Run
  • 2h 29m 41s
  • 13.04 miles
  • 11m 28s /Mi

79 degrees 60% humidity 6 mph wind

18 days until IMWI

How do I feel today? I'm tired this morning and I've been tired all week so far. I've been getting sleep though which is a good thing. Today is supposed to be hot out so I will do my long run this evening. I'm not sure on the time or distance. I was thinking something in the order of 12 to 15 miles today. It'll be a very easy run this evening.

I did run this evening and it was pretty humid out but not terribly hot and there was a decent breeze. I want to say that I had a terrible run but that was entirely true. I think this run was tough. I'm not sure if it was the humidity or me just being tired from all the training especially the 19 plus hour week last week.

The run started out badly for me I just felt like I didn't have anything in the tank tonight and it was like that for the first 5 miles. I ate a nutri grain bar and had a GU after that and I felt a little better but I just felt like I was running in slow motion. I considered calling it quits after each 2.5 mile loop. I knew I wouldn't do that but I wanted to. My whole principle for training has been not to quit on any workout regardless of how bad it is going unless it is going to result in death or permanent injury. That was not the case tonight so I forged on and I just kept telling myself if I can't get it done in training I can't expect to finish an Ironman.

Things actually got better after 10 miles. I actually ran with a lot more conviction and I felt a little bit better about the run overall. I just don't know why it was so tough tonight. My swim wasn't very good on Tuesday and my run wasn't very good tonight. I am going to swim tomorrow and I hope it's better than it was on Tuesday.

• Calories out: 4006 From lifestyle:2490, From activities:1515
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 8 Overall Workout: 3
Swim
  • 43m 40s
  • 1754.00 meters
  • 02m 29s /100 meters

OWS at Wildwood Lake

19 days until IMWI

How do I feel today? I'm tired and a little sore but I got more sleep last night. I am hoping I can do some more of that over the next few weeks. Today I am hoping to swim at the lake with Wynn and Teresa but if not I will head over to the pool for a workout. Either way the plan is to get a swim in.

I got a swim in this evening at Wildwood Lake. I swam with Teresa this evening. It was really beautiful out there this evening, a great evening to swim. I didn't really swim that great tonight not that I ever swim great but I was just not happy with my swimming tonight. I can't be upset about it or let it get in my head though. Not much I can do about my swimming until the offseason arrives. For now the best thing I can do is stayed focused, relaxed and calm.

We are going to have a very nice group at Mont Tremblant. Wynn, Teresa, Bobby and Derrick all are going to be doing it. I'm very happy I signed up, I really didn't want to go through the training again next year but man it's gonna be so great doing it with this group it will be worth it.

• Calories out: 2934 From lifestyle:2544, From activities:390
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 9
20 days until IMWI

How do I feel today? I'm tired and sore this morning but I don't feel all that bad. I am taking a very well earned day off today. I definitely deserve it. I got my BIB# for Wisconsin yesterday and I will be rockin' 2315 so if you see me out there say hello as you pass me LOL! I am so freakin fired up right now. I can't wait to get out there and do this. This is gonna be the longest 20 days of my life.

I'm going to register for IMMT today as well. I'll probably regret it but I can't pass up this opportunity. I can rest when I'm dead LOL.

I'm in for Ironman Mont Tremblant 2014. I signed up as soon as online registration opened. It'll be very cool to do this race with Bobby and Wynn and having the opportunity to train with them as we'll all be on the same schedule. I'm really excited about this.

The downside to all this is I really wasn't going to do an Ironman this year and I swore to my wife I'd not do one so I'm going to have to do things differently this time around.

I think after the first one is in the books the mystique will all be gone. It'll be just another race. I need to be more organized and efficient this time around. I also think this one won't cosume my thoughts and my life like it has with Wisconsin. I think that's because this is the first one.

I don't think my wife minds me doing this so much as I think she's just sick and tired of hearing about me talk about Ironman 24x7. I can't blame her it's just been my whole life for the last year. I can't do that with IMMT and I won't. I definitely need to think about how I'm gonna approach this one. I can't be obsessed this time around.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 2 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 7
Bike #1
  • 3h 09m 41s
  • 53.41 miles
  • 16.89 Mi/hr

xx degrees xx hudmity xx mph wind
16.9 avg speed 22.1 max speed
85 avg cadence 107 max cadence
Outdoor half of my century ride

Bike #2
  • 3h 27m 13s
  • 59.03 miles
  • 17.09 Mi/hr

Indoor on the trainer
17.1 avg speed 19.1 max speed
83 avg cadence 92 max cadence
indoor half of century ride

Run
  • 56m 05s
  • 5.11 miles
  • 10m 58s /Mi

xx degrees xx humidity xx mph wind

21 days until IMWI

How do I feel today? I'm tired and sore this morning and I got up late. I was going to head to Wildwood and do my ride and run out there but with the expected rain and late start I am going to stay close to home and ride here. If it rains I can at least finish indoors with little interruption. Thee plan is to still do 100 to 112 miles and follow it up with a 4 to 6 mile run. I'll be heading out soon enough to get started.

Alright this was a strange century ride to say the least. I was going to go to Wildwood to do a bunch of jail runs and get my 112 miles that way and then follow it up with a 4 to 6 mile run. The weather was calling for rain and I got up a little late so I decided to stay local and ride my loop around my hood.

I got 53 miles in before it started to rain and I had to stop to replace some bottles. The ride was good up until that point. It was overcast and windy but I was riding well and doing well with my nutrition. I was 3:09 into the ride at that point. I decided I didn't want to take any chances so I took it indoors to finish up the ride. In hindsight I should have just keep riding because it stopped raining and the roads weren't that wet.

I did the last 59 miles in 3:27 on the trainer. It wasn't that bad though and I keep up with the good nutrition. Out of my 3 century rides and all my 5 hour plus rides this was the best I've done with my nutrition. I drank enough and I ate enough on the bike today. The weird thing was I didn't feel all that great when I finished the bike. I was tired but I can't explain it but I thought I'd feel better.

Once I got running though I started feeling better as a matter of fact I felt great during the run. I started slowly but I ran faster then what I've been training for. I've been in the 11 to 12 mpm but today I was running under 11 minute miles which for me was a little too fast. I try to slow myself down but I was just feeling good on this run. I kept checking my HR but I was in my targeted zone and was not laboring or struggling at all. I was able to get 5 miles in and I could have kept running, no problem. The amazing thing was I felt great after 7:30 minutes and 117 miles I didn't even feel like I had a big workout today. It's as if I ran a few miles. That is just amazing to me. I may feel like garbage tomorrow but today I feel good. It's the closest I'll get to being Superman.

I totally killed it this week, over 19 hours of training! Damn, am I a rock start or what! Ok I won't go that far but what a totally awesome week of training. I've done everything I could possibly do for Ironman Wisconsin. I just have to finish this race, got to!

Congrats Rick Rivera for an awesome finish at IMMT today. He killed it with a 10:51. Wynn was also racing today in his MTN bike race I hope he did great today.

And yes I will be signing up for Ironman Mount Tremblant 2014 tomorrow.

• Calories out: 8229 From lifestyle:2273, From activities:5955
  • Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 3 Soreness: 2 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 7.5 Overall Workout: 4
  • RACE DAY: Ironman Mont-Tremblant
Run
  • 1h 51m 36s
  • 10.28 miles
  • 10m 51s /Mi

80 degrees 39 humdity 3 mph wind

22 days until IMWI

How do I feel today? I feel pretty good today. I'm a little tired but have been getting more sleep the last few days. Today I am going to just do a two hour run. I've got a lot of running in this week which is a good thing. I'll probably focus a little more on the bike next week so it was good to get some decent mileage in this week.

Tomorrow I would like to do 100-112 miles on the bike. I'll probably head to Wildwood and just do 6 or 7 jail runs up and around RT 51. I'll probably be solo but I'm good witht that. I will run 4 to 6 miles, 40 to 60 minutes after the bike ride. Only 9 more days until the taper. I need to have a big week this week. All the gas will be in the tank and the taper will begin. I'll be all ready to go physically and the final mental preparations can begin. I need to make sure I'm in the right mindset for the race. I just keep telling myself I'm ready and I can do this. I don't think I've ever put more time, money or effort into anything I've ever done.

Great run today for me, I went out a little bit faster pace then my expected IM run pace but I was really feeling good so I just went with it. The weather was great and I really enjoyed my run. I will probably pay for it tomorrow on the bike. This was my biggest week running while training for IMWI. I will probably be more bike focused next week. Tomorrow I'll do my long bike and short run and I'll have one more high volume week left. It'll be on to the taper!

• Calories out: 3725 From lifestyle:2485, From activities:1240
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 9
Bike
  • 2h 01m 45s
  • 35.97 miles
  • 17.73 Mi/hr

Indoor on the trainer
17.7 avg speed 19.9 max speed
81 avg cadence 95 max cadence

23 days until IMWI

How do I feel today? I'm tired this morning but I slept great last night. I need to do it again tonight. For today I am planning on a 2 to 3 hour bike ride this evening. Not sure if I will do it indoors or outdoors it will depend on when I start.

I got two hours in on the trainer tonight I was just too lazy to take the bike out and ride outdoors besides it's getting darker earlier and I don't really need to deal with any mishaps outside so I stayed in. Not a bad workout, worked a big gear for an hour and then went to an easier gear and just spun for an hour. I feel pretty good.

Tomorrow I'll run for two hours and try and get 10 miles in and then on Sunday I'll be looking at a good 6 plus hour 100 to 112 mile bike followed by a 4 to 6 mile run. That would make for a nice week of training. I'll have one more big week and then I taper.

I have to make a decision on Ironman Mont Tremblant as well. I'm very much leaning towards doing it next year.

• Calories out: 4119 From lifestyle:2489, From activities:1630
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 8.5
Swim
  • 41m 38s
  • 1770.00 meters
  • 02m 21s /100 meters

OWS at Wildwood Lake

24 days until IMWI

How do I feel today? I'm tired this morning. I've not gotten as much sleep as I need to be getting this week. I don't feel too bad from the long run yesterday. My right knee is a little sore and I got a bad cramp in my right calf this morning but other than that I am good to go for this evening. I am going to swim at the lake this evening. That's the plan swim only today.

I got a swim with Wynn, Teresa and Mark this evening. What a beautiful evening to go swimming. I was very tired today and extremely slow but I did manage an out and back the long way so that was good enough for me this evening. I probably should have done a short as well but I was just to tired. Glad to get done early now I've got to take advantage and get to bed earlier tonight. I'm soooooo tired lol.

• Calories out: 2943 From lifestyle:2567, From activities:375
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 7

strikyr's Training Log

August 2013 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
     1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31

Time
Distance