Bike
  • 1h 15m 28s
  • 21.48 miles
  • 17.08 Mi/hr

Indoor on the trainer
17.1 avg speed 18.8 max speed
83 avg cadence 91 max cadence

31 days until IMWI

How do I feel today? Man I am so tired this morning thankfully I got a break since my daughter took the day off so I got to sleep in. However I finished my workout so late last night I could not take advantage of it. I'm trying to cram in all this training as I don't have much time left. Today it will be another indoor affair same thing as last night, 1:15 on the trainer and 10 miles and around an 1:45 on the treadmill. Tomorrow I'll swim at Wildwood but the weather for today and tomorrow is not looking promising. We'll see how it goes if not I'll be at the pool for an hour.

So the rain held off for the afternoon and evening other then it being humid and muggy out it wasn't bad out. I decided to get the run done first and then do the bike indoors. I just could not get myself to run on the treadmill tonight.

The run was actually tough it was a little windy as well but the humidity just totally sucked. My legs were pretty dead this evening. I think I did well just getting the 10 miles in. It wasn't fast by any means but I got it done. I wasn't sure I'd have anything left for the bike but I actually did and I think it was good for a while. My legs sort of came to life and I was able to give a decent effort. The last 30 minutes just seemed to go on forever I just couldn't wait to finish tonight.

Again I got it done so pretty good workout being very fatigued today and some suspect legs. It was good to do this so I understand how it feels. I always say to myself when I'm struggling or not feeling good or starting to suffering during a workout that is will be a 100 times worse during Ironman Wisconsin so just keep going. I think it'll help if and when I d hit the wall in IMWI.

I'm so tired right now I just don't know how people do this every year. I can't wait to get to the taper and I can't wait for it to all be over. I just want to crawl in to bed and hibernate for the winter. I seriously underestimated the effort it would take to do this and am totally amazed at how people do two or three IM's a year. Just pure insanity.

• Calories out: 4674 From lifestyle:2461, From activities:2213
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 2 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 8 Overall Workout: 3
Bike
  • 1h 15m 27s
  • 21.57 miles
  • 17.15 Mi/hr

Indoor on the trainer
17.2 avg speed 18.5 max speed
83 avg cadence 89 max cadence

Run
  • 1h 52m 28s
  • 10.04 miles
  • 11m 11s /Mi

Indoor on the treadmill
5.2 - 5.6 speed 0 - 11.5 incline 239 vt feet
6 miles of IMWI run course via iFit, 4 miles no incline

32 days until IMWI

How do I feel today? I'm tired and my legs are still heavy from this past weekend's century. I can't believe it. I have decided not to do a long run this week. I am going to do 3 mid runs of 10 to 12 miles and will get a 20 mile run in next week. The weather is going suck the next 3 days with the rain and chance of thundershowers anyway. Today I will do an hour on the bike and then follow that up with a 2 hour run. It will probably be indoors.

I got a very late start today on my workout. I wound up doing it indoors and I didn't finish until 10 PM tonight. Thankfully my daughter took off from work tomorrow so I can sleep in yay! I got and 1:15 on the trainer tonight and just kept it moderate paced wth a little but higher cadence to get the legs loose for the run.

I did two runs, 6 miles of the IM Wisconsin course and then I did 4 miles of no incline for just over 10 miles and just under two hours. I really, really had to force myself to stay on the treadmill running. I just could not get focused on doing the workout. My mind wanted me to quit so badly but I just refused to do it. At this point there is no way I can quit any workout. I'm so closed to doing this I can't even be thinking like that. It was cool though I finished the workout and I shut those voice in my head down.

I get to do it all over again tomorrow the same 3 hour workout and another late start. I feel like I'm in college trying to pull an all nighter before an exam. I just have to put my head down, suck it up and get this down. It's all gonna pay off come race day.

• Calories out: 4748 From lifestyle:2465, From activities:2283
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 2 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 7.5 Overall Workout: 3
Swim
  • 1h 00m 20s
  • 2527.00 meters
  • 02m 23s /100 meters

OWS at Wildwood Lake

33 days until IMWI

How do I feel today? I'm tired this morning I went to bed too late last night. I need to get more rest and sleep but it's just so hard to do. Too many things going on and it's never ending. Today I will swim at Wildwood lake for an hour and I would like to get an hour on the bike afterwards.

Well I didn't get the hour bike workout in but I did get my swim in this evening with Teresa and Sanjeev. It was really a great evening to swim, a little windy but the water wasn't really that choppy, maybe just a little. I did one long and one short out and back. Not bad I kept it easy and swam about as well as I can. I need to catch up tomorrow I am thinking about ditching the long run this week and doing like 3 mid distance runs of 10 or more miles. I need to think about this.

My long ride this week with Wynn is going to be a 122 mile affair out to Montauk. I think Wynn is really trying to kill me at times but at least we are not going all the way to the lighthouse. There are some pretty decent climbs out to the lighthouse thankfully he spared us from doing them.

• Calories out: 3124 From lifestyle:2576, From activities:548
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 2 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 7 Overall Workout: 3
34 days until IMWI

How do I feel today? I'm a little tired and sore after the century ride and run brick. I'm feeling every one of those 106 miles this morning! Overall though I don't feel that bad. I would like swim today but I don't think I can. I need to pick my daughter up from work so I will be getting a late start this evening. I'm leaning towards a bike ride and maybe following that up with a short run if I'm feeling good enough. We'll see how it goes.

What a beautiful day it was today and guess what? I didn't train today and probably a good thing as well. I'm tired and my body definitely needed the break today. I'm sure I'll get 18 hours in this week one way or another so this was well deserved after yesterday's accomplishment.

The only exercise I got was walking my dog Luna twice today, once around noon and a longer one this evening. I left the Garmin and the heartrate monitor home for this. We had two nice walks today. To be honest I can't wait for the IM thing to be over in this regard so I can spend more time walking her and working with her to get her better trained. Back to work tomorrow.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 2 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 8
Bike
  • 5h 37m 56s
  • 103.00 miles
  • 18.29 Mi/hr

62 - 78 degrees 50 - 75% humidity wind calm to very windy
18.3 avg speed 28.9 max speed
87 avg cadence 117 max cadence

Run
  • 35m 59s
  • 3.08 miles
  • 11m 40s /Mi

78 degrees 45% humidity 9 mph wind

35 days until IMWI

How do I feel today? I'm tired this morning I went to bed too late and am up early for my century ride to Orient Point with Wynn. We are looking to get at least 100 in and I will follow that up with a 3 or 4 mile run. It will be a good confidence builder for me to do this.

I had a great ride with Wynn today out to Orient Point. He took me on a lot of less traveled and scenic roads which was awesome and it wasn't all flat either. We were mainly aero for this ride but there were a lot of rollers on the side roads out to Orient Point. I didn't try and chase Wynn as he was on the tri bike today. I knew I could not keep up with him so for me it was JRA (just ride along) at my hopeful IM pace. It worked out well we didn't stop much and made good time out there.

On the way back about 65 miles in Wynn broke a couple of spokes on his rear wheel. We did ride through some rough patches as they were doing road work on Route 25 and it was passable but not good. He had to phone Teresa to get him so I did the rest solo unfortunately and it was a more direct route mainly staying on Sound Ave. So I wound up with 103 miles and would have had more if Wynn didn't have that problem. It's still all good I'm very happy to get this ride in and a little disappointed that I didn't get to finish it up with Wynn.

I did well, my JRA strategy worked well. There was alot of wind today. It seemed I was riding in a headwind on the way out and on the way back. It slowed me down for sure but I didn't try and push it. I wanted to make sure I had enough to complete the ride and I was able to do that. I could have rode another 9 miles so I feel good with this.

I also ran 3 miles off the bike when I got back to Wynn's house. I ran my IM pace and kept my HR down in my targeted range so I think that went well. I could have ran more so I'm feeling good about that as well.

I think I am right where I need to be. The only thing I want to do is the 2.4 mile lake swim. That will probably be next weekend. If I do that then I know I'm good. I keep telling myself I'm ready and I believe it. I can finish at Ironman Wisconsin.

• Calories out: 7347 From lifestyle:2366, From activities:4981
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 6 Overall Workout: 4
Bike
  • 1h 00m 52s
  • 17.94 miles
  • 17.68 Mi/hr

Indoor on the trainer
17.7 avg speed 19.3 max speed
87 avg cadence 94 max cadence

Run
  • 33m 45s
  • 3.00 miles
  • 11m 15s /Mi

Indoor on the treadmill
Speed 5.3 - 5.5 Incline 0-4 vt feet 131

36 days until IMWI

How do I feel today? Not too bad, I wish I could have slept a little later this morning but Luna decided she was up and wanted out of her crate so I had to get up. Today I am going to just do a short 60 minute ride on the trainer and I will probably just do a very short run on the treadmill something like 30 minutes or so.

I want to save my stuff for my long ride with Wynn tomorrow. We are doing 112 miles and I want to do 3 or 4 miles off the bike. If I get that in the books tomorrow then the only thing left is a 2.4 mile lake swim. I just can't believe how far I have come and how soon Ironman Wisconsin is going to be here. I just keep telling myself that I can do it.

• Calories out: 3719 From lifestyle:2521, From activities:1198
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 8
Run
  • 1h 00m 13s
  • 5.41 miles
  • 11m 07s /Mi

76 degrees 69% humidity 12 mph wind

Swim
  • 32m 47s
  • 1449.00 meters
  • 02m 15s /100 meters

OWS at Wildwood Lake
76 degrees 64% humidity 10 mph wind

37 days until IMWI

How do I feel today? I'm a little tired this morning. The knee is feeling a little better as well. There is still a bump on the side of my right knee. I can't believe it I must have hit it hard. Today I just plan on swimming in the evening at Wildwood with Susan. I need to get my bike cleanup and ready for tomorrow. The plan is to head out to Orient Point with Wynn. We are looking at doing 110 miles. This will be a key ride for me. I would also like to run a few miles afterwards. If I can do that I will feel much better about my chances going into IMWI.

I swam with Susan at Wildwood this evening. We didn't do much just the short way twice. The water was pretty choppy and it became overcast. I would have liked to have done more but I wanted to get a run as well this evening so I headed home. The run was a little tough for a short 5 mile run. I guess the legs are a little tired this week. It wasn't bad though it was not as overcast here as it was over by Wildwood. So not a bad workout for today. Tomorrow I will probably keep it short as well. I will bike and hour and run for 30 minutes or so. I want to save my energy for the long ride with Wynn on Sunday. Plus I want to brick off the bike for 3 or 4 miles if I can do that.

• Calories out: 3510 From lifestyle:2536, From activities:975
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 7.5 Overall Workout: 3

strikyr's Training Log

August 2013 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
     1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31

Time
Distance
  • July's totals
  • June's totals