How do I feel today? I feel great this morning. I finally feel well rested and I got a great night of sleep. I got up early though becuase my dog Luna does not believe in sleeping in! I talk her out and man was it chilly out there. I took her for a walk it is a beautiful morning. I think I will probably take her down by the marina for a lunch time walk today.

As far as training goes I'm not doing anything today. I will clean my bike up and I will try and fix my front left shifter. I am planning to swim at the lake tomorrow morning at 8:30 am with Bobby and then we will do a bike ride. I am looking forward to getting some activity in tomorrow. I think taking the week off was a smart thing to do. For the next two months I will probably just do unstructured workouts and focus on my swimming.

The training for IMMT will begin in November. I need a few months of down time before I get started there however I will be working out and not slacking off.

• Health data: Sleep: 5 Stress: 5 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 8
How do I feel today? I'm still tired. I drank way too many beers last night as well LOL, trying to make up for what I missed this year LOL. I wanted to swim today and had a chance to get to Wildwood at 11:30 am swim but I was too tired to do it. I would have if I'd not drank so much but that Blue Moon seasonal 12 pack is freakin awesome. I love the Rounders brew that stuff is da bomb!

No beer today though I have to go do some food shopping and I want to work on my bike. It needs to be cleaned up after the Ironman and I need to see if I can fixed my left shifter for my front ring that popped out of the aero bar. If I can't I need to take it to the LBS tomorrow. I really wanted to try and get a ride in tomorrow.

Other than that I wanted to finish up my lessons learned doc for Brenda, JoAnne and Dirk today. I need to get that done while all the info is fresh in my mind. So probably no work out again today. I am hoping to ride tomorrow and swim on Sunday.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 5 Soreness: 2 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 8
How do I feel today? Not bad, I'm still a little sore and I'm tired. I need to get more sleep. I drank too many beers last night and went to bed way too late since I needed to get up early and get my daughter to work.

I didn't really do much so far today. I took Luna for a walk and finally got the yard mowed. It needed to be done. I was going to swim tonight but I'll probably pass and go pick my daughter up from the train station. I'll see if I can get someone to swim with me tomorrow at the lake.

I just have been catching up. I finished my race report for IMWI and I have been just relaxing and reading everyone else's RR's from IMWI and the from all the Junkies who raced this past weekend. I wanted to get my lessons learned write up done and share that with Brenda, JoAnne and Dirk since they're going to be taking the same journey I did next year for IMWI. Hopefully it will be helpful.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 5 Soreness: 2 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 6
How do I feel today? I'm still tired and probably will be all week. I'm not planning on doing anything at all today. I am going to hang out and work on my race report and just catch up on everything I missed while I was away and out on the course on Sunday.

I'm off the rest of the week from work so I'm not logging any nutrition and I will not be doing any structured workouts this week. My offseason has officially begun. I will not be doing any running this week. I will walk with Luna instead. I may do some very easy biking this week just for fun and I would like to swim this week. I think I may go tomorrow evening and probably Sunday morning to go and chill with the rest of the Warriors swimming and training for the Mighty Man HIM coming up at the end of the month.

Damn the coffee taste so good coming out of my Wisconsin Ironman coffee mug lol. It's good to be an Ironman lol. Seriously it is still sinking in, I'm still in a state of disbelief and am reflecting on my accomplishment from this past weekend. I'm probably gonna be on cloud nine for the rest of the week.

On a more important and serious note, my thoughts and prayers are with the families and the victims of 9/11. I was down there that day and I still remember what happened that day and will never forget it.

• Health data: Sleep: 5 Stress: 5 Soreness: 2 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 8
How do I feel today? I'm so tired today. I have gotten very little sleep this week especially from Saturday until now I may have gotten a total of 15 or 16 hours of sleep. Luna has been up early and was up early again today. She is so off schedule as she sleeps alot on the drive. Today we had back from Ohio to NY. I can't wait to get home. I had a great time in Madison even though the drive has been long 4 days total, 2 each way it was well worth it.

We got home tonight before 8 pm. I unpacked all my stuff and eat 5 slices of pizza and drank like 4 beers. I had a bunch of Blue Moon's waiting for me. I'm so happy to be home the driving is so tiring maybe worst then doing Ironman lol. I won't be working out tomorrow but hope to get back to some easy swimming and bike this week. No running this week at all. I will just walk with Luna. I'll try and get her out for some nice long walks this week since I'm off the rest of the week.

My season is officially over. I'm gonna just put myself in maintainence mode until December then I'll start the bike interval training back up. I think the training for Ironman Mont Tremblant will begin in late January. I'll get some down time now but I'll be working out. I have no plans of losing any fitness. I have to figure out how to get faster now for the next Ironman.

I still can't freakin believe it, I'm an Ironman!

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Stress: 3 Soreness: 2 Fatigue: 1 Hours slept: 6.5
How do I feel today? I feel amazing! I did it! I am an Ironman! I still can't believe it. It was a tough day for the swim and the bike was tough as well with all the wind. I also had about 4 long stops on the bike but I totally owned the run. I mean I killed the run. There were so many just walking it and ran the whole thing. I finished in 14:55:45 and I'll take it. I could have done better but I'm not gonna worry about it. It's my first one and it was awesome. Madison is awesome the support was unbelievable. When I get home I will get a race report up for now I am just enjoying the fact that my dream of becoming an Ironman was fulfilled. I worked so hard for this it is that much more enjoyable knowing that I earned this. I am equally proud of my swim which was brutal, the bike which was smart and the run which was just awesome. Everything came together for me yesterday and I could not be happier with the results.

• Health data: Sleep: 1 Stress: 5 Soreness: 1 Fatigue: 1 Hours slept: 4
Swim
  • 2h 04m 41s
  • 3862.40 meters
  • 03m 14s /100 meters

63 degrees 87% humidity 12 mph wind

IMWI Lake Monona - conditions were very windy and rough. My Garmin has my swim at 2.78 miles! Holy cow I was all over the place.

Bike
  • 7h 11m 25s
  • 112.00 miles
  • 15.58 Mi/hr

67 degrees 81% humidity 10 mph wind

IMWI bike - 4 long stops - dropped my chain twice, bathroom break, special needs bag for nutrition replenishment, broken shifter repair.

Bike Computer Stats
Actual ride time 6:59:25 Distance 111.89
Avg Speed 16.0 Max Speed 36.3
Avg Cadence 80 Max Cadence 113

Run
  • 5h 09m 51s
  • 26.20 miles
  • 11m 49s /Mi

71 degrees 78% humidity 14 mph wind

IMWI run

Race Day Ironman Wisconsin!

How do I feel today? I have so many mixed emotions right now I don't know what to say. The day I have been waiting for a year has finally arrived and I am 3 hours from the biggest race day in my life.

Regardless of what happens today I know I've done everything I believe I could have to get ready to be here.

I will leave it all out there today and race the race of my life. I'll conquer any fears and doubts that I have about doing this.

This day is going to be mine!

I'm ready, I can do this!

I can become an Ironman today!

Time to make the dream the reality.

Good luck and Godspeed to all the athletes participating today. May they also all fulfill their dreams and have a safe and great race.

Mission accomplished, I'm an Ironman! 14:55:45

• Calories out: 11102 From lifestyle:2030, From activities:9072
  • Health data: Sleep: 2 Stress: 2 Soreness: 5 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 6.5

strikyr's Training Log

September 2013 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30     

Time