Run
  • 1h 02m 46s
  • 5.10 miles
  • 12m 18s /Mi

70 degrees 65% humidity 10 mph wind

How do I feel today? I'm tired this morning, my dog Luna got very restless around 3 am and wound up getting up before 5 am. She was crying in her create so we let her out so needless to say I didn't get a good night's sleep. In any case the plan for today is to attempt another run this evening. I am going to try and run an hour and about 5 miles. I will run very slowly LOL. It was a struggle on Tuesday so we'll see how this goes. If I can't make 5 miles I'll cut it short and do whatever I can do.

A much better run today albeit very slow. I thought I was running faster than I actually was though. That is how it has been with all my workouts this week it's been like I'm working out in slow motion. The run was not bad the first loop was actually tough so I slowed down as much as I could and just ran very easy. The second loop I felt much better and ran a little faster but I was well over 12 mpm LOL. Holy cow that is pathetic just like the bike trainer ride the other night. Again I'll just roll with it for now.

Tomorrow I am doing a 60 mile leisure ride in Sag Harbor and in Shelter Island. No hammering allowed thankfully. Just a fun ride with a group and then we do some lunch. I'm looking forward to it.

• Calories out: 3114 From lifestyle:2549, From activities:565
  • Health data: Sleep: 2 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 8
Swim
  • 55m 40s
  • 2000.00 meters
  • 02m 47s /100 meters

Indoor Pool
3 x 500
2 x 250

How do I feel today? I'm still tired. I need to get to bed earlier as well. I did not do that last night and I really should be doing that. I signed up for a local 10K last night, seeds of hope. I did it last year and it's a great little local race. I also signed up for Syracuse 70.3 again. We will have quite a few people from Long Island heading up to there so it should be really good. We will have a lot of support for this race. Today I plan on swimming I will either swim at the lake or in the pool depending on whether I have someone to swim with or not.

I got a late swim in this evening at the pool. I didn't have anyone to watch my baby Luna so the lake swim was out tonight. I could have gone too as I would have had a swim partner this evening and it was nice out too. In any case an easy 2000 meters at the pool will have to do for my workout. I'm still tired and going that late in the evening I wanted to nap more the go for a swim. I think tomorrow I will try and run but will keep it short.

• Calories out: 3063 From lifestyle:2561, From activities:502
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 7.5 Overall Workout: 3
Bike
  • 1h 00m 45s
  • 16.49 miles
  • 16.29 Mi/hr

Indoor on the trainer
16.3 avg speed 17.4 max speed
79 avg cadence 84 max cadence

How do I feel today? I'm still tired but I'm sleeping great. I got another good night of sleep. I need to keep doing this and I am feeling better. My right foot is a little sore from yesterday's run but other than that I feel fine. Today I am planning on taking the bike out this evening for a ride. Probably an hour or so, planning to keep it short and no hammerfest.

I did an hour on the trainer tonight. I wanted to ride outdoors but finished up work late today so I had to settle for the trainer. Man I totally have nothing in tank. I just kept it easy for the hour. The funny thing is I thought I was going faster then I really was then I look at the numbers and I'm like man they totally suck lol. It's to be expected, I'm just so tired, I sleep great and wake up tired in the afternoon I could really use a nap lol. I guess I just roll with it for now not much I can do other then make sure I get my rest and keep the workouts easy for now.

Looks like I will be getting a MTN bike. The finance commitee (my wife) has approved so I'll do my homework and probably go down to the LBS and check them out next week. Damn you Wynn! Peer pressure! It'll be good for me though and should help with the overall fitness and improve my bike fitness.

• Calories out: 3389 From lifestyle:2564, From activities:824
  • Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 8 Overall Workout: 2
Run
  • 59m 11s
  • 5.10 miles
  • 11m 36s /Mi

61 degrees 44% humidity 0 mph wind

How do I feel today? I'm still tired and it is hard to explain. My body feels fine but I am just so tired in the mornings and in the afternoon I just feel like taking a nap. It doesn't matter how long I sleep I am just feeling tired. Surely this must be from all the IM training and the IM itself. Hopefully this passes soon enough. Luna also got up at abut 3:45 am crying and whining this morning. She did the same thing when we put her in for the night last night. I don't know what's up with her. She just wasn't well behaved at all yesterday.

Today I am going to attempt my first run since doing the IM. That weather is nice and cool so it should make for a great run this evening. I'm not sure how long I'm going to run. I am thinking of just trying to get an hour in for today. Something around 6 miles or so. I'll see how I am feeling and will take it from there.

I ran 5 miles this evening and I struggle mightly. I was fine for the first loop which is about 2.2.5 miles. I probably went out a little faster then I should have and I really paid for it on the second loop. I just didn't have any energy. I was not running hard or fast but I had nothing in the tank. It really hit home that even 9 days after the IM that I am still recovering. To be honest the IM run was easier then this run tonight. I may have to keep the runs short for now.

• Calories out: 3168 From lifestyle:2565, From activities:602
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 7.5 Overall Workout: 2
Swim
  • 54m 26s
  • 2000.00 meters
  • 02m 43s /100 meters

Indoor Pool
4x500 easy

How do I feel today? I'm tired this morning but I did sleep great last night and got 8.5 hours of sleep. The good thing is I did not over extend myself at IMWI and I should be able to bounce back and recovery quicker because of that. I'm sure I'll be feeling like this all week but I plan on getting as much sleep as I can.

Today I would like to head to the pool for an hour and just get a nice easy swim in, maybe do an easy 2000 meter swim. I really want to get back in the water and would have liked to yesterday but I'm not complaining I am not going to push myself. I just want to maintain my fitness for the next few months before I start up the IMMT training.

I got two walks in with Luna and I went swimming for the first time since my brutal traumatizing swim at IMWI lol. I want to say it was fun but swimming is just not fun for me. It was good to get back in the water and swim. I'm not a fan of the pool but it was pretty empty this evening so I had a lane to myself and I just swam. I tried to just keep it easy and do my thing. I got almost an hour in which was good for me.

Dirk got into IMWI and general entry sold out in record time. This race is getting very popular. Glad he got in and with that we now have Brenda, JoAnne and Dirk officially in for next year. That will be at least 4 Junkies doing an Ironman next year. That is awesome!

• Calories out: 3069 From lifestyle:2575, From activities:494
  • Health data: Sleep: 5 Stress: 4 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 8.5 Overall Workout: 3
Bike
  • 1h 35m 27s
  • 30.48 miles
  • 19.16 Mi/hr

61 degrees 64% humidity 5 mph wind
19.2 avg speed 31.4 max speed
87 avg cadence 108 max cadence

How do I feel today? Tired but I slept great last night. I'm up early to head to Wildwood lake for a swim and a bike ride with Bobby. My first workout since Ironman Wisconsin. After that I'm looking to chill and drink beer while I watch the NFL games. GO COWBOYS!

No swim today, Bobby and I agreed to take a pass on that and I was fine with that. I'll hit the pool tomorrow. We had a great bike ride. I couldn't believe how well I rode today. I was able to keep pace with Bobby the whole ride. Granted Bobby still working his way back to getting in shape and regaining his fitness he can still ride. What I thought was going to be an easy ride really wasn't we were pushing the pace for most of the ride.

I felt very good but I did have 6 days off and I came out of the Ironman in very good shape. I had fun today and I'm glad Bobby pushed the pace, my fitness level is high right now but I have to take it easy and get some rest as well. Maybe I'll do the Cedar Beach sprint tri in October. Bobby and I talked about it today. If he's in I'll probably do it.

• Calories out: 3610 From lifestyle:2534, From activities:1076
  • Health data: Sleep: 5 Stress: 5 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 8 Overall Workout: 5
How do I feel today? I feel great this morning. I finally feel well rested and I got a great night of sleep. I got up early though becuase my dog Luna does not believe in sleeping in! I talk her out and man was it chilly out there. I took her for a walk it is a beautiful morning. I think I will probably take her down by the marina for a lunch time walk today.

As far as training goes I'm not doing anything today. I will clean my bike up and I will try and fix my front left shifter. I am planning to swim at the lake tomorrow morning at 8:30 am with Bobby and then we will do a bike ride. I am looking forward to getting some activity in tomorrow. I think taking the week off was a smart thing to do. For the next two months I will probably just do unstructured workouts and focus on my swimming.

The training for IMMT will begin in November. I need a few months of down time before I get started there however I will be working out and not slacking off.

• Health data: Sleep: 5 Stress: 5 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 8

strikyr's Training Log

September 2013 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30     

Time
Distance
  • July's totals