Run
  • 1h 05m 22s
  • 6.24 miles
  • 10m 28s /Mi

60 degrees 86% humidity 0 mph wind

How do I feel today? Not bad a little tired. Luna is really off here schedule she got up last night at around 5 am and my wife got up and took her out. She is taking a bunch of different medication so I think that she has been needing to go out more. She did not really go back to sleep after that and neither did my wife unfortunately. Today I am planning to get a run in this evening at least 5 miles and hoping to actually do a little more maybe 3 loops for 7.5 miles. We'll see how it goes.

I did get my run in this evening, not bad a 6.24 mile run and I ran it at a 10:30 pace which is like 7 mpm for me especially after all the slow, slow running I did during my IM training. I probably pushed too hard tonight but I did not feel bad doing it. I wanted to go longer but it was getting dark and I was getting tired. I am hoping to get a little bit of a longer run on Sunday morning.

• Calories out: 3291 From lifestyle:2554, From activities:737
  • Health data: Sleep: 2 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 7.5 Overall Workout: 4
How do I feel today? I'm tired this morning. Luna got up at 3:30 am and had to go out. She was at the vet yesterday and slept early when she got back. I think she was off her schedule as she did not go out later on last night. So needless to say I didn't sleep well after that. No training today though I will be heading over to Carl Hart bike shop to go check out MTN bikes and hopefully come away with a brand spanking new 29er.

I bought a brand new 29er this evening. I got the Trek X-Caliber 7. I really liked the X-Caliber 8 but my wife would have killed me if I would have bought that one. I think the 7 is going to be more than great for what I am going to be doing. Shannon at Carl Hart took care of me and hooked me up with the right bike and she answered all my questions. It should be in next Wednesday so I am looking forward to having it for the following weekend. I can't wait to get started on it.

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 8
Bike
  • 1h 00m 31s
  • 18.38 miles
  • 18.22 Mi/hr

Indoor on the trainer
18.2 avg speed 19.5 max speed
79 avg cadence 84 max cadence

How do I feel today? Not bad a little tired this morning. Luna was making a lot of noise this morning so we had to let her out of her create a little earlier than we normally would. Not sure what I am doing today. The plan was to go to Carl Hart and get my MTN bike today but Luna has to go to the vet at 6 pm so that means I would have to go get my daughter instead. If that is the case then I will do a ride on the trainer and get the bike tomorrow. If we can get Luna an earlier appointment then I will take a day off and get the MTN bike. We'll see how it plays out today.

What a mess today, so I didn't get to the bike shop. My dog went to the vet but she had to stay longer than expected which meant I had to go get my daughter. Well my daughter wound up coming in on a later train so I could have made it to the bike shop but it was too late by that time to get down there so I will be going tomorrow instead.

I did get a solid hour ride on the trainer. I rode at a moderate to hard pace tonight and I felt good doing it. I just wanted to see how I would feel. I think I am coming around well in my recovery.

• Calories out: 3386 From lifestyle:2564, From activities:821
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 7.5
Swim
  • 53m 42s
  • 1950.00 meters
  • 02m 45s /100 meters

Indoor Pool
1x700
10x50
5x50 fins
2x250

How do I feel today? Not bad, a little tired this morning but I definitely am feeling much better two weeks after the IM. I am starting to come around and I have more energy. Today I am planning to head the pool to swim for an hour. I want to focus on my technique which I need to try and continue to improve. I will take advantage of the time I have now until the end of the year to work on improving that.

I got a swim in at the pool and man there was a little bit of a crowd there this evening. In any case slow and easy swimming trying to focus on my form. I totally suck LOL. Seriously I need to spend the next 8 weeks trying to improve my form. I'm not going to swim hard just try to slowly improve. I have been reading the Edurance Nation 2.0 doc and it is blowing my mind, no swimming in the out season? Really, WOW! I could not imagine myself doing that but I totally understand where the coaches are coming from. I want to finish reading that tonight.

Hope I can get to the LBS to get the MTN bike tomorrow. We'll see, we need to get Luna to the Vet so I'm not sure if I can get there but if not I will go down there on Wednesday.

• Calories out: 3071 From lifestyle:2583, From activities:488
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 7.5 Overall Workout: 3
Run
  • 57m 39s
  • 5.35 miles
  • 10m 46s /Mi

67 degrees 81% humidity 10 mph wind

How do I feel today? Not too bad not as tired as I've been lately. I will get a short run in this morning before the NFL games start. I will then chill, drink beer and watch the games. Go Cowboys!

I got a great run in this morning. I changed up my route and ran more inclines. I can't really call them hills but more elevation. I felt great and I ran at a little bit faster pace. I think I am finally starting to bounce back from the Ironman two weeks ago. It was beautiful outside I could not pass up an opportunity to get out there and run. A good week for me, 8 hours of training in the books not too bad.

• Calories out: 3218 From lifestyle:2566, From activities:652
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 8
Bike
  • 2h 18m 32s
  • 34.66 miles
  • 15.01 Mi/hr

67 degrees 88% humidity 6 mph wind
15.0 avg speed 28.5 max speed
77 avg cadence 154 max cadence

How do I feel today? I'm tired but I am up early this morning to head out for the group ride that Wynn organized. We are going to ride over to Shelter Island and then come back and ride in Sag Harbor this mornining. The total ride is expected to be about 60 miles. We'll see how much I can do and how long I will last. I'm still trying to get back to normal.

Well we did ride today and the weather turned out to be pretty nice. It was overcast at times but the sun did come out for most of the ride. We started out in Sag Harbor and headed over to Shelter Island via the Ferry. It's a very scenic ride around Shelter Island, really beautiful areas there and it is not flat! We rode plenty of hills, lot's of rollers and there was one really steep climb. Damn I though I left that all behind in Wiscosin LOL! I wound up bailing after we got to Sage Harbor it was close to Noon and I had done 35 miles already. I didn't think I would be able to keep up with group that was left riding the Mighty Hamptons Oly bike course in Sag Harbor.

All in all it was a really good ride, we didn't really hammer much at all and I got way more hills then I was expected so I got a good workout and I'm freakin tired right now LOL. I'm feeling better but I'm still tired so I don't want to over do it. I'm two weeks out from IMWI and still in recovery mode but great ride today I really enjoyed it.

I'm just gonna chill and get some stuff done around the house this afternoon.

• Calories out: 4078 From lifestyle:2511, From activities:1567
  • Health data: Sleep: 2 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 7.5
Run
  • 1h 02m 46s
  • 5.10 miles
  • 12m 18s /Mi

70 degrees 65% humidity 10 mph wind

How do I feel today? I'm tired this morning, my dog Luna got very restless around 3 am and wound up getting up before 5 am. She was crying in her create so we let her out so needless to say I didn't get a good night's sleep. In any case the plan for today is to attempt another run this evening. I am going to try and run an hour and about 5 miles. I will run very slowly LOL. It was a struggle on Tuesday so we'll see how this goes. If I can't make 5 miles I'll cut it short and do whatever I can do.

A much better run today albeit very slow. I thought I was running faster than I actually was though. That is how it has been with all my workouts this week it's been like I'm working out in slow motion. The run was not bad the first loop was actually tough so I slowed down as much as I could and just ran very easy. The second loop I felt much better and ran a little faster but I was well over 12 mpm LOL. Holy cow that is pathetic just like the bike trainer ride the other night. Again I'll just roll with it for now.

Tomorrow I am doing a 60 mile leisure ride in Sag Harbor and in Shelter Island. No hammering allowed thankfully. Just a fun ride with a group and then we do some lunch. I'm looking forward to it.

• Calories out: 3114 From lifestyle:2549, From activities:565
  • Health data: Sleep: 2 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 8

strikyr's Training Log

September 2013 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30     

Time
Distance