Run
  • 1h 42m
  • 7.40 miles
  • 13m 47s /Mi

53 degrees 69% humidity 0 mph wind

How do I feel today? I'm tired this morning went to bed too late knowing I would have to get up early today. I was going to do a short run today but I am going to do a trail run over in Manorville Hills with Wynn and Teresa. I also had an opportunity to do the Cedar Beach tri course with Bobby. After the hills ride yesterday I'd rather do that when I am feeling fresh. We are looking to do that next weekend.

Great run today over at MVH's with Wynn and Teresa, what a great workout running those trails. They are not easy with alot of hills. I think I got a fantastic workout doing it. I only went down once. I knew I would, I tripped over a rock lol. I'm like how could I miss one that big? but I was looking up at the trail markers. A good habit to get into. I'm glad I went it was way better than running loops around the neighborhood.

What a great weekend, awesome weather and some really enjoyable workouts. I mean after doing all the IM training you realize why you enjoy doing this stuff when you are just doing it for the sake of doing it. No races, no pressure, no nothing, just out there enjoying the opportunity to be able to do something you love doing. It's priceless.

• Calories out: 3344 From lifestyle:2536, From activities:807
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 7.5 Overall Workout: 4
Bike
  • 2h 49m
  • 42.32 miles
  • 15.02 Mi/hr

58 degress 90% humidity 3 mph wind
15.0 avg speed 28.9 max speed
87 avg cadence 118 max cadence

How do I feel today? I'm a little tired this morning but I don't feel bad at all. I am up early as I'm heading out to Wading River to do a hills ride with Wynn and his friends. Since I am driving to the hills I'm thinking Wynn is not playing around today. We are looking at around a 3 hour ride this morning.

Great ride today, the weather was just awesome for riding today. I rode with Wynn, Lance and Edwin and we did the typical hills ride through Wading River, Rocky Point and Port Jefferson. I don't think Wynn missed any hills today, we must have ridden every hill in those 3 towns today. It was a tough ride, we took it easier on the flats and pounded the hills. I have to say I was pretty worn out at the end of the ride. We also got over to Oakwood for some repeats. I only got 5 in today, any more than that and I would have been calling my wife for a ride home. No complaints though it was a great ride and I had fun today.

• Calories out: 4390 From lifestyle:2484, From activities:1906
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 8 Overall Workout: 3
Swim
  • 42m 09s
  • 1500.00 meters
  • 02m 49s /100 meters

Indoor Pool
1x500
5x100
1x500
Not enough swimming and too much talking tonight

How do I feel today? Not bad this morning, a little tired as usual but I slept good last night. Luna did not get up until 7 am so she must be getting back to her normal routine. I am planning on swimming at the pool this evening. I will try and get an hour of easy swimming in this evening.

I got a swim in this evening but I didn't do much swimming. I got 500 in and I think maybe another 200 and I saw my friend Rick who was finishing up two lanes over. I didn't even realize he was there swimming. I have not seen him since before he did Mont Tremblant so we wound up talking for 20 or 30 minutes. I was telling him about my IMWI exploits so I got very little swimming done but it was good to see him. He is training for the Panama City, FL 70.3 and is doing the Mighty Man Oly on Sunday. For me I was just trying to get a workout in. I really do need to improve my swimming. I will try to do so over the next 3 months.

Tomorrow I am going on a hills ride with Wynn. I'm in the off season and I think Wynn is in his out season already. I have a feeling this is going to be a long and painful 3 hour hills ride.

• Calories out: 2887 From lifestyle:2556, From activities:331
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 8 Overall Workout: 3
Run
  • 1h 05m 22s
  • 6.24 miles
  • 10m 28s /Mi

60 degrees 86% humidity 0 mph wind

How do I feel today? Not bad a little tired. Luna is really off here schedule she got up last night at around 5 am and my wife got up and took her out. She is taking a bunch of different medication so I think that she has been needing to go out more. She did not really go back to sleep after that and neither did my wife unfortunately. Today I am planning to get a run in this evening at least 5 miles and hoping to actually do a little more maybe 3 loops for 7.5 miles. We'll see how it goes.

I did get my run in this evening, not bad a 6.24 mile run and I ran it at a 10:30 pace which is like 7 mpm for me especially after all the slow, slow running I did during my IM training. I probably pushed too hard tonight but I did not feel bad doing it. I wanted to go longer but it was getting dark and I was getting tired. I am hoping to get a little bit of a longer run on Sunday morning.

• Calories out: 3291 From lifestyle:2554, From activities:737
  • Health data: Sleep: 2 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 7.5 Overall Workout: 4
How do I feel today? I'm tired this morning. Luna got up at 3:30 am and had to go out. She was at the vet yesterday and slept early when she got back. I think she was off her schedule as she did not go out later on last night. So needless to say I didn't sleep well after that. No training today though I will be heading over to Carl Hart bike shop to go check out MTN bikes and hopefully come away with a brand spanking new 29er.

I bought a brand new 29er this evening. I got the Trek X-Caliber 7. I really liked the X-Caliber 8 but my wife would have killed me if I would have bought that one. I think the 7 is going to be more than great for what I am going to be doing. Shannon at Carl Hart took care of me and hooked me up with the right bike and she answered all my questions. It should be in next Wednesday so I am looking forward to having it for the following weekend. I can't wait to get started on it.

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 8
Bike
  • 1h 00m 31s
  • 18.38 miles
  • 18.22 Mi/hr

Indoor on the trainer
18.2 avg speed 19.5 max speed
79 avg cadence 84 max cadence

How do I feel today? Not bad a little tired this morning. Luna was making a lot of noise this morning so we had to let her out of her create a little earlier than we normally would. Not sure what I am doing today. The plan was to go to Carl Hart and get my MTN bike today but Luna has to go to the vet at 6 pm so that means I would have to go get my daughter instead. If that is the case then I will do a ride on the trainer and get the bike tomorrow. If we can get Luna an earlier appointment then I will take a day off and get the MTN bike. We'll see how it plays out today.

What a mess today, so I didn't get to the bike shop. My dog went to the vet but she had to stay longer than expected which meant I had to go get my daughter. Well my daughter wound up coming in on a later train so I could have made it to the bike shop but it was too late by that time to get down there so I will be going tomorrow instead.

I did get a solid hour ride on the trainer. I rode at a moderate to hard pace tonight and I felt good doing it. I just wanted to see how I would feel. I think I am coming around well in my recovery.

• Calories out: 3386 From lifestyle:2564, From activities:821
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 7.5
Swim
  • 53m 42s
  • 1950.00 meters
  • 02m 45s /100 meters

Indoor Pool
1x700
10x50
5x50 fins
2x250

How do I feel today? Not bad, a little tired this morning but I definitely am feeling much better two weeks after the IM. I am starting to come around and I have more energy. Today I am planning to head the pool to swim for an hour. I want to focus on my technique which I need to try and continue to improve. I will take advantage of the time I have now until the end of the year to work on improving that.

I got a swim in at the pool and man there was a little bit of a crowd there this evening. In any case slow and easy swimming trying to focus on my form. I totally suck LOL. Seriously I need to spend the next 8 weeks trying to improve my form. I'm not going to swim hard just try to slowly improve. I have been reading the Edurance Nation 2.0 doc and it is blowing my mind, no swimming in the out season? Really, WOW! I could not imagine myself doing that but I totally understand where the coaches are coming from. I want to finish reading that tonight.

Hope I can get to the LBS to get the MTN bike tomorrow. We'll see, we need to get Luna to the Vet so I'm not sure if I can get there but if not I will go down there on Wednesday.

• Calories out: 3071 From lifestyle:2583, From activities:488
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 7.5 Overall Workout: 3

strikyr's Training Log

September 2013 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30     

Time
Distance
  • July's totals
  • June's totals