Run
  • 36m 22s
  • 5.00 miles
  • 07m 16s /Mi

PR! Not 35 but I did go 3 miles in 20:52. Just couldn't hold on. A great start to the day... stock the local food pantry, salute the troops and run! What cud be better?

Now it's time to cook!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

Blowing off the swim. Don't know if it's more the sore throat or a little lingering depression but I'm just not in the mood to schlep across town. Taking the 3:00 train home instead then I'll help Gail food shop for the Turkey Day festivities, spend some time w/ the boys and start cooking. Might as well enjoy these last few unstructured days anyway!

Slept in, may swim later. Want fresh legs for tomorrow. Shooting for a Turkey Trot PR, 35 minutes. Don't think I can hold 7 min miles for 5. But I'm going for it!

Bike
  • 45m
  • 11.00 miles
  • 14.67 Mi/hr

Drainer

As expected, Gail and the boys are having a tough time w/ putting Jessie down last night. I'm o.k. as I saw it coming and thankfully we had no choice. Still, it's sad. House is quiet w/o her.

R.I.P  Jess Cry 

Long night/day. My 14 yr old yellow lab, Jessie, had siezures yesterday. Took her to the ER and left her overnight. She made it thru the night but we took her over to our vet on a stretcher this morning. She did not look good and I resigned myself to putting her down. No sooner do we get to the vet and she perks up. She still can't stand on her own but it really raised my wife's hopes. We had to leave her for observation and will talk to the vet later. This emotional rollercoaster is very difficult. This is hard.

Run
  • 36m 41s
  • 5.00 miles
  • 07m 20s /Mi

it's good to have a fast training partner. Man, if I ever gave up fried food and booze I might actually be pretty good at this stuff. Ahh, then life w/b boring

off to preview the Turkey Trot course. A few too many last night and I just had KFC for lunch. I'm not optimisitc Embarassed

Bike
  • 2h 58m
  • 38.17 miles
  • -----

New City to Harriman w/ Frank & Jeff from Toga. Chilly 8 am start - 35 degrees, but all in all not too bad. Lots of hills, nice base builder.

Swim
  • 34m
  • 1880.00 yards
  • 01m 49s /100 yards

I didn't forget how to swim!

actually pretty cool, 3 months out of the water and I was able to jump in and swim a mile purely on fitness.

Learned yesterday that Mike Llerandi, my free "coach" (Opentri.com) pulled a 4:06 at Clearwater. 43rd overall and 1st in the 40-44 AG (my AG btw)! Yeah, I'm happy I chose his plan! He usually races (and wins) Harriman. I will definately seek him out this year. He is a stud and, I hear, as nice as he is fast.

Home cooked meal and quality family time won out over the "sales pitch" last night. Pillow won out over the cold and wind this morning. Enjoying the tail end of me offseason :)

rollinbones' Training Log

November 2007 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
     1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 

Time
Distance
  • August's totals
  • July's totals