Run
  • 4h 10m
  • 26.20 miles
  • 09m 32s /Mi
Swim
  • 1h 19m
  • 4224.00 yards
  • 01m 52s /100 yards

Brutal. It POURED rain 11 out of the 12.5 hours. I have the satisfaction of having done it but it was hard to enjoy most of it.

Went down w/ Gail to watch the 11 - 12 pm finishers. Very cool! 

Thanks All.

Swim
  • 20m 24s
  • 1000.00 yards
  • -----

easy swim at 7 am to get the body ready for tomorrow from the hotel beach out to the course buoys and back.

Having such a good time that I picked up a voucher for 2009 :)

Skipped the dinner and meeting last nigh and took the family for a nice quiet dinner out of town at the Hungry Trout.  Great Meal. 

Ready to race!!!

Swim
  • 37m 37s
  • 2120.00 yards
  • 01m 46s /100 yards

1 loop in mirror lake. Water temp is perfect. If I can hold this pace at this affort on sunday I'll be happy

Run
  • 25m 11s
  • 3.00 miles
  • 08m 23s /Mi

moderate effort to test the lungs. Felt good, a little heavy breathing towards the end. With 3 days still to get healthier I'm encouraged. Legs are raring to go!

I'LL BE READY! Goal remains, RUN THE MARATHON!

THIS IS IT! LAKE PLACID BOUND!! Gail and I will pack and run around while the kids are in camp then we'll hit the road.

Thanks for your support and well wishes.

Limited, if any, internet access so if I don't see you there I'll catch you on the other side of Ironman :)

Bike
  • 22m 23s
  • 5.64 miles
  • 15.12 Mi/hr

test ride around the hood to check out the lbs's work. Bike is good to go.

3rd night in a row of 8+ hours sleep, rare for me. Gotta be a good thing. Slept in again to let the meds to thier thing. May do a light run after Matt's hoops tonight.
Picked up the bike last night. They put new brake cables on. another good thing :) Got the tubie spare in place. Kids decided they want a full day in camp tomorrow. so we won't get on the road till 4pm. Not what I preferred but I think they've done enough for me already.

Amoxicillan, singulair and mucinex - your normal taper tri-fecta. I'm bummed I'm need them but happy I got them - hopefully w/ enough time for them to be effective.

Obviously skipping today's swim and bike. Lots of fluid, rest and positve thoughts. Bumming out aint gonna do any good. Llerandi's words (posted and deleted) yesterday sure ring true today:

Try not to overanalyze how you're feeling. Equally great perfomances have been done when feeling great or terrible in the days leading up to an event. Just keep telling yourself that you've prepared well and that you're ready to go for it!

The long and winding road that is the Ironman journey continues.

IRONWEEK :) Stretched, ART later. 30 min run after Matt's Hoops tonight.
I've got to go back to the doctor :( I think I need more antibiotics. My chest is congested AGAIN. Shuda gone yesterday but I was feeling better. Everyone I've talked to today has asked me if I'm sick as they can hear it. I don't feel terrible but I'm just not right. I think I'm in denial.  Damn. this sux.

rollinbones' Training Log

July 2008 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
   1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31  

Time
Distance
  • August's totals
  • July's totals