• -----
  • -----

Power Pacing (Spinning Class)
After my run.

Run
  • 27m
  • -----
  • -----

First run with my new MP3 player, and it was nice enough to run outside today!
Today's run felt tough, I wasn't really into it.
I was looking forward to the run, and felt better after.

Brisk walk to warm up 5 min.
13 minute run (out)
14 minute run (back)
5 min cool down walk
My new shoes seem to make my calves hurt.

I plan to run later today. Outside if the weather is nice enough, otherwise on the treadmill. I bought a MP3 player last night, and loaded some music. Hopefully it makes time pass faster while running and biking. Rough day at work, I will enjoy the run later today..... (Never thought I would say I was looking forward to a run. Does that mean anything?)

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 7.5
Swim
  • 44m
  • 1550.00 meters
  • 02m 50s /100 meters

Nice swim, longer swim sets
W/u
2x50
1x100

Main
Ladder
100, 150, 200, 250, 200, 150, 100

1x100
2x50

I think I finally started falling into a smooth pattern while swimming >100m
Stroke count was 20 per length. Not too bad I don't think, for someone that hasn't really swam in a while.

Woke up refreshed from the extra sleep last night. Although, the high winds, cold temperatures, and snow in the air made it tough to get out of bed. Hey, at least we didn't get the foot of snow they were calling for last night. Kinsmen meeting tonight. There was a meal, chinese food. I ate way too much food. But I was SOOO hungery after swimming.

Rest day today. I might do a spin class, sit in the back and peddle easy for the class. Not sure yet. No spin class for me. Decided I needed to really rest. So it was straight home after work, and asleep before 8pm.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 2 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 7.5
Bike
  • 54m
  • 18.02 miles
  • 20.02 Mi/hr

On excersize bike at Y
diff 6/12

5 min w/u
24 min prog
24 min prog
6 min prog
5 min walk to c/d

Swim
  • 35m
  • 1250.00 meters
  • 02m 48s /100 meters

Speed day:

w/u
1x100, 2x50

1x50 arms with paddles
2x50 legs

Sprints
12x25 @ 45 sec
8x50 @ 1:30

c/d
1x100, 2x50

Sport
  • Volleyball
  • 30m

Bad week at volleyball.
The team we played are not good enough to make it worth while.
Did not really even get warmed up before having won the match.

Better than watching TV I guess.

Start of week 2 of the Olympic 2x balanced training plan. I feel good. Got up early this morning to get the workout in before work as I have to vote tonight after work, before volleyball. Bike, then swim at the Y, back to back. Was tiring during the swim. Calves are still sore from running, but they are starting to feel better today. Went to the LBS today. Bought a bike helmet. Took a look at some bikes. I would like a shiney new one.....

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 4 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3
Run
  • 42m
  • 4.35 miles
  • 09m 39s /Mi

Ran with the running club at the local Running Room store this morning for the first time. This was a challenging pace to hold. Near the end I was starting to fade.

Also walked the dogs for about 45 minutes this afternoon. The weather was beautiful today. Did a lot of maintenance outside. I also tried to setup my borrowed road bike today, and go for a short ride. Man is that going to take some getting used to. It feels SO SMALL, almost fraile, under me. I don't trust it at all. They again, the only peddle bike I have ridden in the last 10 years is my tandem with my wife. I definitally need to get out and spend some time on the bike. I don't think it fits me really. It really feels small. I have the seat at a nice height, but can't figure out how to bring the bars up a bit. The reach to the bars feels a bit short too. Peddling even in the shortest gears feels way FAST.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 2 Fatigue: 3
Rest day. Easy walk with the dogs for 1 hour. Chili cookoff for supper.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Soreness: 2 Fatigue: 3
Bike
  • 1h 20m
  • 23.12 miles
  • 17.34 Mi/hr

5 min w/u
80 min on Technogym bike, random profile, 5/12 difficulty

This was my longest bike ride yet. Still indoor on a excersize bike.
90-100 Cadense

Woke up a bit tired. I went to my uncles last night and borrowed his bike. I get to ride it until I am convinced that I like this tri training enough to buy one. It's a Raleigh 10 speed road bike. Calves are still sore from yesterday. They are just stiff enough to make walking difficult every time I stand after sitting a while. They loosen up after 10-15 steps though.

KRCSWO's Training Log

January 2006 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31    

Time
Distance