1x300
1x250
1x200
1x150
1x100
1x50

200 legs
200 cooldown

Felt pretty good in the swim today. Times don't seem to be improving, but my endurence in the pool definately is.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 4
Bike
  • 15m
  • -----
  • -----

Went for a very short, actual ride outside today.

New tires on the bike feel good, the add-on aerobars seem to make the bike really twitchy. More practice required.

Still didn't get onto the big crank ring. But spent some time in the fastest gear on the small crank ring. Felt good. I think I may finally have the bike setup comfortable. Longer ride scheduled for Friday, weather permitting.

Rest day today. Wife is on afternoons this week, so we won't see each other today. Oh well, happy Valentine's Day everyone!!

Bike
  • 58m
  • 17.27 miles
  • 17.87 Mi/hr

excersize bike at the Y
diff 6/12

Swim
  • 30m
  • 1400.00 meters
  • 02m 08s /100 meters

1x100
stretch
1x100
stretch
1x1000
30 sec rest
1x100 breast
1x100

Tough swim, I was tired and stiff from the weekend. I got loosened up, and felt much better. It helped that I had someone to draft behind that kept a good pace this morning too.

Sport
  • Volleyball
  • 1h 00m

Volleyball league.
We lost tonight. Our first game we played like CRAP!! The next 2 games were really close, but we lost 2 of 3.
We were 1 man short though.

Very tired after cutting wood all weekend. I have been waiting for a weekend that was both nice weather, and frozen so I could get into the bush for more wood. Cut and brought 4 trailer loads home, and stacked it. Might be some work, but I did that for 3 weekends last year, and I have yet to start my furnace this winter. Woodstove is heating the house and garage. Neighbours have heat bills approaching $2000 already this year, mine is negligable. Today marks the start of month 2 of the 20wk 2x Oly program for me. I have enjoyed it so far, and seen some nice improvement. I'm looking forward to ramping up the volume again.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 2 Fatigue: 2
Run
  • 30m
  • 3.11 miles
  • 09m 39s /Mi

snow covered, x-country run, small rolling hills, lots of flats.

Sport
  • Wood Chopping
  • 4h 00m

More wood cutting/stacking

Still on track for the run challenge, and feeling good. More wood to cut later today, but I think I will watch the women's hockey Canada vs Russia game first.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 2
Sport #1
  • Hockey
  • 1h 00m

Pickup Hockey with a friend of mine.
First time playing hockey in at least 2 years.

Sport #2
  • Wood Chopping
  • 5h 00m

Pickup Hockey with a friend of mine.
First time playing hockey in at least 2 years.

Woodcutting/stacking and hockey? This was supposed to be a day off!!

Bike
  • 57m
  • 17.24 miles
  • 18.15 Mi/hr

Excersize bike at the Y
diff 7/12
Tough to maintain cadence at this diff, but I did it. A definite improvement.

This week has been interesting. Seems silly, but it has been tough not going over the times set in my training plan. This is my first lower volume week (every 4th week) of the 2x 20wk plan. However, I do feel rested, fresh and ready to excersize. That is likely the point of it all. Bike ride scheduled for later today. It will likely have to be indoors at the local Y again.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 4
Run
  • 17m
  • 1.86 miles
  • 09m 07s /Mi

My Short run this week.
Outside, on a snow covered trail. It made for interesting footing.

My cold still refuses to go away. I feel a little better again today. But I really wish it would just go away. Short run scheduled for tonight. Wife and dogs may join me again. One really annoying thing is my weight. It is almost getting discouraging. It really isn't changing after 1 month on this training program. I am eating healthy. Not perfect, but an honest effort. I know I am getting fit, run/swim/bike farther, feeling better, tapering in at the waist, but the scale shows little difference. While I know that likely the new excersizes are adding muscle in some areas, it is still frustrating to not really see progress on the scale. I took before pictures. Maybe if I took 1 month pictures and compare they might provide some feelings of progress.

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Stress: 3 Soreness: 4

KRCSWO's Training Log

February 2006 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
    1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28    

Time
Distance