Run
  • 29m
  • 3.11 miles
  • 09m 20s /Mi

Ran with the dogs and the wife tonight.
Nice short run down a trail near our house. It's nice, the dogs don't need to be on leashes.

My legs did hurt a bit, but not that bad really.

The distance is a guess. I'll measure with the car later.

Still a slight discomfort in my lower legs. I don't really know how to describe it. I'm scheduled for a run later today, my wife thinks she might go with me. If so we will likely take the dogs, I'm sure they would enjoy the run. I noticed I had my first "Inspire me" type notes today. I'm not sure when the messages were left, but THANKS! This site is encouraging.

Swim
  • 52m
  • 2400.00 meters
  • 02m 10s /100 meters

2x50
1x100
1x200 legs
1x200 arms with paddles
1x200 arms
1x1500
2x50 breast stroke (slow)

A nice lunch time swim.

Strength
  • 30m

• EXERCISE

Sets
    Min
    reps
    Max
    reps
    Min
    wt.(lb)
    Max
    wt.(lb)
  • ABS - Crunch machine
  • ABS - Crunches
  • ABS - Leg Raises, Flat Bench

Abs workout at the gym.
I am really annoyed with all the new years resolution people. They seem to be hanging in longer than I remember, the gym was REALLY busy. I wanted to do some more, but was tired of waiting for equipment.

Slight pain on the outside of my shins today. This is odd as yesterday was a rest day, and I don't remember noticing it before. It even bothered me while swimming some, I could feel it while I was kicking.

• Health data: Stress: 2 Soreness: 3
Sport
  • Walking
  • 20m

Took the dogs for a short walk at our usual spot.

Rest day. I still feel pretty good, but after trying to bike yesterday, I think the rest day will do me some good. I've decided I really want a GPS unit and a HRM. Sounds like a Garmin in my future, but which one?

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 2 Soreness: 3 Hours slept: 8
Bike
  • 58m
  • 16.85 miles
  • 17.44 Mi/hr

Excersize bike at the Y
10 min diff 7/12
10 min diff 6/12
38 min diff 5/12

Had real trouble maintaining cadence right from the start today. Didn't really feel tired, but my legs just didn't want to spin.

Swim
  • 35m
  • 1200.00 meters
  • 03m 11s /100 meters

2x50
1x100
1x100 legs
1x100 arms with paddles
1x100 legs
1x100 arms with paddles
3x200

Sport
  • Volleyball
  • 50m

Very tough volleyball tonight.
We played one of the best teams in the league, and we were 1 player short. It made for a good workout.

I feel pretty good today for the day after a long run. Very little muscle soreness, it has been reduced to slight stiffness. If this is the result of the cold bath, I will have to keep doing it.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 2 Soreness: 3 Hours slept: 7.5
Run
  • 48m
  • 5.59 miles
  • 08m 35s /Mi

Run this morning with the local Running Room. Raining and miserable. But not a bad run. I really enjoyed running with my MP3 player. I turned the volume down low, could still hear cars, and talk with other runners, but had the distraction of music for the long quiet times.

Tried a cold bath for my legs following the run. I want to see if that helps with the delayed muscle soreness I seem prone to.

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Stress: 4 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 3
Sport
  • Walking
  • 1h 10m

Took dogs for a walk to the beach.
They went swimming in January!!
I felt bad for taking them after that.

Rest Day. Took the dogs for a nice walk to the beach.

• Health data: Sleep: 1 Stress: 4 Soreness: 3
Bike
  • 1h 28m
  • 24.79 miles
  • 16.90 Mi/hr

Excersize bike at the Y.
1:03 at diff 6/12
25m at diff 5/12

I was really struggling to maintain cadence at 90 with about 30min to go in the workout. Had to drop the difficulty. Lungs felt good, heartrate felt good, but legs and knees were starting to get some discomfort.

I don't think squeezing in the extra spin class last night was a good idea. Especially when the spin class was last night, and my workout today had to be in the morning because I have plans tonight. On the plus side, tonight is my one cheat day a month. There is a monthly fish fry at the local conservation club tonight. This has been my only cheat day for the last 4 months. So it is BEER,cheese, baked beans and fried fish (usually perch or walleye) for supper tonight. My goal is to not be hung over Saturday morning, and that might be tough. :) Good thing Saturday is a scheduled rest day.

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Stress: 1 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 6

KRCSWO's Training Log

February 2006 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
    1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28    

Time
Distance