Bike
  • 12m
  • 1.00 miles
  • 5.00 Mi/hr

Easy bike for cool down after run. (Someone was waiting for a treadmill, so I got off it right away and grabbed a bike.)

Run
  • 48m
  • 4.21 miles
  • 11m 24s /Mi

Run on treadmill to makeup for Sunday's missed run.
Negative splits

24 min @ 12 min/mile
22 min @ 11 min/mile
2 min @ 10 min/mile

Felt good, but was really working hard at the end.

Heartrate measured at end
145 BPM

Swim
  • 20m
  • 700.00 meters
  • 02m 52s /100 meters

50 free
50 breast
100 free
8x50 (1xfree, 1xbreast, 10 sec rest)
50 breast
50 free

Sport
  • Volleyball
  • 1h 00m

Good volleyball tonight.
Had a nice workout. Legs were a bit tired from the run to be guarding the net properly though.
We won: 15-4, 15-11, 15-12

Power came on last night just after the Superbowl. Finally. It was out for 2 full days. Friday 10pm to Sunday 10pm. Still feeling like crap. High winds, cold temperatures, and lots of shovelling snow aren't helping. I'll see how I feel this afternoon, and hopefully get in the run that I missed. I did start to feel better so I went to the gym.

Was supposed to run today. Blizzard outside, 2-3 feet of snow, still no power. To top it off, I'm sick. Stuffy nose, cloudy head, achey.....yuck. Hey at least we have a woodstove, so our house is warm. Our neighbours are over here because their house is getting really COLD. So, I guess I will miss my run today. More snow to shovel though, does that count?
Rest Day. We has a blizzard Friday night/Sat morning. We lost power at 10pm Friday night. Still no power. Can I shovel snow on a REST DAY? Or should I make my wife do it? (I'm kidding)
Bike
  • 1h 37m
  • 28.89 miles
  • 17.87 Mi/hr

Bike inside on a excersize bike at the Y.
random course diff 5/12
Cadence 95-105

Well, there is still a bit of discomfort in my legs this morning. However, the good news is that last nights run did not make it any worse. First scheduled run for the run challenge was completed as scheduled. Bad news: my wife has caught a cold, AND I think she is sharing it with me!! How lucky.

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 2 Soreness: 2
Run
  • 29m
  • 3.11 miles
  • 09m 20s /Mi

Ran with the dogs and the wife tonight.
Nice short run down a trail near our house. It's nice, the dogs don't need to be on leashes.

My legs did hurt a bit, but not that bad really.

The distance is a guess. I'll measure with the car later.

Still a slight discomfort in my lower legs. I don't really know how to describe it. I'm scheduled for a run later today, my wife thinks she might go with me. If so we will likely take the dogs, I'm sure they would enjoy the run. I noticed I had my first "Inspire me" type notes today. I'm not sure when the messages were left, but THANKS! This site is encouraging.

Swim
  • 52m
  • 2400.00 meters
  • 02m 10s /100 meters

2x50
1x100
1x200 legs
1x200 arms with paddles
1x200 arms
1x1500
2x50 breast stroke (slow)

A nice lunch time swim.

Strength
  • 30m

• EXERCISE

Sets
    Min
    reps
    Max
    reps
    Min
    wt.(lb)
    Max
    wt.(lb)
  • ABS - Crunch machine
  • ABS - Crunches
  • ABS - Leg Raises, Flat Bench

Abs workout at the gym.
I am really annoyed with all the new years resolution people. They seem to be hanging in longer than I remember, the gym was REALLY busy. I wanted to do some more, but was tired of waiting for equipment.

Slight pain on the outside of my shins today. This is odd as yesterday was a rest day, and I don't remember noticing it before. It even bothered me while swimming some, I could feel it while I was kicking.

• Health data: Stress: 2 Soreness: 3
Sport
  • Walking
  • 20m

Took the dogs for a short walk at our usual spot.

Rest day. I still feel pretty good, but after trying to bike yesterday, I think the rest day will do me some good. I've decided I really want a GPS unit and a HRM. Sounds like a Garmin in my future, but which one?

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 2 Soreness: 3 Hours slept: 8

KRCSWO's Training Log

February 2006 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
    1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28    

Time
Distance