Run last night was late, in the rain, on a dark country backroad. I didn't even take my MP3 player, I just ran and listened to the sounds of the rain. Is it wrong that I enjoyed it so much? I'll likely miss my bike workout today. I might be able to get it done tomorrow morning, but I doubt it. Work is REALLY busy, and I still have to pack for vacation. Saturday I leave for Florida. So for my bike challenge team mates, my stats won't change for a while. Don't worry, I knew about this when I set my goal. Today's ride was not counted, nor are any rides next week. I'll meet my goal when I get back. Keep riding Canucks!!
Run
  • 32m
  • -----
  • -----

Run last night after dark, in the rain, on a back country road.

I enjoyed it way too much!

Swimming with the TI suggestions really lowers my stroke count, and while I am a little slower, it is not by much. But it seems that I tire much quicker swimming this way. Stroke count for 25m down from 18-20 to 14-16. I changed my breathing from every 2-3 strokes, to every stroke. It helped some, but I still feel tired much quicker. My arms and body feel less stressed but I am out of breath much quicker. Is this normal?

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3
Swim
  • 48m
  • -----
  • -----

Swim last night.
More drills, TI work, and swim golf.

Did not count lengths, I was focusing on the drills.

Went to sleep early last night. Woke up feeling somewhat rested this morning. This is good. I was TIRED yesterday. I'm looking forward to my swim later tonight. I want to work on form, and TI type drills some more. TI drills are showing interesting changes in my swim golf game. I leave for Florida in 3 days, but who's counting?

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3
Rest day today. I need it. This was supposed to be a recovery, or easy week according to my plan. I decided to repeat last weeks schedule, and move the easy week to next week when I will be on vacation. It seemed like the right thing to do, however time will tell as the week moves on.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 2
Bike
  • 1h 10m
  • 19.67 miles
  • 16.86 Mi/hr

Technogym bike at Y
lvl 7/12 random

Swim
  • 35m
  • -----
  • -----

Lost count on lengths swimming today.
I was pretty tired, so I took it easy.
I was concentrating on form.
Catchup drills
Reaching drills
Balance
Bi-Lateral Breathing

Sport
  • Volleyball
  • 1h 00m

Volleyball league night.
This was the Fun night before playoffs start.
We are 3-4. Not the greatest, but a couple of losses came with us playing short handed, and they were still close games. If our players manage to come out, we should do well in the playoffs I think.

Tough bike ride this morning. My legs were tired following yesterday. (my first 10k race) I really had to work hard at it. Swim after work today hopefully, and volleyball later tonight. Hope I can still jump by that time!

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 2
Run
  • 58m 30s
  • 6.21 miles
  • 09m 25s /Mi

First 10k race.
Just a local club race.

My first 10k race is complete. 58:30 I don't think that is bad at all. It was 2 laps of a 5k course. Footing was really icey for 1.5k of each lap. It did slow everyone down. I'm happy with the result. A good feeling.

• RACE DAY: Running Room Sarnia 10k
Sport
  • Walking
  • 2h 30m

Took the dogs for 2 walks.
One through some local trails, the other at the beach.
Beautiful day outside.

Walked the dogs a bit today to stretch my legs. Beautiful day for it. My first 10k race is tomorrow morning. I'm a bit nervous, and still a bit sore from running.

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3

KRCSWO's Training Log

March 2006 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
    1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31 

Time
Distance