Swim
  • 1h 10m
  • 3500.00 meters
  • 02m /100 meters

1500 f (25:00) new PR !
50 kick easy
100 b easy
1 min rest
1500 f (26:50) still faster than previous PR !
50 kick easy
100 b
200 f easy

I feel good after yesterday's bike ride. Woke up to 2" of snow on the ground. Might be a while before I get out on the bike again. Swim scheduled for later today. ** Long swim today. Did 2 x 1500m free with some other easy laps. I don't know where the fast swimmers came from but there were lots. I was really pushed by the other swimmers in my lane, and the lane beside me. The result was a new PR for 1500m of 25 min flat. I didn't really believe it. Thought I must have lost count. Took a few minutes swimming easy to recover, and did another 1500 in 26:50. But I could feel I was tired past the 1/2 way point of the 2nd 1500. Still, all in all a great swim!

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3
Bike
  • 2h 00m
  • 29.13 miles
  • 14.56 Mi/hr

2hr bike ride
AMSS - OilHeritage - Fisher - Egermont - Waterworks - Michigan - AMSS

Headwind was a bitch on the way back by the lake. But hey, I made it back before it started snowing!

This was a scheduled rest day. I'm going to try to go for a bike ride this afternoon though. ** I got out for my bike ride. It was cold and windy. Strong headwind on the way back. But I survived my first 2hr bike ride. And I made it back to my truck just as it started snowing!! Great timing.

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3
Swim
  • 45m
  • -----
  • -----

Drills and sprints tonight.

Sport
  • Volleyball
  • 1h 00m

Volleyball final tonight.
We won 15-8, 15-11
That's it until September.

Good day today. I feel good after yesterday's run. I put off biking today. I plan on trying to ride with the local cycling club tomorrow for their usual weeknight group ride instead of using it as a rest day. We'll see how I make out. I hope I don't slow them down too much.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3
Run
  • 1h 04m
  • 7.46 miles
  • 08m 35s /Mi

Run with the Running Room in Sarnia this morning.
Negative split by 30 sec.
Nice run.

The hour run this morning felt good. I didn't take the dogs. Maybe should have. I'll walk them later today. I managed to negative split approx 12k by just over 30 secs. for a total of 64 minutes. I'm happy with that. Cycling club starts weeknight rides that I might actually be able to make this week. So I might put off Monday's ride, to ride Tues night with the club. This takes away a rest day though...... we'll see.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 2
Rest day today. I fixed the flat tires on my bikes this morning. And I installed a regulator on the air compressor in my garage to make inflating tires to the exact PSI easy. Other than that, just working around the house and yard. Spring is almost here.
Run
  • 34m 35s
  • -----
  • -----

Run from home to mandaumin and back. Windy.

Well, yesterday was a rough day. Scheduled a 2hr road bike ride. Lasted 10minutes - blew the rear tire. No spare. Started walking home. Got passed by another cyclist. (salt in the wound) A pickup truck did stop and give me a ride home a few minutes later. Got home, traded my road bike for my Mountain Bike - and went to a local conservation area with my bike and my dogs. Time for some hill work, short sprints and sand/mud for strength work. It lasted 20 minutes before a flat front tire. Again no spare. Back home I go. Decided to go into the Y for a spin class to burn off some frustration, and still get a bike workout. On my way into my bike workout, the cyclist that passed me earlier was walking his bike. I offered him a ride. He had blown his rear tire. He seems like a nice guy, we exchanged numbers, and may try to ride together soon. We are both training for the same A race this year. But I am not sure I am able to ride at his speed yet. We'll see. Spin workout was fun, and tough. I should add spin classes back into my routine. Today is a short run day. I'll likely take the dogs somewhere right after work if it's not raining. My monthly fish fry is tonight. So beer, euchre, and fish for supper! The one time each month I actually drink a couple beers. (Alright, second time this month. I had a few in Florida on vacation.)

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 2 Soreness: 3
Bike
  • 1h 30m
  • -----
  • -----

So much for biking outside.
Got in 10 minutes on my road bike - blew the rear tire.

Walked home, got mtb.

Went to local conservation area, rode mtb for 20 min - flat front tire.

Gave up and went to 1hr spin class at the Y.

Swim
  • 24m
  • 1350.00 meters
  • 01m 47s /100 meters

1300 free (no breaks)
50 breast cd

Made up my swim this morning. Felt pretty good. I might switch today's run and tomorrow's bike ride. The weather is supposed to be nice today, but cold and crappy tomorrow. Plus I'm not sure I have time for a 2hr ride in Friday's schedule. We'll see later today.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3

KRCSWO's Training Log

April 2006 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Time
Distance