Scheduled rest day.

I'm hoping to schedule my bike fit with the bikeshop today.  I can hopefully get my bike Sat or Sun.
It's supposed to be a great weekend.  I'd like to get a chance to ride the bike this weekend as it is now less than a month until my first race.

Update: Bike fit scheduled for Saturday at 3pm !

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 5.5
Bike
  • 30m
  • -----
  • -----

Recovery
Very Easy
Easy spin for 30' in small chain ring.

Run
  • 50m
  • 5.20 miles
  • 09m 37s /Mi

Z2 run

What a misty, rainy miserable morning to wake up to.
Ahh......spring is definitely here.

Today should be the day I hear from the bike shop about my P2C.  If not then it is late again.
2:40pm update:  NO PHONE CALL YET

4pm update: I finally heard from the bike shop.  They have my P2C.  They are going to try to build it tonight and call me tomorrow to schedule a fit over the weekend.   Woohoo!!

Workout tonight was run before bike.  I modified the run from a TT to a Z2 run as I have a 10 mile race on monday and I want to be somewhat tapered.   I did the bike after the run tonight.  Spinning the legs felt good after the run.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 5.5
Swim
  • 40m
  • 1828.80 meters
  • -----

LT
WU: 400 swim then 6x50 on 15" rest.
MS: 10x100 @T-pace +3". Your rest is 15".
CD: 300 easy.

I'm expecting a call today or tomorrow to tell me that my new bike has arrived at the bike shop.
Talk about anxious for the phone call.   NO PHONE CALL TODAY  Frown

Last night some friends of mine asked if I wanted to IM Wisconsin 2008 with them.  They are thinking about signing up.  They have done IM Canada before, but want to do one that is closer to home.  I don't know what's crazier:  The fact that they asked me or the fact I am thinking about it.  That would require a very dedicated 5 month training program starting in April 08.   Hmmm........  I guess I don't have to decide until September.  It's still something to think about.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 7.5
Bike
  • 1h 05m
  • -----
  • -----

Spin class at the Y

Run
  • 20m
  • -----
  • -----

Treadmill at Y
6x30 second strides to 5k pace

Z2 at lvl 7
strides at lvl 10-11

Taught a Smart Serve course to 15 volunteers that are going to be bartending for my service club at our local summer festivals.  A nice reminder of the rules, and some energetic new volunteers!  It was a good night.   (Other than the storms, hail and tornadoes)

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 7
Swim
  • 1h 00m
  • 2560.32 meters
  • -----

Swim TT
Assess Fitness
WU: 500 warm up (wu). 8 x 50 on 15 sec rest.
MS: 1000 yd TT (time trial) for time. After TT - swim a very easy 100. After easy swim -3x200 at the same effort at the TT - on 15" rest.
CD: 200

Your TT time for the 1,000 is divided by 10, to get your avg. pace. This pace is now known as your T-Pace.

Back to work after a nice little get away.

1000m TT time = 15:50 or 1:35/100m

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 8.5
Bike
  • 1h 00m
  • -----
  • -----

Z2 MTB with dogs in trailer.

Sport
  • Hiking
  • 1h 00m

Hiking the trails with the dogs.

We only were away from the chickens for 2 days, but I swear when we got home they had gotten a LOT bigger.  I was really surprised.  They are drinking a LOT of water now.  I think we need another waterer.  I'll likely get one today.

Bike
  • 3h 00m
  • -----
  • -----

Z2-Z3 MTB ride pulling the dogs.

Sport
  • Hiking
  • 1h 30m

Hiking through the trails with the dogs.

Camping at the Pinery.
The weather was cool, but hey it wasn't raining!

Here's a picture of what I mean by pulling the dogs in the trailer.  The dogs + trailer = 140lbs.
It makes hill climbs really fun!

Pulling the dogs in the trailer 

Check out my album for other pictures from the weekend.

KRCSWO's Training Log

May 2007 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
   1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31  

Time
Distance