Swim
  • 20m
  • 500.00 meters
  • 04m /100 meters

Put on the new wetsuit and went for a swim in the lake. Just a couple of quick bursts to speed with some practice sighting etc. The suit adds a lot of bouyance. It doesn't seem to affect my stroke much, maybe a bit on the off-breathing side. It certainly takes the cold away. I felt like a tool though putting on a wetsuit and going swimming in front of a beach full of teenagers tanning. Oh well, I think it will work well.

I had some trouble waking up this morning.  Guess I spent too much time outside on the weekend.

I finally started with painting the sailboat.  Almost have the boat primered.  I ran out of paint.  It was really frustrating as it was late Saturday, and the local marine store was closed so I had to wait for today to get more.

Goal for the week, short tempo workouts and open water swims in preparation for my first tri of the season this coming Sunday.  Hopefully the first OWS happens later today, weather permitting.

Called the LBS today regarding my saddle being uncomfortable.  They have a suggested saddle to try next, I'm going to try to get down there one night this week or maybe Saturday morning to test a different saddle.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 7.5
Run
  • 27m
  • 3.11 miles
  • 08m 41s /Mi

Short tempo run with the dogs.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 6
Swim
  • 25m
  • 1400.00 meters
  • 01m 47s /100 meters

300 WU
6x50 free (10 second rest)
6x100 free (20 second rest)
200 CD

Got the grass cut today and actually started painting the sailboat.  Almost have the boat primed.

I went to my sister-in-law's graduation from the local college this afternoon, followed by a family BBQ and then we went out to party.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 7
Bike
  • 25m
  • -----
  • -----

Trainer ride

First ride in my tri suit.
The padding is not quite as nice as my bike shorts, but I think I should be able to ride a sprint distance, but an Oly might be questionable.

Run
  • 27m
  • -----
  • -----

Brick run

Slight problem with the run. Left ankle pain happened about 1/2 way through the ride. Sudden sharp pain. It stayed for a few minutes, but after walking it off I finished the run.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 6

UNSCHEDULED DAY OFF.  I had to teach a course tonight, and got tied up with work and a few little things around home before hand.  Then when I got back home we had company.  No workout for me. 

I got my wetsuit this week.  I tried it on yesterday and thought there were some serious fit issues.  Mainly the wrists seemed loose.  That seemed so odd.

I called and talked to the store I bought it from about the issue.  They too thought it was odd, but were obviously willing to help me into a suit that would fit properly.  After our discussion I decided to try the suit on again this morning to take a closer look at the fit, specifically the questions the shop was asking regarding fit.  They seemed certain that I wasn't pulling the sleeves up high enough, but I didn't have any air gap between the suit and my underarms so I didn't think this was possible.

Sure enough, I got the suit on, no airgaps under the arms and wrists were loose.  But the wrists were farther down my arms than the store said they should be.  I pulled the arms up farther, working the wrinkles up the arms until they were at the shoulder armpit area of the suit.  Now the wrists were snug, but I had wrinkles at the shoulders.  I was about to take the suit off and admit it didn't fit, but decided to mimic a swimming motion for a few strokes and the shoulder wrinkles disappeared.  I actually think this suit might fit properly after all.  I kinda feel dumb about yesterday though.

The material of this suit is so soft and flexible compared to any other suit I have had on, I think it is even more important to get the suit on the body correctly.   It's not as obvious when it is on wrong.

Oh well, live and learn.

• Calories: 1246 From fat:240.81 (28.01g, 19.33%), From Carbs:834.75 (218.49g, 66.99%), Protein:170.44 (44.61g, 13.68%)
Swim
  • 30m
  • 1500.00 meters
  • 02m /100 meters

500 WU
500 free with paddles
500 cd

Sport
  • Sailing
  • 2h 00m

poor race tonight. Conditions were perfect, we just couldn't find the speed. I'm not sure where we finished, but it wasn't pretty. Hey, at least we didn't rip any sails.

Beautiful sunny day, not a cloud in the sky.
Light breeze blowing.

Should be an AWESOME night for sailboat racing!

• Calories: 482 From fat:54.45 (6.47g, 11.3%), From Carbs:353.44 (94.51g, 73.33%), Protein:74.11 (19.82g, 15.38%)
Bike
  • 1h 00m
  • 10.00 miles
  • 10.00 Mi/hr

10 mile MTB bike ride with the dogs in the trailer. Fastest AVG speed with dogs in trailer yet.

KRCSWO's Training Log

June 2007 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
      1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Time
Distance