More work on the sailboat.  I have the first coat of the hull color, sea green, on the boat now.  I have to go pickup me new rub rail and stainless bolts as they are supposedly in finally.

The final green color looks good, but doesn't seem to coat that well.  I hope the second coat really improves it.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 6.5
Sport
  • Sailing
  • 2h 30m

Wed night sailing.
We won our class again finally.
Really good upwind speed today, something we have been missing the last few weeks. This might have been due to a little more rail meat this week. Then, unfortunately downwind speed was slow this week. I think this was due to our foredeck people not paying attention while flying the spinnaker.

Woke up with a bit of a sore throat this morning.  I hope this is from breathing hay dust yesterday, and not the start of a cold.  After I was up for a bit, and had a glass of water it felt better.

On the positive side, it looks like it will be a beautiful day for sailboat racing tonight!! 

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 6.5
Sport
  • Yard Work
  • 1h 30m

Put hay in the barn at Dad's place and a few other odd jobs for him.

My legs are just a bit sore today.  I'm glad I didn't go for the short run I was debating last night.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 7
Bike
  • 15m
  • -----
  • -----

Slow easy MTB ride just for an excuse to spin the legs a bit.

Swim
  • 20m
  • -----
  • -----

Slow easy swim at the Y.

Woke up before my alarm today, so I can't be that tired.  I'm not really sore either.  I can tell I worked hard yesterday, but nothing too bad.  I've hurt worse after hard training days.  Hopefully a swim tonight will help loosen up the few kinks I do have.

Race report is up:  Leamington Tomatoman Triathlon

A friend of mine won her AG at the Muskoka long course tri yesterday!!  I haven't had a chance to talk to her yet to find out if she accepted one of the IM slots or not.  She's been training really hard, and it has paid off!

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 7
Bike
  • 37m 11s
  • 12.43 miles
  • 20.05 Mi/hr

Great bike segment to the race. The new P2C's first race and I can say is it's awesome!!

Run
  • 24m 58s
  • 3.11 miles
  • 08m 02s /Mi

This was a really good run for me, but it has become clear that I race to T2 and try to survive the run. I need to work on my running.

Swim
  • 13m 54s
  • 750.00 meters
  • 01m 51s /100 meters

Not a bad swim for me. I am 12-15 seconds/100m faster in the pool without a wetsuit, than I am in OW with a wetsuit. If I could only figure out why?

I competed in the Leamington Tomatoman Triathlon today.  (750m / 20k / 5k  sprint tri)

It was a beautiful day, and an awesome day for me.  Pictures are in my album, race report will follow shortly.  I set a new PB for the sprint distance by improving in all 3 disciplines.  AG 4/9  Overall 27/125  I was on a high for the rest of the day!!

Don't forget to congratulate Mamamia1 as she completed this race as her first triathlon!!  She was smiling and waving whenever I saw her on the course, and was still smiling at the end, so I think she had a good day.

Looks like a nice morning.

As soon as the dew burns off, it's time to start working on the sailboat again.

I got 2 coats of paint on the deck, and cabin of the sailboat.  I also got 2 coats of paint in place for the waterline and cove stripes.   After it was dry I masked the stripes.

I also cut the grass, and weed eated the ditch and area around the edge of the property.

Then as a break, the wife and I took the dogs to the beach.  Some jogging and strides on the beach with the dogs.  I didn't swim, but the dogs did.

I washed my bike, cleaned and lubed the chain when we got back from the beach.
I also loaded my tri bag for tomorrow's race, and went over it's contents multiple times.
I'm scared that I might forget something for this first race of the year.  Everything is loaded in the car now.  It's almost time to call it a night.  Nothing left but the anticipation!!

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 7.5
Bike
  • 1h 00m
  • -----
  • -----

Trainer ride at the LBS trying out a new saddle. I think I found a saddle that might work. Tough to tell on the trainer. Profile Carbon Stryke will hopefully stop the problems.

Today I go to the bike shop after work to attempt to find a saddle that I can stay in for more than 1.5 hours.  I hope I can solve this issue today.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 6

KRCSWO's Training Log

June 2007 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
      1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Time
Distance