Run
  • 1h 02m 45s
  • 6.84 miles
  • 09m 10s /Mi
Swim
  • 26m 58s
  • 1500.00 meters
  • 01m 48s /100 meters

Well, I have now done an Olympic Triathalon!!
It was a perfect day, and a great race.
I finished in 2:37ish.   This is well under my goal time of 2:50.  Final results are not yet posted.

I am more fatigued this afternoon after the race than I remember being in a long time.  All I want to do is drink and sleep.  I'm trying to get up the energy to take the dogs to the beach.

I'll upload pictures and complete a race report tomorrow sometime.

Update:  Official Time: 2:37:13
3rd in my AG Clyde M < 40   !!
62/165 overall

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 1 Hours slept: 8

Lots of work around the yard:
-mounted the new awning on the camping trailer
-new layer of fibreglass on the boat rudder
-patch the keel bolt area on the sailboat
-paint eves on the garage

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 8

Well, I finally decided that I am going to race the OLY I was debating on Sunday, so I registered today.  This will be last race for at least a month, maybe more as I won't get much training time in after this weekend for the next few weeks.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 7

More work on the sailboat.  I have the first coat of the hull color, sea green, on the boat now.  I have to go pickup me new rub rail and stainless bolts as they are supposedly in finally.

The final green color looks good, but doesn't seem to coat that well.  I hope the second coat really improves it.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 6.5
Sport
  • Sailing
  • 2h 30m

Wed night sailing.
We won our class again finally.
Really good upwind speed today, something we have been missing the last few weeks. This might have been due to a little more rail meat this week. Then, unfortunately downwind speed was slow this week. I think this was due to our foredeck people not paying attention while flying the spinnaker.

Woke up with a bit of a sore throat this morning.  I hope this is from breathing hay dust yesterday, and not the start of a cold.  After I was up for a bit, and had a glass of water it felt better.

On the positive side, it looks like it will be a beautiful day for sailboat racing tonight!! 

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 6.5
Sport
  • Yard Work
  • 1h 30m

Put hay in the barn at Dad's place and a few other odd jobs for him.

My legs are just a bit sore today.  I'm glad I didn't go for the short run I was debating last night.

Bike
  • 15m
  • -----
  • -----

Slow easy MTB ride just for an excuse to spin the legs a bit.

Swim
  • 20m
  • -----
  • -----

Slow easy swim at the Y.

Woke up before my alarm today, so I can't be that tired.  I'm not really sore either.  I can tell I worked hard yesterday, but nothing too bad.  I've hurt worse after hard training days.  Hopefully a swim tonight will help loosen up the few kinks I do have.

Race report is up:  Leamington Tomatoman Triathlon

A friend of mine won her AG at the Muskoka long course tri yesterday!!  I haven't had a chance to talk to her yet to find out if she accepted one of the IM slots or not.  She's been training really hard, and it has paid off!

KRCSWO's Training Log

June 2007 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
      1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Time
Distance