• Crossfit
  • 20m

"Cindy"
Complete as many rounds in 20 minutes as you can of:
5 Pull-ups
10 Push-ups
15 Squats

15 rounds  

I have a little MTBing planned with a group of guys on July 4th up at China Camp.  Fun, fun!  A new guy has been invited, and this will be his first time off road.  Should make for an interesting day, although given my current bike base I suspect that our typical one lap around CC will seem very lame.  If you're new to mtbing, one lap through CC can seem like a lot, but generally I find it to be an easy course.  China Camp is as good a place as any to start out, though. 

Speaking of mtb courses, I forgot how freaking steep and how hot Russian Ridge happens to be in the afternoon.  My quads were screaming by the time I reached the top yesterday afternoon. 

Bike
  • -----
  • 11.04 miles
  • -----
Run
  • 16m 02s
  • 1.75 miles
  • 09m 10s /Mi
Sport #1
  • Mountain Bike
  • 1h 37m 14s
Sport #2
  • Stretching
  • 10m

2003ft elevation climbed @ Monte Bello and Russian Ridge Preserves. 

After last weekend's century I decided to go ahead and replace my front tire as well, despite the fact that it had a lot of rubber left on it.  I figured that I was probably very lucky to get 3,000 on a set, and the new guy at Cycle Path looked very surprised when I told him that - almost in disbelief, really.  FWIW, it looked corny to have two different tires, but I liked how supple the new rear tire felt during the ride that I felt it was worth it to change out the front as well.  I just installed the new tires after bringing my bike home from Cycle Path.  I'm gratefull that Gebhardt has yet to charge me one single dime to work on my bike. 

Happy to say that I have not felt one ounce of soreness from Tuesday's swim.  I felt like I had the physical strength and stamina to swim much longer, but the reality is that from a basic coordination and skill in the water aspect, I was pretty much lacking.  I think that just getting the coordination down is a big part of it.  I got a little winded, but not nearly as bad as I thought I would.

Run
      • 27m 03s
      • 3.00 miles
      • 09m 01s /Mi
      Strength
      • 40m

Leg Press: 3x10x230
      Leg Curls: 3x10x60
      Calf Press: 3x25x75
      Incl Situps: 4x30
      Deadlifts: 10x85; 2x10x95
      DB BP: 3x10x40s
      DB Upright Rows: 3x10x20s
      Curls: 3x12x40
      Tricep Push Downs: 3x10x45

Sport
      • Crossfit
      • 08m

Back Squat 5-5-5-5-5 reps
      95-105-115-120-125 

I've decided to ease up a bit on the road bike for the next two weeks, and dust off the mtn bike for some different scenery.  First, my bottom bracket is making a funny noise, so I need to take it to Gebhardt today & have it checked out.  Thus far, I've put over 3,000 miles on my bike since I bought it in September, so it could require some standard maintenance.  Second, I'm starting to feel a little burned-out with regard to repeatedly riding my own stomping grounds.  Last Saturday's century basically entailed riding about 90% of the routes I typically ride, it's just that the route was pieced together differently, and in a different order.  But, in the end, it was mostly the same scenery.  Lesson learned.  I will not ride another century that involves my home turf.  From a mental aspect, it was a tougher century than the Sequoia for that reason alone because I found myself thoroughly bored.  Oddly, I enjoy - ah, prefer - the element of surprise when it comes to long distance events because the freshness of the course in my own mind bodes well for me, and I do prefer the challenge of not knowing.  Third, mentally, I need to do something else!   

Without a doubt, the Sequoia was the physically toughest of the two events.  Although, 9 mile climb up Tunitas Crk Road last Saturday certainly didn't feel any easier than the 8 mile climb up the much steeper E. Zyante Rd in Santa Cruz County 3 weeks ago. 

Dropped off the bike at Cycle Path.

Swim
      • -----
      • 500.00 meters
      • -----

Don't fall out of your chair, or anything...

Not so bad - I guess - since the last time I participated in lap swimming was 1991. Of course, we arrive at the pool and they don't have change for a $20 bill, and no one had the key to the safe. What kind of establishment is this?

Rest Day

I may put my mountain bike back craigslist.  Not sure why this urge is suddenly hitting me again. Last fall, I had it listed on craigslist, but I got some really bizarre responses from people, and removed the ad because I didn't want to deal with anymore weirdos.  One guy even chewed me out over the price, which I clearly stated was negotiable, but it also doesn't mean I will give it away, either.  Anyway, I look at how much I've ridden it this year compared to my road bike, and I realize it's probably not worth it to keep it hanging around.

Run
      • 12m
      • 1.25 miles
      • 09m 36s /Mi

Um, ok...so, swimming was on the agenda today. We arrived at the pool at 4:30PM for the regularly scheduled lap swim, but it was closed, and the sign read "Sunday lap swim @ 6:30PM on 6/25." So, we went home and returned at 6:30PM, only to find out that no one had the key to the pool, and the pool manager was on vacation. I wonder how it is that the swim meet that was taking place during normal lap hours had a key? Anyway, we tried...

betyoursilver's Training Log

July 2006 
        SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
        2 3 4 5 6 7 8
        9 10 11 12 13 14 15
        16 17 18 19 20 21 22
        23 24 25 26 27 28 29
        30 31     

Time
        Distance
        • April's totals
        • March's totals