The following equipment is nearing replacement:

Rest Day.

My accounting prof has moved our final exam up two weeks, which means that studying for it and staying current with my two other graduate-level courses (one of which will have its exam the following week & 1/2) will interfere with the Marin Century, particularly since my mind becomes very focused and single-tracked during finals.  It's tough for me to conceive of doing anything other than studying.    The good thing is that I finish the class much earlier.  I'm undecided on whether I'll ride the MC at this point.  How many centuries do I need to ride, anyways?   It's only a century, and I know I can ride 104 miles.  Besides, I'm considering taking a little road trip down to San Diego in the last week of August for some RNR, so I'd rather save the entry fees for something else.

When we were out riding yesterday on this single track trail, I was riding behind Tim and I could see far enough ahead to notice this huge swarm of what appeared to be flies or gnats.  It was difficult to discern while riding on a bumpy trail and from a distance.  It wasn't until we were IN the swarm that we realized it was an enormous swarm of bees - as I'm being pelted in the face by bees and praying I don't get stung.  Thankfully, they were only those European honey bees and no one got stung - otherwise that wouldn't have been so funny.

Bike
  • -----
  • 10.40 miles
  • -----
Run
  • 11m 21s
  • 1.25 miles
  • 09m 05s /Mi
Sport
  • Mountain Bike
  • 1h 35m 32s

2,027 ft elevation

A VERY social bike ride, with lots of regroups and BSing.  *cough, cough*.... painfully slow.  The sad part is that we were leapfrogging with hikers, and several mtb'ers lapped us.  Next weekend, I'm showing up early and riding this route alone at my own pace - before the others show-up.

Run
  • 14m 02s
  • 1.50 miles
  • 09m 22s /Mi

Bike
  • 2h 03m 04s
  • 34.06 miles
  • 16.61 Mi/hr

Easy ride. Legs a little sore from the mtn bike ride.

Run
  • 11m 01s
  • 1.25 miles
  • 08m 49s /Mi
Sport
  • Stretching
  • 10m

Sport
  • Crossfit
  • 20m

"Cindy"
Complete as many rounds in 20 minutes as you can of:
5 Pull-ups
10 Push-ups
15 Squats

15 rounds  

I have a little MTBing planned with a group of guys on July 4th up at China Camp.  Fun, fun!  A new guy has been invited, and this will be his first time off road.  Should make for an interesting day, although given my current bike base I suspect that our typical one lap around CC will seem very lame.  If you're new to mtbing, one lap through CC can seem like a lot, but generally I find it to be an easy course.  China Camp is as good a place as any to start out, though. 

Speaking of mtb courses, I forgot how freaking steep and how hot Russian Ridge happens to be in the afternoon.  My quads were screaming by the time I reached the top yesterday afternoon. 

Bike
  • -----
  • 11.04 miles
  • -----
Run
  • 16m 02s
  • 1.75 miles
  • 09m 10s /Mi
Sport #1
  • Mountain Bike
  • 1h 37m 14s
Sport #2
  • Stretching
  • 10m

2003ft elevation climbed @ Monte Bello and Russian Ridge Preserves. 

After last weekend's century I decided to go ahead and replace my front tire as well, despite the fact that it had a lot of rubber left on it.  I figured that I was probably very lucky to get 3,000 on a set, and the new guy at Cycle Path looked very surprised when I told him that - almost in disbelief, really.  FWIW, it looked corny to have two different tires, but I liked how supple the new rear tire felt during the ride that I felt it was worth it to change out the front as well.  I just installed the new tires after bringing my bike home from Cycle Path.  I'm gratefull that Gebhardt has yet to charge me one single dime to work on my bike. 

Happy to say that I have not felt one ounce of soreness from Tuesday's swim.  I felt like I had the physical strength and stamina to swim much longer, but the reality is that from a basic coordination and skill in the water aspect, I was pretty much lacking.  I think that just getting the coordination down is a big part of it.  I got a little winded, but not nearly as bad as I thought I would.

betyoursilver's Training Log

July 2006 
      SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
      2 3 4 5 6 7 8
      9 10 11 12 13 14 15
      16 17 18 19 20 21 22
      23 24 25 26 27 28 29
      30 31     

Time
      Distance
      • April's totals
      • March's totals