The following equipment is nearing replacement:
Bike
  • -----
  • 14.48 miles
  • -----
Sport
  • Mountain Bike
  • 1h 42m 43s

Went on a bike tour of Eureka; perused old town, went out to the park, etc.

Bike
  • -----
  • 12.00 miles
  • -----
Sport
  • Mountain Bike
  • 3h 30m
Spencer Meadow - Mt Lassen:  This was the most physically demanding mtn bike ride I've done in a long time.  To say that it was rustic and remote is an understatement.  The trail was located next to the Mt Lassen volcano, so there was a lot of ash in the dirt and it was extremely difficult to get any traction on the uphill portion of the ride.  We walked the bikes uphill a lot.  At one point, I even let some of the air out of my tires in hopes that I'd get better traction.  It helped a little, but not entirely.  The soil was so soft that as I was pedalling, the back tire would sink down into it, just as though the tire were cutting through butter.  I counted a total of 16 different trees that had fallen across the trail - some of which were waist-high.  So, we had to dismount the bikes, and carry them over the large fallen trees.  The rock gardens on the trail were nearly impassable in some places, especially on the uphill, but if my mtn bike skills had been sharpened a little more this year, many of the rock gardens would not have presented a problem.  It was clear that the Forest Service was trying to make this a hiking trail and horse back riding trail, but I'd question whether it's truly a great mtb trail.   There were some great views, though, and the scenery was definately a nice change of pace.  I wouldn't ride this trail alone.  We saw two small bear cubs, but didn't wait around long enough to see if mama bear was nearby. 

Swim
  • 30m
  • -----
  • -----

ows Black Butte Lake

Swim
  • 30m
  • -----
  • -----

ows Black Butte Lake

Swim
  • 40m
  • -----
  • -----

Bike
  • 1h 48m 49s
  • 28.03 miles
  • 15.46 Mi/hr

2,647 ft elevation

http://www.paloaltoonline.com/news/show_story.php?id=3491

Maybe the residents of the exclusive uber wealthy billionaire enclave of Woodside, Ca need to dig a moat around Woodside, populate it with alligators, and install huge gates at the entrance to their town - keeping us menacing bikers at-bay.  This is the same town where they'll allow people to ride horses all over the place, they're ok with the fact that there's horse shit all over their streets and Woodside generally smells like a giant pile of horse manure (since they're the only community rich enough in the bay area to own horses - lots of horses), but they've got their tits in a wringer over cyclists?  

Bike
  • 1h 01m 45s
  • 16.12 miles
  • 15.66 Mi/hr

Easy ride this AM.

betyoursilver's Training Log

August 2006 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
   1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26