• CHEST - Incline BB
  • LEGS - Straight leg deadlifts
  • SHOULDERS - Shoulder Press - Machine
  • TRICEPS - Skull crushers

Pullups: dead hang (2x10x126lbs)
Incline Situps
No calf presses, per PT
No legs today for obvious reasons

Elevation profile for today's hillclimb:  Cummulative elevation 2,621 ft; Official Time:  58:44

Don't have my official time yet, but I wanted a sub 1 hour time, and I think I got it!  My Garmin says 1:00:43, but I started the timer early and forgot to shut it off when I crossed the finish line.  This race was a mass start - my first.  Anyway, we started off nicely on the 4 mile flat stretch.  I decided early on that I wanted to stay in the peloton, and I'm proud to say that I held my own and accomplished just that.  On two occasions, I quickly glanced down at my Cateye and we were cruising at 28.6 MPH, and my Cateye is tellin' me that somewhere out on that flat stretch we were pushing 33 MPH.  It was insane!  I got really into it, and had a blast!  Gradually, I found myself moving up through the peloton, which was a complete rush - going that fast with all of these people.   Unfortunately, the group that started before us experienced a huge pile-up (mangled bikes, injured riders, etc), and as my group rounded a blind turn and happened upon the crash, it was break-city for us because a dipshit Park Ranger parked his patrol car in the middle of the street, despite the fact that the riders and bikes were already cleared off the road, which nearly caused another massive pile-up as the riders in my group tried to avoid hitting the back of the patrol car. 

The 7 sisters kicked my ass.  The 7th sister is a bitch.  Enough said.

Some dork came to the start line with a Zipp disk wheel, and he was laughed at profusely.  A disk is useless on a hill climb. FWIW:  he didn't climb very well with that wheel on his bike, nor did he leave the peloton in the dust on the flat.  Save the disk for a flat TT, dude.

Bike
  • 1h 23m 56s
  • 26.00 miles
  • 18.59 Mi/hr
Swim
  • 30m
  • -----
  • -----

Peninsula Velo purchased a block of 40 openings for their members to the Woodside Century on Sept 23rd, so I reserved a spot. 

Sport
  • Physical Therapy
  • 1h 30m

PT is hella time consuming. If I were working, I would not have time for this shit at all. Today I was there for 2 hours, and it is starting to feel insane. They have too many people scheduled for the number of therapists that are available.

PT in the AM, Accounting homework assignment from hell, drainer ride this afternoon if time permits after class tonight.

Recently took the San Jose and San Francisco Police Department tests.  Sounds weird, I know.  But, after some serious reflection, I've come to appreciate the fact that cops only work 4 days/week.  I'm sorta taking a shine to having time to workout, and besides I do miss being in a quasi-military environment.

Swim
  • 25m
  • -----
  • -----

Sport
  • Physical Therapy
  • 1h 15m
Rest day.   PT in the AM.

Bike
  • 1h 18m 25s
  • 21.39 miles
  • 16.37 Mi/hr

Easy ride.

Swim
  • 45m
  • -----
  • -----

Almost drown today when I nearly broke out in hysterics while swimming - upon catching a glipse of the guy swimming next to me. Dude, I know I suck at swimming, but damn.....I didn't know there were people who suck more than I do. I swear this guy was writhing and flopping around in water as if he'd been attacked by an alligator and was trying to wrestle himself free - water splashing everywhere and he was creating the biggest wakes. He was a little guy, too!

So far we have accumulated enough GU packets to qualify for 5 free GU packs from the GUSports Stash Your Trash Program.

Bike
    • 4h 12m 51s
    • 65.08 miles
    • 15.44 Mi/hr

This wasn't the ride we had originally planned. Today, we planned to climb all 10 miles of Page Mill Rd with a goal of 70-75 miles round trip. I kept the pace pretty easy, since I knew the Page Mill Climb would put my HR up into z4 for quite a long time.

However, when I stopped at the bottom of PMR for the two of us to re-group, and to eat a Cliff Bar before heading up the hill, there was this "pop" sound, followed by Pssssssssss... Tim had yet ANOTHER flat tire. So, we took everything apart and realized that the entire side wall to his back tire was blown out. We stuck a new tube back into the tire, in hopes that it would at least get us back to Palo Alto - to Mike's Bikes, which was 4 miles away. Of course, Mike's didn't have a new tire to match the one that Tim had just bought for the front, so he ended up with something else, different brand and everything. Anyway, we changed the tire (again) and put in another fresh tube (since the old one was ridden with a punctured tire), and then rode back to Page Mill Road. This added probably an additional hour to overall outing. By then, we were both hungry, and didn't feel like we'd have the energy to climb PMR without some real food (not freakin' gels). At that point, we decided to shorten the trip and come home. No long climbs today, but there were plenty of shorter ones. This ride was probably in the 4,000 ft cummulative elevation range.

betyoursilver's Training Log

September 2006 
      SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
            1 2
      3 4 5 6 7 8 9
      10 11 12 13 14 15 16
      17 18 19 20 21 22 23
      24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Time
      Distance
      • April's totals
      • March's totals