The following equipment is nearing replacement:
  • Resumes Printed
  • haircut (no because my barber is always at the dentist, rather than at work)
  • suit dry cleaned
  • dress shirt ready
  • shoes polished
  • firms researched
  • shit, shower and shave
  • attend taxation career fair

Mission Accomplished!  Damn, if I didn't choose the right career path...... 

Bike
  • 1h 02m 57s
  • 17.03 miles
  • 16.23 Mi/hr

Reservoir

Sport
  • Physical Therapy
  • 1h 15m

Will be able to begin running next week.

Bike
  • 2h 04m 36s
  • 34.32 miles
  • 16.53 Mi/hr

1,841 ft cummulative elevation

Canada/Woodside/Foothill - out and back.

On Monday I experienced my first flat tire, ever.  Something quite sizeable punctured the sidewall of my back tire.  Between the series of slashes from the glass I ran over at some point and the recently puntured sidewall I chose to replace the back tire.   I had about 1,500 miles on that tire.  Anyway, that's life.

Sport
  • Physical Therapy
  • 1h 00m

Rest Day

Bike
  • 1h 40m 44s
  • 26.40 miles
  • 15.72 Mi/hr

Bike
  • 2h 36m 30s
  • 41.32 miles
  • 15.84 Mi/hr

Easy recovery ride; 2,984 ft cummulative elevation climbed.

A few starting line observations from yesterday's bike race:

• most riders had brand new tires (new tires = free speed!)
  • most riders had Zipp, Hedd, or Easton RR wheels

I currently have Neuvation M28 aero wheels on my bike, and I've found them to be completely bomb proof.  I've managed to hit some huge sink holes and a few pot holes with these wheels, and they've never had any issues with not being true. When I was at the Mt. Diablo Hill Climb, some other riders approached me and asked how I liked my Neuvations.  Of course, I'm pleased as they are as aero as you're going to get for training wheels under $500.  One of the riders told me that he swears by them for training wheels, and says they're lighter and cheaper than Mavic Ksyrium Elite or Equippe wheels.  There are a few people here on BT who also have great things to say about them for training purposes.  

Bike
  • 2h 07m 54s
  • 29.02 miles
  • 13.61 Mi/hr

5.7 miles w/u
12.5 miles Mt Tam hill climb
5.62 miles, descent (very rough road)
5.2 miles, easy spin after race

Strength
  • 25m

• EXERCISE

Sets
    Min
    reps
    Max
    reps
    Min
    wt.(lb)
    Max
    wt.(lb)
  • ABS - Crunches
  • BACK - Assisted Pullups
  • BACK - Bent-over BB row
  • BICEPS - Straight Bar Standing
  • CHEST - Dips
  • CHEST - Incline BB
  • LEGS - Straight leg deadlifts
  • SHOULDERS - Shoulder Press - Machine
  • TRICEPS - Skull crushers

Pullups: dead hang (2x10x126lbs)
Incline Situps
No calf presses, per PT
No legs today for obvious reasons

Elevation profile for today's hillclimb:  Cummulative elevation 2,621 ft; Official Time:  58:44

Don't have my official time yet, but I wanted a sub 1 hour time, and I think I got it!  My Garmin says 1:00:43, but I started the timer early and forgot to shut it off when I crossed the finish line.  This race was a mass start - my first.  Anyway, we started off nicely on the 4 mile flat stretch.  I decided early on that I wanted to stay in the peloton, and I'm proud to say that I held my own and accomplished just that.  On two occasions, I quickly glanced down at my Cateye and we were cruising at 28.6 MPH, and my Cateye is tellin' me that somewhere out on that flat stretch we were pushing 33 MPH.  It was insane!  I got really into it, and had a blast!  Gradually, I found myself moving up through the peloton, which was a complete rush - going that fast with all of these people.   Unfortunately, the group that started before us experienced a huge pile-up (mangled bikes, injured riders, etc), and as my group rounded a blind turn and happened upon the crash, it was break-city for us because a dipshit Park Ranger parked his patrol car in the middle of the street, despite the fact that the riders and bikes were already cleared off the road, which nearly caused another massive pile-up as the riders in my group tried to avoid hitting the back of the patrol car. 

The 7 sisters kicked my ass.  The 7th sister is a bitch.  Enough said.

Some dork came to the start line with a Zipp disk wheel, and he was laughed at profusely.  A disk is useless on a hill climb. FWIW:  he didn't climb very well with that wheel on his bike, nor did he leave the peloton in the dust on the flat.  Save the disk for a flat TT, dude.

betyoursilver's Training Log

September 2006 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
      1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Time
Distance
  • April's totals
  • March's totals