Bike
  • 40m
  • 13.02 miles
  • 19.53 Mi/hr

Trainer

Sport
  • Physical Therapy
  • 1h 45m
Lots going on throughout the next month:  Interview with accounting firm on Friday, SJPD practise session for phys. agility on 10/14/06; phys. agility test for SJPD on 11/04/06; practise phys. agility for SFPD on 10/19/06, and phys agility test for SFPD on 10/28/06.

Bike
  • 2h 07m 33s
  • 32.69 miles
  • 15.38 Mi/hr

07/20/06: OLH Climb - 26:40
New PR: OLH Climb - 24:14, 3.35 miles

4,026 ft cummulative elevation climbed today.

New PR Today's OLH Hill Climb!

Sport
  • Physical Therapy
  • 2h 00m

I thought this session was never going to end.

Swim
  • 20m
  • -----
  • -----
Sport
  • Crossfit
  • 18m 26s

"Lynne"

Five rounds for max reps of:
Body weight bench press
Pull-ups

BP: 130 lbs - 10, 10, 11, 8, 6
PU: 126 lbs - 11, 10, 6, 5, 3
Extra:
HS Crunches: 5x12x55lbs

Busy day today; continue filling out on-line apps to firms & applying through the university career ctr, finish homework, read WSJ, work out, etc.  Not sure why some of the firms want applicants to apply through both their own website and the university career center.  The on-line apps are very time consuming because you have to establish "user profiles" and each firm want very specific and detailed information in your cover letter.  Yesterday, I filled-out three apps on the various firm websites and 2 more on the university's web site, not to mention e-mailing various contacts I made at the career fair last Friday.  Things are really looking up, and the fall hiring season is on fire.  There is currently an accountant shortage, and a large number of firms scrapping for the existing prospective hires.  It's competitive for the firms, but great for new hires.  The market is so hot right now that I can expect a significant pay raise over my previous career.  I've worked hard for this career change; I deserve whatever postive stuff is coming my way. 

Bike
  • 2h 03m 58s
  • 31.18 miles
  • 15.09 Mi/hr

recovery ride, easy pace

Bike
  • 6h 56m 02s
  • 103.93 miles
  • 14.99 Mi/hr

Per Garmin, I climbed 15,261 ft cummulative elevation.  Completed the first 50 miles in 3:10 for an average speed of 16.1 MPH (included significant climbing). 

I started the century with the Peninsula Velo club, and hung with them for the first 24 miles - well, until nature came calling and I had to stop.  They kept going, though.  Up to that point I averaged 18.2 MPH with the group, before starting the first climb up Kings Mtn Road and continuing onto Skyline for at least a solid 5-5.5 mile climb.  Then, it was hammer time for probably the next 12 miles, where I aggressively descended the hills today. 

Today I experienced some new roads and scenery over near the coast, so that was fun.  We rode the Pescadero RR route as part of the century, and eventually met-up with the Pacific Coast Highway (PCH) where we travelled north for about 5 miles in the heavy fog, before vearing right onto Stage Road for what was to be a series of roughly 6 climbs/slogs that easily fell into the 1 - 2 mile/each category.   We continued on Stage Road until it brought us back out to PCH, where we headed north for roughly 1 mile, and then turned onto Tunitas Creek Rd, which was at the 80 mile point.  Even after the 6 climbs on Stage Road, I still managed to maintain a 15.5 MPH average, up to the 80 mile point.  Not for long, though, as Tunitas Crk had other plans.  So, anyway I took the first 2 miles of Tunitas Crk real easy because my legs were completely wrecked by this point.  I just spinned and spinned and relaxed as best I could before I started the horrific 8 mile climb back up to Skyline Blvd.  I started the climb feeling pretty good, and felt that the break on the early part of Tunitas was key to making it up the hill.  After I reached the top of Tunitas, nature was calling again, so I took care of that, and hauled ass down the hill to knock-out the last 10 miles. 

Unlike previous centuries, the worst of the climbing came in the last 50+ miles, which made for quite a challenge.  Overall, I'd say this was a much tougher century than the Giro di Peninsula back in June.    Although much tougher, I shaved off a lot of time, and I'm proud of that.  It makes the finishing time seem even sweeter.

• RACE DAY: Woodside Century
  • Resumes Printed
  • haircut (no because my barber is always at the dentist, rather than at work)
  • suit dry cleaned
  • dress shirt ready
  • shoes polished
  • firms researched
  • shit, shower and shave
  • attend taxation career fair

Mission Accomplished!  Damn, if I didn't choose the right career path...... 

betyoursilver's Training Log

September 2006 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
      1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Time
Distance
  • April's totals
  • March's totals