• 10m
  • -----
  • -----
Swim
  • 10m
  • -----
  • -----

all easy

Here in Clearwater and relaxing. You begin to see trigeeks everywhere and the mood is turning into excitment :)

for today I'll do some training, head to the expo, rest, rest, rest and head to the welcome dinner...

BTW, I changed my racing strategy... instead of going easy for 5-10 miles in the bike, now I WON'T! it is hard since the gun goes off until I finish with a PR or blow up :)

Run
  • 20m
  • -----
  • -----

all easy

Swim
  • 28m 20s
  • 2000.00 yards
  • 01m 25s /100 yards

WU: 300EZ, 200IM
MS: 10 x 100H – R:05
400 as 50M/50H
CD: 100EZ

short swim with hard efforts. At 1st I was feeling lethargic and slow due to the past easy days of training but after a few sets I felt better. then this fast gal jumped on the next lane and start doing 100s repeats, so I just swam hard to stay with her :) we avg 1:10-1:12min per 100s until I completed my sets. She kept going and THEN started doing her actuall speed sets, she was fast! Anyway, today I to clean my bike, pack it, get my wheels ready, pack all my gear and other stuff to get ready to travel tomorrow AM... 4 days!

Run
  • 20m 31s
  • 2.95 miles
  • 06m 57s /Mi

EZ run

Nothing much going on today. Lots of work before I leave to FL on Wed AM, I also have to leave training plans ready for my guys and of course not much training. Just did an EZ 20 min run.
Today I brought my bike to FastSplits to have tune up, and it is ready to roll. I also downloaded the athletes guide and it finally began to sink in that the last and A race of the season is almost here. Of course I am not heading into it as I would have liked, IOW I had so many up and downs this season that the only word I can use to describe is inconsistency.  But all in all, it was a good learning experience and sort of my 1st tough patch on the road since I began training for triathlons.

This year I was hoping it to be my breakthrough year and be able to reach some of my racing goals, but many times in life things don’t go as planned and we can either sit down and feel sorry about ourselves or roll with the punches and keep on moving making the best out of the challenges we face. I won’t be getting to the race in the kind of shape I would have hoped for, but unlike the recurrent theme of my past races of this season, at least I am heading into it with a good solid couple of moths of training. Most important, I am more confident, ready and willing to go for it since the time the gun goes off. I won’t be holding back much or at all and I won’t be afraid to try go out hard and fail.  Although it is an unsettling feeling to think I can blow up at any moment, it is also exciting that I just might be able to survive and come out proud with the effort whatever the outcome is. AS long as I don’t hold back, I will be happy and again I am willing to go through the pain of racing at or near the red line in hopes of that 4:15 hrs. Go all out or go home! :)

Racing strategy - swim at tempo pace, bike: hold back a bit for the 1st 5-10 miles to fuel properly and then punch the pace at tempo pace. Run: start out fast during the 1st mile and repeat hodling the same effort for another 12.1 miles ;)

well, today I did absolutely nothing but sleep, eat sushi, ice cream and sleep some more :)

let's just say that yesterday I danced a lot, there was some tequila involved, went to bed late and I had a bit of a hangover.

JorgeM's Training Log

November 2007 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
     1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 

Time
Distance
  • September's totals
  • August's totals