just came back from buying fresh baguettes so I can eat some turkey sandwiches plus another 300000000 cal in pasta, mashed potates, dessert, etc! Oh yeah I will run later tonight like 30 mins so I don't feel as guilty :) (I think I am going to have to eat turkey for a few weeks! LOL)
Run
  • 27m
  • 3.90 miles
  • 06m 55s /Mi

EZ run

EZ run while the turkey was in the oven :)

OMG, even though it is not right for me to say it but hell I am a good cook :)
I bought a 12 pound turkey (yes a lot for myself but it was the smallest I could find) that I marinated overnight with white wine, some vodka and tequila (;)) and a rub of fresh spices salt and pepper. You base and rub the entire the bird inside out and in between the skin stuffing the spices between in. In the cavity I stuffed it with onions, garlic, carrots and celery. Before cooking the bird I drained the marinated and cooked it separated to reduce a bit and use it to braise the bird through the cooking. I also spread some butter all over the skin and into the oven for 3 ½ hrs at 250 degrees and covered. After 2 hrs uncover it and let the skin get nice and brown. After is done leave it under the broiler for 10-20 in to make the skin crunchy :)  Anyway, WOW the turkey was yummy and moist. I also cooked fettuccini with a very light cream sauce and chanterelles mushroom, garlic and thyme mashed potatoes, grilled zucchini, gravy done with the turkey juice/marinate and of course dessert! I ended up cooking the vanilla flan. Needless to say Iam going to have to run a marathon to burn all the food I ate!!!

still feeling sick but much better than the previous two days. I am still spitting nasty stuff (nice visual hey? ;)) I am definitely running tonight at least 20 min EZ cuz I need it! I have the rest of the week off but I am not doing much in terms of thx giving cuz no family around but it is ok, I am planning to cook for MYSELF a turkey, some pasta, salad, veggies and of course some dessert. (I am pondering between vanilla flan or a white chocolate creme brulee) I love cooking hence sometimes I get to pamper myself with personal feast.

I will also work on training plans cuz I have several due for next Monday plus there is a few new additions to the PBM coaching athlete roster (Welcome Alaina and Philip :))

Anyway HAPPY THX GIVING EVERYONE!!!

oh noooooooo.... it is snowing, agghhhhhh! it is inevitable, winter is here and that means running with tons of layers, icey roads, trainer, MoFo cold rides, etc, I am freaking out! :)  Oh well, same happens every year… I am still sick but feeling a bit better than yesterday, still I don’t think I can do any running today so I’ll wait until tomorrow.

well, I thought the cold was over but this AM I wake up feeling 50/50, it seems the cold moved to the chest. I don;t feel as sick as last week but I do feel a bit weak and with chest congestion (so coughing) Since this week is unstructured exercising I don't really have to do anything unless I feel like it or feel healthy. Hopefully I can kick this sickness away in the next couple of days though and do some running.
Run
  • 21m
  • 3.00 miles
  • 07m /Mi

EZ run

after 7 days completely off and of course recovering from my cold I got back to 'some' training today with an easy run. I'll continue to do unstructured exercise for the next week before kicking off marathon training.

last complete day off :) sill sick but not as bad as yesterday...

JorgeM's Training Log

November 2007 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
     1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 

Time
Distance
  • September's totals
  • August's totals