OMG more snow.... arggghhh!!!
I talked to my friend Phil yesterday and decided that instead of rushing my training to attempt a sub 2:40hr mary, I will help him pace running together for a 3 hr mary and help him qualify for Boston. This actually makes me stress free mentally and if anything I can always just run the half marathon at NO. I feel like I need this vacation time (next couple of weeks) to get my mind rested, enjoy some quality time with the family and most important soak up some renew energy from the sunny weather of Cancun :)

Run
  • 44m
  • 6.30 miles
  • 06m 59s /Mi

EZ run

Between the weather, the holidays and work/coaching my training is been a bit inconsistent. Still my goal was to run at leat 5x a week so I am ok, but this snow is killing me and sucks my motivation away to run. Oh well, I am allowing me some extra time until the end of the year to get serious for tri training. :)

more snow, ugh...
Run
  • 1h 41m
  • 14.31 miles
  • 07m 04s /Mi

Long run EZ pace

did my lung run and went ok but it was just too cold (22F per weather.com and 8F with wind chill). I ran from my place to Newton (on Beacon street) then came back on Comm av on the Boston marathon course running the hills including heart break and back on Beacon. I felt great most of the time but after heart break I got very cold I think from drinking as liquid was just super cold dropping my core temperature. I could have run faster but some spots were slow due to snow, traffic. I can tell I haven't run long forever and my legs were like wtf are you doing :)  This is the part I don't like from marathon training. I like to run frequent and fast, not necessarely long and aroundf 14-15 miles is my limit, but for know ill suck it up. I am on the fence about this marathon thingy, I would like to run a sub 2:40 hr mary but at the same time I don't want to rush my training and I am not sure I'll get in that type of shape by the 3rd weekend of Feb. We'll see, I can always just run half marathon, because my main goal is to rock the 70.3 distance and make 2008 my tri breakthrough year...

Run
  • 43m
  • 6.12 miles
  • 07m 02s /Mi

Ez run

JorgeM's Training Log

December 2007 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29