Swim
  • 1h 00m
  • 1700.00 yards
  • 03m 32s /100 yards

200 warm-up
8x100, 25 kick, 25 swim, 25 drill 25 swim
6x100 SPRINT every 6 minutes. This was SOOO HARD!
100 cooldown

So, I pretty much held 1:50 on the 100's, however, the 5th one was slower. I chose to do the last 100 butterfly. If you want to impress someone do 100 fly. I didn't think I was going that fast but the coach of the day said 2:24 for 100 fly was really good. To swim fly at all well has really taken me about 2 years of practice. It was nice to be able to do it without having to share a lane. I think I could have gone faster on the fly, I got into a rhythm and I wasn't feeling completely out of breath. Where you really feel it is the shoulders. A great strength stroke.

Sport
  • Walking
  • 25m

Had a great thought this morning, which was to go for a very short jog before swim tonite. However, at the time I had the "great thought" I was on my way to work. So, no shoes, workout clothes, etc. Worked out ok, as I went for a barefoot walk around the park instead. Note: Trees which have little pointy seeds should be banned. Afterwards, I was glad that I just walked, as sprints during swimming were hard enough already!

I love swimming.  It is the sport I always come back to first, and then build from there.  You'll note that I have written goals for biking and running, but not swimming.  This is because the swimming really takes care of itself.

I am so glad that school is almost over.  I really need a break from teaching.  In fact, I'm not sure if it's really meant for me - something I have to determine.

• Health data: Sleep: 5 Stress: 3 Soreness: 5 Fatigue: 5 Hours slept: 6.5 Overall Workout: 4
Run
  • 50m
  • 2.50 miles
  • 20m /Mi

Went running at 6:30pm. Ugh. Never felt really good the whole time, my legs didn't want to get moving. Probably due to the heat. I always have a hard time when it's hot.

I am so thrilled, this morning I woke up, weighed myself for the Holiday-to-Holiday challenge.  I have lost 3.5 pounds this week!  Hooray!!

Well, after running tonight, I'll be hitting the pool tomorrow night.  I went out a little too late and now I'm revving even though it's 11:00 pm.  Probably the after run event of fighting with my landscaping using a mega pair of clippers wasn't so great to help induce sleep either. 

I need to think about this, because last week when I opened up that bottle of wine and was drinking some every night (a somewhat rare event) I didn't have this problem.  The glass of wine at night really relaxed me and let me get to sleep.

• Health data: Sleep: 5 Stress: 4 Soreness: 5 Fatigue: 5 Hours slept: 7.5 Overall Workout: 2

Went to church and then the rodeo.  I'm just tired out today.  I don't know why as I have spent most of the day just laying around or sitting.  The rodeo was hot though, so maybe that's it.  Anyway, not going to work out today.

I feel good about last week's workouts overall.  I've got my next planned OW swim next weekend.  I want to go run at least 3x next week, we'll see how that goes.

• Health data: Sleep: 5 Stress: 2 Soreness: 5 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 8
Run
  • 40m
  • 2.00 miles
  • 20m /Mi

Went for a run at 7:40. Felt great today, not too tired at the end, and my knee didn't hurt at all! Yeah!

Swim
  • 40m
  • 1300.00 yards
  • 03m 05s /100 yards

Lots of kicking.
300 kick (IM order)
4x100 drill (IM)
4x50 distance per stroke
4x50 swim with focus on stroke
200 swim easy

Pretty easy day aerobically. Focused on form, I felt strong and good in the water.

Feeling really great today.  Planning on catching a movie with my son, and then spending some quality time on the yardwork/cleaning up the house/bills etc.  You know, doing all that maitenance stuff.

• Health data: Sleep: 5 Stress: 3 Soreness: 5 Fatigue: 5 Hours slept: 8.5

Missed the workout today.  Got too busy talking on the phone to family, fixing dinner and talking with the kids. I only see them every two weeks, so feel very deprived when they are with me.  Anyway, had a glass of wine and it was then too dark to go out running.  I'll try and get it in tomorrow before I go swimming.  Also trying to plan weekend, where will we go, what will we do and etc.  Daughter tells me that she's going to be busy with friends on Saturday, which entails rearranging of plans, as we were going to go to the rodeo on Saturday, but now must do it on Sunday.  I guess we're having an adventure.

Goals for weekend:  Yardwork:  Fill up green waste container, mow the I-am-now-starting-to-resemble-something-lawn-like, and get ready for the last week of school.

• Health data: Sleep: 5 Stress: 3 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 7.5
Swim
  • 50m
  • 1600.00 yards
  • 03m 08s /100 yards

200 warmup
20x50 half fast, half easy
2x150 50 kick, 100 swim
100 cooldown

A lot of rest involved in today's set. This is my hard workout in swimming this week. I am SO FREAKING SLOW!! On the easy 50's I'm checking my time and I'm hitting 1:15. My easy 50 used to be 15 seconds faster. On the fast, I swear I must have been just flailing around, because the fastest 50 I did was 1:05. Ok, I took 10 seconds off, but man.

• Health data: Sleep: 5 Stress: 3 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 5.5 Overall Workout: 4
Run
  • 25m
  • 1.25 miles
  • 20m /Mi

Almost bagged the run. Glad I decided to go. I'm estimating my pace right now as 20 mpm. (Based on time for an approx. 2 mile loop I use.)

Swim
  • 50m
  • 2000.00 yards
  • 02m 30s /100 yards

400 swim
600 smooth
600 moderate
400 smooth

I hit the "magic" number today! I pretty much consider myself back swimming when I'm hitting 2000 yards in the pool, and that happened today. (Of course, it helped that it was short course.)

I feel great today. Just have a lot of energy and feeling really good. Climbing up the stairs was way easier today, the fitness is coming back with a vengeance. It's great when you have a strong base from prior years, the feeling fit part comes back really fast. It's just too bad the weight loss part doesn't happen that way...

• Health data: Sleep: 5 Stress: 3 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 7.5 Overall Workout: 4

cadreamer's Training Log

June 2005 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
    1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30  

Time
Distance
  • July's totals
  • June's totals