Run
  • 18m 55s
  • 1.10 miles
  • 17m 12s /Mi

well, really short cause I had somewhere to go - but hey, anything is better than nothing. In the afternoon, which is good, as I need to get accustomed to the heat again. :)

Swim
  • 50m
  • 1800.00 yards
  • 02m 47s /100 yards

100 warmup
5x100 medium (about 2:05-10)
150 easy
500 for time 9:26
50 hard 5x100 easy

I thought I counted right, but apparently did 50 more than I should. If the time of 9:23 is right then that is quite a bit faster than I would have expected. I was trying to swim strong but not all out.

Very good - but I need to get there at 5:00 instead of 5:30!!

I was seriously not happy with my weight this morning. It bugs me that I let a stupid number affect me so much. I almost didn't go swimming because of it. Dumb, dumb, dumb.

I had a GREAT swim this morning. I need to remember that the scale isn't going to magically move in huge increments, that I'm doing really well nutritionally, that I'm feeling really good and even skinny (if someone who weighs over 250 can be said to do that.) My clothes ARE getting looser, I can tell a difference. Someone told me this morning that it looked like I've lost weight - which really felt good. My swim is really coming together and so is the bike. I've had a lot of improvements over the past month - the stupid scale should NOT be allowed to make me crazy!

• Health data: Sleep: 5 Stress: 3 Soreness: 5 Fatigue: 5 RHR: 64 Hours slept: 6 Overall Workout: 4
Rest Day - I think I like Wednesday as my rest day.  It seems I'm always feeling tired by the middle of the week, and this should help, I think.  Although I've been dragging all day today.

• Health data: Sleep: 5 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 RHR: 61 Hours slept: 7
Swim
  • 45m
  • 1600.00 yards
  • 02m 49s /100 yards

2x300 (kick for 100 then swim for 200. First was free, 2nd non-free)
6x100 hard, on 2:00, 2:15, 2:15, 2:30, 2:30, 2:30

I was holding 1:50!! for the first 4 - that is definitely a WOW for me.

100 easy
4x50 kick
100 cooldown

Thinking about my race schedule - I've put up a tentative plan, comments VERY welcome. Actually, the big question is if doing a 1/2 IM in September is completely crazy - or if it's doable. Any thoughts?

Further thinking:  I think what I'll do is wait until after the Oly I have planned in July.  If that goes well, and I feel like I can handle it, then I'll sign up for Big Kahuna.  Otherwise, I'll do another Oly in September.  I don't want to do something really stupid.  I need to keep in mind that I didn't do ANY triathlons last year.

• Health data: Sleep: 5 Stress: 3 Soreness: 5 Fatigue: 4 Hours slept: 6 Overall Workout: 5
Run
  • 34m
  • 2.00 miles
  • 17m /Mi

Felt really tired out at the beginning - feeling a bit better at the end.

Well, I found my HR strap. That was seriously bugging me.

And, the official weigh-in today was not so hot. I haven't been making extremely bad choices, just eating too much, or not enough of the right things, or something.

Last night was game night - and I just should have said no to a lot of stuff, but didn't, so I ended up eating way more than I should have. Ugh.

This week should be way better (except for Saturday) in terms of good eating.

Update: Well, I've looked back at this week, and it's the dinner that's killing me. I guess I'm thinking that I've done really well all day so that it won't really hurt my progress. But of course, it does.

Plan for today: Brick didn't make it riding, but did go running. Plus more and more housecleaning.

• Health data: Sleep: 5 Stress: 3 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 4 Hours slept: 8 Overall Workout: 2
Bike
  • 2h 45m
  • 35.00 miles
  • 12.73 Mi/hr

Really good ride. Loop from my house out to Patterson Pass, Cross Road, over to Collier Canyon and home.

And now I can't find my HRM strap.  What is UP with that??

• Health data: Sleep: 5 Stress: 3 Soreness: 5 Fatigue: 4 Hours slept: 8 Overall Workout: 5
Run
  • 47m 15s
  • 2.65 miles
  • 17m 50s /Mi

Nice to run in a different spot than usual. Found a trail with some definite hills which I ended up hiking mostly. Not trying to go fast, just keep a steady pace.

Swim
  • 35m
  • 1312.00 yards
  • 02m 40s /100 yards

Got there late, but an ok swim. Asked the coach to look at my stroke, she said it looked really good - now to somehow get faster.

Well, in spite of totally snarfing on 5-layer dip last night, my weight stayed the same as the last couple of days.  I really need to stick to clean eating for the next two days so the "official" weight on Monday will be good.  This week has been difficult in terms of eating clean.

Going swimming this morning. DONE - Got there late, but it's all good.

Then went to the farmer's market where I spent about $40 on veggies and some AWESOME strawberries, I LOVE strawberries and these are so, so, good.  Oh yeah, bought a lot of other stuff as well, but the strawberries were the best thing.  Put all the stuff in the car, then I went for a run.  It was really nice running in a different area than I usually do.  

We'll see what else is up for today, but it's a great day so far.

• Health data: Sleep: 5 Stress: 3 Soreness: 5 Fatigue: 3 RHR: 62 Hours slept: 7 Overall Workout: 4
I'd like to run today, but don't know if I'll have time or not. I actually set my alarm to go running early, but then just laid in bed. I'm going to a sort've party with the BF later on and just don't know if I can fit in a run or not. Guess we'll see.

• Health data: Sleep: 5 Stress: 3 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 4 RHR: 61 Hours slept: 8

cadreamer's Training Log

May 2006 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31   

Time
Distance
  • July's totals
  • June's totals