Run
  • 40m 05s
  • 4.21 miles
  • 09m 31s /Mi

Went out for a solo easy run. It was such an enjoyable short run. Felt full of energy and I had a hard time keeping it slow and easy. What used to be my hard runs are now becoming my easy runs and that is so cool. I am really starting to enjoy running and pushing myself and see how much better I can get.

Dist 4.3
Avg Pace 9:32
Time 0:40:05
Avg HR 141
Max HR 151
Kcal 544
60-70% - 0:05:37
70-80% - 0:34:28
80-90% - 0:00:00

OK so at work Corp IT which I am part of has started this Fitness challenge to get all the fat slobs in IT to lose weight and get in better health.  This is the second time they have had this event.  Last year it was during my peak training for Tri’s and I won with the most fitness minutes performed during the 2 month challenge.  So this year they have changed the rules so I won’t blow everyone away and win the grand prize again.  The nearest person to me was 14 hours behind me in fitness minutes performed..  So they also are offering weekly drawings for small fitness items and this week was the first drawing and yes I won the first item and yes there were grumblings that I win everything.  So I got to pick an item from the stack and chose a big Body Ball and I am going to replace my office chair with it.  I had read an article that talked about how this will help my posture and also strengthen my core so I am going to give it a try.  Let’s hope that it works!!!!!

Run
  • 1h 02m 19s
  • 7.00 miles
  • 08m 54s /Mi

Met Aaron for a little speed work tonight. We had 3x1600 @8:02 on the plate for tonight. I was not feeling like it was going to be a good night of running. Felt slow running to Aaron’s house but I cut 40 seconds off my best time there. When we got to the track I was finally start to feel good and lose. I we go the 3 sets in and were where nowhere close to the scheduled pace. We were able to blow them away and Felt great doing it. We did 7:52, 7:42, and 7:27 my fastest 1600 to date. I could not believe how fast we did them in and how good they felt. I am excited about my improvements over the past weeks and could never of thought I was able to run this fast this soon.

Sport
  • Yard Work
  • 1h 20m

More rototiller

cbb

Sport
  • Yard Work
  • 45m

Wrestled with a rototiller

Rest day!!  A little sore from yesterdays Hills.  Felt like I should have been out running and not sitting around with the kids. 

Tren had his first cub scouts meeting and he was so excited about it.  We spent an hour going over his requirement for his bobcat badge.  It was fun to see him excited about scout!  I had a lot of fun when I was in it when I was young.

Run
  • 43m 33s
  • 4.60 miles
  • 09m 28s /Mi

Got up early today and meet Aaron for some morning hills. I marked of a mile section last week on a road out in the country. I didn’t mark both sides of the road so on the first mile we missed the mark and end up doing 6/10ths of a mile further than expected. I felt good to be out running first thing in the morning. I will now have all night after work to do yard work around the house. The hills were a needed change with Zeitgeist Half marathon in 48 days. Splits were 11:22 (1.3mile) up, 11:01 (1.3mile) down 9:37 up and 9:07 down. First Loop was much faster than second. The hill started out Gradual and works too steep for the last quarter mile. Both directions have some incline to it. I need to get my GPS out to figure total elevation gain and loss. I can feel my legs sitting here at work and they fell like they have been worked hard. Hills put a different strain on your muscle group.

Rest, recover and relax day!!!!

Spent the day with the family and kids.  Fixed brownies and played some games.  TV was off and just some good times with the kids.

What a day!!!  Wife went out for the day with the girls and I got to do all the fun Saturday stuff with the kids.  We had Flag football in Mountain home which is 45 minutes away.  Had to get the kids up ready feed and in the car before 8:30am.  Got to the football game and had a great time watching Tren play.  He is finally getting the game and what to do.  Drove home and had lunch in the park.  Got the kids to bed for their nap and started to get ready for a nephews birthday party and go to the Boise State Football game.  Got home around 11:00pm and I felt like I just ran a marathon.   We had a great time together and see why my wife is worn out so ofter.

Run
  • 2h 20m 20s
  • 14.30 miles
  • 09m 49s /Mi

Ok 14.25 long fun painful, strenuous mile to night. What a fun time. Ran with Aaron and the mile flew by up until 10 miles when he was done. After the 10 miles life started to suck. Legs felt tired and heavy. We ran a fast 10 miles faster than what we should have been. But how else do you grow than through pain. I was happy how good I felt during the first 12 miles and then dug deep for the last. Was a great mental test. GPS system showed that we went 14.3 miles but the map only showed 14.03 so we will go by the GPS we also gained 1209’ and lost 1134’ so we did get a little hill into the run.

Dist 14.25
Avg Pace 9:15
Time 2:20:20
Avg HR 145
Max HR 163
Kcal 2070
60-70% - 0:18:20
70-80% - 1:54:54
80-90% - 0:07:06

dochalladay's Training Log

September 2007 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat