WU: 200yds
SET: 4x50 Fist Drill (45 sec avg)
4x50 Stroke Drill (42 sec avg)
3x100 (1:34 avg)
4x50 Stroke Drill (44 sec avg)
4x50 Fist Drill (48 sec avg)
CD: 1x100
2x50

Wow are the times different when I dress correctly. Wore the tri-suit today vice the normal beach/swim trunks. Guess that little thing called drag does make a difference!

Strength

• EXERCISE

Sets
    Min
    reps
    Max
    reps
    Min
    wt.(lb)
    Max
    wt.(lb)
  • BACK - Pulldowns - Wide Grip
  • BICEPS - BB Preacher
  • CHEST - Flat Dumbell Press
  • SHOULDERS - Military BB
  • TRICEPS - Skull crushers

Again, just trying to get back into the strength training after a long lay-off. Just wanted to work the overall body with high reps/low weight for a few times, then will go to 2x or 3x/week.

Lifting after swimming is a good match for me, but damn am I weak after the swim. felt good though!

Ironman Florida in...T - 353

• Health data: Sleep: 5 Stress: 4 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 4 RHR: 58 Hours slept: 9 Overall Workout: 4
Bike
  • 55m
  • -----
  • -----

Got busy putting together the home gym/cardio room, so I didn't meet my window for the pool. Jumped on the trainer instead. Did the Carmichael Time Trial DVD that came with the trainer. Nice, painful, cardio workout. Definitely more than what I would have done on the trainer alone.

Fromer, don't hate me...I'll catchup on the swim tomorrow and Friday!

Ironman Florida in...T - 354

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 4 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 4 Hours slept: 8 Overall Workout: 4
Bike
  • 1h 46m 24s
  • 30.00 miles
  • 16.92 Mi/hr

Went out for a nice easy ride, just taking in the most beautiful day I have seen in my near year in New Orleans.

Took it slow and just kept the cadence above 95 on the way out. No problems, nice enjoyable ride...UNTIL I TURNED AROUND!!! Holy, shibit was there a huge headwind! It kicked my boopa (thanks May, now you have me saying it all the time). I was struggling to keep the mph above 15 on the way back! That was a workout!

30 miles...longest ride to date on the Felt!

T - 355

• Health data: Sleep: 5 Stress: 4 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 8.5 Overall Workout: 4

T - 356 

The day off was a pleasant change,  Unfortunately, after the few long work weeks, I am behind on some projects around the house.  Got caught up in them today and never got to my workouts...Oops!  Got to find a happy medium between them and the workouts this week.  Better luck tomorrow!

• Health data: Sleep: 5 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 8.5
Run
  • 26m 15s
  • 3.00 miles
  • 08m 45s /Mi

Just a nice easy 3 miles around the neighborhood. Felt good to finally run in some cooler weather.

T - 357

Not much going on after another long day (and night).  Up early again this morning as I just can't sleep late!  Got the ol' house cleaning/yardwork/truckwashing sked to complete today (and of course football) but will get in a run today.  Lovely overcast 60 degree day outside.  Great running weather.  Looking forward to it, but gonna go for coffee first!!!  Anybody want to join me??? My treat!

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 4 Hours slept: 4 Overall Workout: 3

T - 358

Scheduled off-day.  Have to work today...last day of this tough two week span...then it is off from work till 11/22.  No real plans other than getting some good workouts in and doing some chores around the house/yard.  May go visit the Atlanta group for a ride next weekend.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 4 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 6
Bike
  • 35m
  • -----
  • -----

Trainer @ home

Worked on 97+ cadence for the entire ride. Didn't have much time for workout, so I wanted to get the rpm's up.

T - 359

TGIF!!!  Ah, what the heck am I thinking...today is just Thursday for me!  Got to love giving up back-to-back Staurdays!!!  Defintely will take it much easier this time.  Gonna stay away from Bourbon Street....that is a bad, bad place!  Or is it that I am bad when there???   Either way, tonight is trainer night!  What a way to spend Friday night!

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 4 Hours slept: 6.5 Overall Workout: 3

Cavu9's Training Log

November 2004 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30    

Time
Distance
  • April's totals
  • March's totals