Run
  • 55m 37s
  • 5.00 miles
  • 11m 07s /Mi

Went running with one of our new marathoners...so went at her pace to get her through the scheduled 5 mile run today. Better get used to this pace though as I start with the coach tomorrow and I am sure I will be running in a lower HR zone than I normally run. Probably will be very close to this I am sure. Felt like I was race-walking more than running...but I just kept trying to work on my cadence. Felt good, could have gone for hours!

Did I mention anything about rain!!!! Poured on us the whole way. No wonder we were the only ones out there! Oh well, got the run in! Now I am home to put on some dry clothes and head to the gym for a leg workout!!!

Strength

• EXERCISE

Sets
    Min
    reps
    Max
    reps
    Min
    wt.(lb)
    Max
    wt.(lb)
  • ABS - Leg-Raise, Hanging
  • ABS - Sit-Ups, Flat
  • LEGS - Quad Extensions
  • LEGS - Seated calf raises

Light leg workout after my run this morning. Just wanted to get a few exercises in before I go to a full strength workout next week.

Ironman Florida in...T - 349 days...?? hours....

(Updated the counter to match the official IM Florida clock)

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 RHR: 53 Hours slept: 6 Overall Workout: 3
Run
  • 08m
  • 1.00 miles
  • 08m /Mi

Just a nice short run after the weight training.

Strength

• EXERCISE

Sets
    Min
    reps
    Max
    reps
    Min
    wt.(lb)
    Max
    wt.(lb)
  • ABS - Incline sit-ups
  • ABS - Knee-Raise, Hanging
  • BACK - Pulldowns - Wide Grip
  • BICEPS - Straight Bar Standing
  • CHEST - Flat Dumbell Press
  • CHEST - Incline DB
  • SHOULDERS - Military BB
  • TRICEPS - DB Overhead Extension

Coach workouts will be strength training 2x/week with low weight/high reps, so I wanted to give that a try today. Felt weird with such small weight, but toward the end of the higher reps, you could start to feel it! Overall good workout. Still going light to try to avoid muscle soreness from just getting back into the gym. Will try to get legs in tomorrow.

Ironman Florida in...T - 352

Well, I am biting the bullet as well and have decided to hire a coach for my IM training.  So with that said, I am going to celebrate by doing what I want to do today!  Looks like weights and a light run!  No worries Fromer, you will be glad to know that the coach has me swimming three days next week!  Happy Friday to all!!!

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 4 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 RHR: 52 Hours slept: 8 Overall Workout: 3
Swim
  • 22m 37s
  • 1500.00 yards
  • 01m 31s /100 yards

WU: 200yds
SET: 4x50 Fist Drill (45 sec avg)
4x50 Stroke Drill (42 sec avg)
3x100 (1:34 avg)
4x50 Stroke Drill (44 sec avg)
4x50 Fist Drill (48 sec avg)
CD: 1x100
2x50

Wow are the times different when I dress correctly. Wore the tri-suit today vice the normal beach/swim trunks. Guess that little thing called drag does make a difference!

Strength

• EXERCISE

Sets
    Min
    reps
    Max
    reps
    Min
    wt.(lb)
    Max
    wt.(lb)
  • BACK - Pulldowns - Wide Grip
  • BICEPS - BB Preacher
  • CHEST - Flat Dumbell Press
  • SHOULDERS - Military BB
  • TRICEPS - Skull crushers

Again, just trying to get back into the strength training after a long lay-off. Just wanted to work the overall body with high reps/low weight for a few times, then will go to 2x or 3x/week.

Lifting after swimming is a good match for me, but damn am I weak after the swim. felt good though!

Ironman Florida in...T - 353

• Health data: Sleep: 5 Stress: 4 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 4 RHR: 58 Hours slept: 9 Overall Workout: 4
Bike
  • 55m
  • -----
  • -----

Got busy putting together the home gym/cardio room, so I didn't meet my window for the pool. Jumped on the trainer instead. Did the Carmichael Time Trial DVD that came with the trainer. Nice, painful, cardio workout. Definitely more than what I would have done on the trainer alone.

Fromer, don't hate me...I'll catchup on the swim tomorrow and Friday!

Ironman Florida in...T - 354

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 4 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 4 Hours slept: 8 Overall Workout: 4
Bike
  • 1h 46m 24s
  • 30.00 miles
  • 16.92 Mi/hr

Went out for a nice easy ride, just taking in the most beautiful day I have seen in my near year in New Orleans.

Took it slow and just kept the cadence above 95 on the way out. No problems, nice enjoyable ride...UNTIL I TURNED AROUND!!! Holy, shibit was there a huge headwind! It kicked my boopa (thanks May, now you have me saying it all the time). I was struggling to keep the mph above 15 on the way back! That was a workout!

30 miles...longest ride to date on the Felt!

T - 355

• Health data: Sleep: 5 Stress: 4 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 8.5 Overall Workout: 4

T - 356 

The day off was a pleasant change,  Unfortunately, after the few long work weeks, I am behind on some projects around the house.  Got caught up in them today and never got to my workouts...Oops!  Got to find a happy medium between them and the workouts this week.  Better luck tomorrow!

• Health data: Sleep: 5 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 8.5
Run
  • 26m 15s
  • 3.00 miles
  • 08m 45s /Mi

Just a nice easy 3 miles around the neighborhood. Felt good to finally run in some cooler weather.

T - 357

Not much going on after another long day (and night).  Up early again this morning as I just can't sleep late!  Got the ol' house cleaning/yardwork/truckwashing sked to complete today (and of course football) but will get in a run today.  Lovely overcast 60 degree day outside.  Great running weather.  Looking forward to it, but gonna go for coffee first!!!  Anybody want to join me??? My treat!

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 4 Hours slept: 4 Overall Workout: 3

Cavu9's Training Log

November 2004 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30    

Time
Distance
  • April's totals
  • March's totals