Run
  • 30m
  • 2.21 miles
  • 13m 34s /Mi

You have got to be kidding me!!! Coach wanted me to do 30 minutes in Z1 HR, but that had me damn near walking. This is going to be tough to swallow week after week. Gonna have to talk to my coach about this!

Good thing I am going to lift weights today. Guess I will take my frustrations out there.....and maybe feel like I had a workout today!!!

Ironman Florida in...T - 346 days...?? hours....

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 7 Overall Workout: 2
Swim
  • -----
  • 2000.00 yards
  • -----

WU: 1x200
1x100
1x200
DR: 1x50 "zipper"
1x100 free
1x50 fingertips
1x100 free
SET: 10x100 (easy) on 10 sec RI
CD: 1x200

Overall good workout. Longest swim to date and 1st "coach" swim set. Didn't wear a watch for this workout as the coach wanted my main set to be at an "easy" pace. With a watch on, it is impossible for me to go "easy". I am always against the clock! I must win!!! So, the watch stayed in my locker.

As for the 10x100 set....not really that bad, just like anything else, you have just got to set your mind to not stopping until your goal is accomplished! It is all mental! Mind over matter, right?

Ironman Florida in...T - 347 days...?? hours....

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 7 Overall Workout: 3
Bike
  • 2h 00m
  • -----
  • -----

Went to the levee to ride for my workout, but forgot that there was a Half-marathon out there today. Oops! No way that I was going to be able to ride out there, so back home to get on the trainer. For the record, you don't ride your bike on the streets of New Orleans if you value your life. And, I value my Felt more than my life, so back to the trainer was the only option!

That's right...2 hours on the trainer! Ouch! But the goal was to do 2 hours in Zone 1 HR, while maintaining 90-100 rpm. Job Complete!

Good thing I got the new cardio room/sweat locker complete! Not to mention that I would have never survived without football on the tv! TGIS! (Sunday...for those that are acronym challenged!)

Ironman Florida in...T - 348 days...?? hours....

• Health data: Sleep: 5 Stress: 4 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 RHR: 51 Hours slept: 8.5 Overall Workout: 4
Run
  • 55m 37s
  • 5.00 miles
  • 11m 07s /Mi

Went running with one of our new marathoners...so went at her pace to get her through the scheduled 5 mile run today. Better get used to this pace though as I start with the coach tomorrow and I am sure I will be running in a lower HR zone than I normally run. Probably will be very close to this I am sure. Felt like I was race-walking more than running...but I just kept trying to work on my cadence. Felt good, could have gone for hours!

Did I mention anything about rain!!!! Poured on us the whole way. No wonder we were the only ones out there! Oh well, got the run in! Now I am home to put on some dry clothes and head to the gym for a leg workout!!!

Strength

• EXERCISE

Sets
    Min
    reps
    Max
    reps
    Min
    wt.(lb)
    Max
    wt.(lb)
  • ABS - Leg-Raise, Hanging
  • ABS - Sit-Ups, Flat
  • LEGS - Quad Extensions
  • LEGS - Seated calf raises

Light leg workout after my run this morning. Just wanted to get a few exercises in before I go to a full strength workout next week.

Ironman Florida in...T - 349 days...?? hours....

(Updated the counter to match the official IM Florida clock)

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 RHR: 53 Hours slept: 6 Overall Workout: 3
Run
  • 08m
  • 1.00 miles
  • 08m /Mi

Just a nice short run after the weight training.

Strength

• EXERCISE

Sets
    Min
    reps
    Max
    reps
    Min
    wt.(lb)
    Max
    wt.(lb)
  • ABS - Incline sit-ups
  • ABS - Knee-Raise, Hanging
  • BACK - Pulldowns - Wide Grip
  • BICEPS - Straight Bar Standing
  • CHEST - Flat Dumbell Press
  • CHEST - Incline DB
  • SHOULDERS - Military BB
  • TRICEPS - DB Overhead Extension

Coach workouts will be strength training 2x/week with low weight/high reps, so I wanted to give that a try today. Felt weird with such small weight, but toward the end of the higher reps, you could start to feel it! Overall good workout. Still going light to try to avoid muscle soreness from just getting back into the gym. Will try to get legs in tomorrow.

Ironman Florida in...T - 352

Well, I am biting the bullet as well and have decided to hire a coach for my IM training.  So with that said, I am going to celebrate by doing what I want to do today!  Looks like weights and a light run!  No worries Fromer, you will be glad to know that the coach has me swimming three days next week!  Happy Friday to all!!!

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 4 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 RHR: 52 Hours slept: 8 Overall Workout: 3
Swim
  • 22m 37s
  • 1500.00 yards
  • 01m 31s /100 yards

WU: 200yds
SET: 4x50 Fist Drill (45 sec avg)
4x50 Stroke Drill (42 sec avg)
3x100 (1:34 avg)
4x50 Stroke Drill (44 sec avg)
4x50 Fist Drill (48 sec avg)
CD: 1x100
2x50

Wow are the times different when I dress correctly. Wore the tri-suit today vice the normal beach/swim trunks. Guess that little thing called drag does make a difference!

Strength

• EXERCISE

Sets
    Min
    reps
    Max
    reps
    Min
    wt.(lb)
    Max
    wt.(lb)
  • BACK - Pulldowns - Wide Grip
  • BICEPS - BB Preacher
  • CHEST - Flat Dumbell Press
  • SHOULDERS - Military BB
  • TRICEPS - Skull crushers

Again, just trying to get back into the strength training after a long lay-off. Just wanted to work the overall body with high reps/low weight for a few times, then will go to 2x or 3x/week.

Lifting after swimming is a good match for me, but damn am I weak after the swim. felt good though!

Ironman Florida in...T - 353

• Health data: Sleep: 5 Stress: 4 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 4 RHR: 58 Hours slept: 9 Overall Workout: 4
Bike
  • 55m
  • -----
  • -----

Got busy putting together the home gym/cardio room, so I didn't meet my window for the pool. Jumped on the trainer instead. Did the Carmichael Time Trial DVD that came with the trainer. Nice, painful, cardio workout. Definitely more than what I would have done on the trainer alone.

Fromer, don't hate me...I'll catchup on the swim tomorrow and Friday!

Ironman Florida in...T - 354

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 4 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 4 Hours slept: 8 Overall Workout: 4

Cavu9's Training Log

November 2004 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30    

Time
Distance
  • April's totals
  • March's totals