Run
  • 30m
  • 2.40 miles
  • 12m 30s /Mi

As per the sked:

Treadmill run for 30 min @ Zone 1 on 3% incline (with 15 min barefoot!)

Now how is it that inside on the treadmill, I can control my breathing much better? I know it is easier resistence on the treadmill but I would have thought the 3% incline would have made up for that. Was able to keep my HR right at the rate I needed (138).

Now as for running barefoot...well that was weird, but I can see where it is going to help. I can feel exactly where my strike point is and can focus on more mid/front foot strike. HR only went up late in the run when I was barefoot and was paying more attention to foot strike vs. HR, but I could easily get it back under control with a better (read slower) breathing pattern.

Now, I just have to figure out why I could run faster on the treadmill and at a lower HR. Coach?

Oh yeah...did I mention that I didn't see where the coach slipped in the "Zone 1 AND Zone2" on the sked? That is another 10 BPMs that I could have pushed the pace higher with! Didn't see that until just now! Vital info that I have been waiting for...and I missed it! Hey..looky there...it is on friday's sked as well! Not going to miss that one!

Strength
  • 40m

• EXERCISE

Sets
    Min
    reps
    Max
    reps
    Min
    wt.(lb)
    Max
    wt.(lb)
  • ABS - Leg-Raise, Hanging
  • BACK - Pulldowns - Wide Grip
  • BICEPS - BB Preacher
  • BICEPS - DB Curls Alternating
  • CHEST - Flat Dumbell Press
  • CHEST - Incline DB
  • SHOULDERS - Military DB
  • TRICEPS - Skull crushers

Ironman Florida in...T - 324 days...?? hours....

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 6 Overall Workout: 3
Bike
  • 50m
  • 11.00 miles
  • -----

Treadmill @ home

Zone 1 (90+ RPMs)

Ironman Florida in...T - 325 days...?? hours....

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 8 Overall Workout: 2
Run
  • 50m
  • 3.66 miles
  • 13m 40s /Mi

I continue the self-torture, but don't know how much more of this I can take. With every step I take the more pissed I get, that is probably why I have to go so slow...because the anger is making my HR go higher. Not to mention that I am supposed to keep a cadence of 30 per 20 sec, but can't even do that while going so damn slow! (27-28 avg.)

I keep reading all these articles where Zone 1 training will be of huge benefit, but is it that good for me if I am beginning to hate even going out for the workout?

Hell, even going that slow, I couldn't keep my avg HR at 138 like I was supposed to.

Ironman Florida in...T - 326 days...?? hours....

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 8 Overall Workout: 1
Bike
  • 1h 00m
  • 13.77 miles
  • -----

Trainer @ home.

Easy ride keeping HR in Zone 1 and cadence above 90+.

Ironman Florida in...T - 327 days...?? hours....

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 4 Soreness: 2 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 9 Overall Workout: 3
Run
  • 50m
  • 4.55 miles
  • 10m 59s /Mi

Just went out around the neighborhood and did laps until I completed my scheduled 50 minutes. Didn't attempt to stay in Zone 1 like I was supposed, but instead opted for a 11 min/mile pace "to see" where my HR would be. Don't like 11 min miles but I can enjoy them more than the 13's that I have been doing.

Beautiful day out, not a cloud in the sky, temps in the 50s with a breeze making it feel around 40. Could have gone for hours at that pace and on a day like this, but the laps got too damn boring!

Strength
  • 30m

• EXERCISE

Sets
    Min
    reps
    Max
    reps
    Min
    wt.(lb)
    Max
    wt.(lb)
  • ABS - Crunch machine
  • BACK - Pulldowns - Wide Grip
  • BICEPS - DB Concentration
  • BICEPS - Straight Bar Standing
  • CHEST - Flat Dumbell Press
  • CHEST - Incline DB
  • SHOULDERS - Military DB
  • TRICEPS - Overhead Cable Extensions

Ironman Florida in...T - 328 days...?? hours....

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 9 Overall Workout: 3

Ironman Florida in...T - 329 days...?? hours....

Well, not going to get much training done today!  We finished up the F-14 adversary detachment and the troops surprised me by asking me to join them for a couple of drinks after work!  Here it is that they did all the work and kicked butt during this two week period, but it was me that they wanted to buy a drink.  Irony at it's best!  Of course, I said yes.  Rule #1, never say no to the troops on such an invite!  Workouts can wait!  Not to mention, it gave me a great opportunity to buy them all a beer or two and say thanks in a relaxed atmosphere!  These are the days in the Navy that make up for the months of long hours!  Again, it reminds me how lucky I am to get paid to do the job that I do!

Back at home now (only had 3, cuz I had to drive home!), but looks like a few more 12oz curls for me today!  Gonna sleep in then catch up on some much needed exercise in the upcoming 4 days off!!! No work till Wednesday!!!

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 7
Bike
  • 45m
  • 5.00 miles
  • -----

Trainer @ home

45 min in Zone 1 @ 90+ RPM

Ironman Florida in...T - 330 days...?? hours....

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 4.5 Overall Workout: 3

Cavu9's Training Log

December 2004 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
    1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31 

Time
Distance
  • April's totals
  • March's totals