Run
  • 55m 44s
  • 5.12 miles
  • 10m 53s /Mi

Forgot to pack my HR monitor((hehehehe), so I just went out for an "easy" run. Nice temp today..probably was a bit too cold at the start (wearing only shorts and a dry-fit top) but I warmed up fine by the end and was very comfortable even with the cool wind blowing.

Nice run through town (I live in a small town outside of Memphis). I forget what it is like to be home and be known by so many people. Had numerous people honking, waving and cutting me off to talk to me as I was running...all wishing me a welcome home and a Merry Christmas...you just got to love small-town America!!!

Maybe it was my own modern day/fitness type of "Its a Wonderful Life" as all the people waved and called out to me as I ran down main street! It's good to be home!

Ironman Florida in...T - 318 days...?? hours....

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 7 Overall Workout: 3

Ironman Florida in...T - 319 days...?? hours....

Made it home to the Memphis area.  Damn is it cold!  Hating the cold already, but there is a hint of flurries for Christmas Day and the day after, so I will bear with it if that happens.  After that, I need some warm weather..no more cold!  Send it North where those whackos enjoy it!  (Yeah, you know who you are!).  I will never complain about the hot New Orleans summer days again...well, atleast not till May!  

Scheduled off-day.  Run is on the sked tomorrow...have I said how much I hate the cold, yet?

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 5
Bike
  • 1h 00m
  • 12.85 miles
  • -----

Trainer @ home.

Zone 1 (90+ RPMs)

Ironman Florida in...T - 320 days...?? hours....

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 4 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 8 Overall Workout: 3
Run
  • 52m
  • 4.40 miles
  • 11m 49s /Mi

Was supposed to be another Zone 1 run(55 min), but I could not keep my HR down, no matter how slow I ran. Maybe going to that smoke filled bar last night was not a smart idea. Boy do I miss San diego and their no-smoking policies!. I tried to go off of feel and not the HR today. Ran "easy" not slow.

Ironman Florida in...T - 321 days...?? hours....

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 6 Overall Workout: 2

Ironman Florida in...T - 322 days...?? hours....

Last day of work today.  Half day then it is off until after Christmas!  I leave for Memphis on Monday.  Haven't been home in two years, so I am looking forward to it.  I am sure the workouts will suffer a bit; too cold to take the bike and no pool.  Oh well, I will get in what I can with the runs and enjoy the holidays!

Too much fun enjoying the start of my vacation...no workout gonna happen today.  I will make up for it tomorrow with some extra miles!

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 7
Bike
  • 45m
  • 9.43 miles
  • -----

Trainer @ home

90+ RPMs in Zone 1

Normal trainer ride staying in Zone 1 HR. Maintained HR good throughout focusing on breathing pattern to lower HR when needed. HR spikes were during one-leg drills.

Ironman Florida in...T - 323 days...?? hours....

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 7.5 Overall Workout: 2
Run
  • 30m
  • 2.40 miles
  • 12m 30s /Mi

As per the sked:

Treadmill run for 30 min @ Zone 1 on 3% incline (with 15 min barefoot!)

Now how is it that inside on the treadmill, I can control my breathing much better? I know it is easier resistence on the treadmill but I would have thought the 3% incline would have made up for that. Was able to keep my HR right at the rate I needed (138).

Now as for running barefoot...well that was weird, but I can see where it is going to help. I can feel exactly where my strike point is and can focus on more mid/front foot strike. HR only went up late in the run when I was barefoot and was paying more attention to foot strike vs. HR, but I could easily get it back under control with a better (read slower) breathing pattern.

Now, I just have to figure out why I could run faster on the treadmill and at a lower HR. Coach?

Oh yeah...did I mention that I didn't see where the coach slipped in the "Zone 1 AND Zone2" on the sked? That is another 10 BPMs that I could have pushed the pace higher with! Didn't see that until just now! Vital info that I have been waiting for...and I missed it! Hey..looky there...it is on friday's sked as well! Not going to miss that one!

Strength
  • 40m

• EXERCISE

Sets
    Min
    reps
    Max
    reps
    Min
    wt.(lb)
    Max
    wt.(lb)
  • ABS - Leg-Raise, Hanging
  • BACK - Pulldowns - Wide Grip
  • BICEPS - BB Preacher
  • BICEPS - DB Curls Alternating
  • CHEST - Flat Dumbell Press
  • CHEST - Incline DB
  • SHOULDERS - Military DB
  • TRICEPS - Skull crushers

Ironman Florida in...T - 324 days...?? hours....

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 6 Overall Workout: 3

Cavu9's Training Log

December 2004 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
    1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31 

Time
Distance
  • April's totals
  • March's totals