Still too much ice.  Roads are clearing but the sideroads and the sidewalks are still covered with about an inch of ice!  No running on the edge of the streets as the snow plows have pushed all the slush to the side of the road.  I just can't win!  Guess there will be no running till I get back to the Big Easy!

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 6
Christmas Day!  No workouts...gonna enjoy the day with the family (not like I could run if I wanted too...too much ice!).

• Health data: Sleep: 1 Stress: 4 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 4

Ironman Florida in...T - 315 days...?? hours....

Ditto from yesterday!  I am getting a little stir crazy.  I want to run!  But just too damn cold and too much ice!  Oh well, it is Christmas Eve...I will be distracted by food and adult beverages with the family!

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 4 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 4 Hours slept: 6

Ironman Florida in...T - 316 days...?? hours....

No run today.  I got my White Christmas but it is in the form of 2 inches of ice then about a 1/2 inch of snow on top.  Not going to chance it.  Plus the wind chill is hovering between 10 &-10 degrees.  Too damn cold for me! 

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 4 Hours slept: 7

Ironman Florida in...T - 317 days...?? hours....

No run today!  Was going to try to get one in even though it is an off-day per the sked.  I had good intentions, but the ice storm that we are getting right now is putting  a stop to that.  I can run in the cold (and hate it), but not going to be stupid enough to run in this weather.  Maybe tomorrow  will be the snow that they promised us.  A snow run would be fun, an ice run...not so much!

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 8
Run
  • 55m 44s
  • 5.12 miles
  • 10m 53s /Mi

Forgot to pack my HR monitor((hehehehe), so I just went out for an "easy" run. Nice temp today..probably was a bit too cold at the start (wearing only shorts and a dry-fit top) but I warmed up fine by the end and was very comfortable even with the cool wind blowing.

Nice run through town (I live in a small town outside of Memphis). I forget what it is like to be home and be known by so many people. Had numerous people honking, waving and cutting me off to talk to me as I was running...all wishing me a welcome home and a Merry Christmas...you just got to love small-town America!!!

Maybe it was my own modern day/fitness type of "Its a Wonderful Life" as all the people waved and called out to me as I ran down main street! It's good to be home!

Ironman Florida in...T - 318 days...?? hours....

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 7 Overall Workout: 3

Ironman Florida in...T - 319 days...?? hours....

Made it home to the Memphis area.  Damn is it cold!  Hating the cold already, but there is a hint of flurries for Christmas Day and the day after, so I will bear with it if that happens.  After that, I need some warm weather..no more cold!  Send it North where those whackos enjoy it!  (Yeah, you know who you are!).  I will never complain about the hot New Orleans summer days again...well, atleast not till May!  

Scheduled off-day.  Run is on the sked tomorrow...have I said how much I hate the cold, yet?

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 5

Cavu9's Training Log

December 2004 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
    1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31 

Time
Distance
  • April's totals