Damn....you just have to love Nawlins'.   I mean how great is it to be able to drive home and find a drive-thru daiquiri shop on every corner.  Really, it's true.  So after passing the third one on a Friday (and off-day), I just HAD to stop and get one!  I promise this will be my only one..I do have to run tomorrow...or was it bike...or was it swim?  Damn it!  I hate when that happens!!! 

Scheduled Off-day. 

Ironman Florida in...T - 259 days...?? hours....

Swim
  • 50m
  • 2100.00 yards
  • -----

WU: 200 yds
DR: 2x50 each (pull, fist, stroke, pull)
SET:
16x25 on 10 sec
1x200 (3:28)
4x50 on 10
8x25 on 10
CD: 100 yds

Ironman Florida in...T - 260 days...?? hours....

• Health data: Overall Workout: 3
Bike
  • 30m
  • 7.32 miles
  • -----

Trainer at home @ 90+ RPMs

Run
  • 15m
  • 1.54 miles
  • 09m 44s /Mi

Treadmil at home @ 1%

Wednesday brick workout.

Ironman Florida in...T - 261 days...?? hours....

• Health data: Overall Workout: 3
Run
  • 30m
  • 3.18 miles
  • 09m 26s /Mi

Treadmill @ home @ 1% incline.

Swim
  • 50m
  • 2200.00 yards
  • -----

WU: 200yds
SET: 3x125/2x175/3x125
CD: 100yds

Longest swim in YEARS!!! and everyone knows that I have been less than swim focused the last few weeks (OK, Fromer...months!) Felt really good at the start then started to die at the end of the SET. Damn was I happy to get back to the drills and the CD. Overall, even with the struggle I am pleased with the effort! Now just have to keep it up and keep building!!!

Ironman Florida in...T - 262 days...?? hours....

• Health data: Overall Workout: 4
Run
  • 28m 47s
  • 3.00 miles
  • 09m 35s /Mi

Pathetic run. Was dying after the first mile. Can you say DEHYDRATED???? Too much alcohol and too little sleep to catch up from in only one day! Got to get the nutrition and hydration back under control quickly!

Guess this is the payback for all the fun that I had this weekend!!!

Ok here it is..laying it all out on the line!  See what happens when you have no S.O. and you are alone on Valentine's Day.  Been doing a bit of thinking..yeah, I know..it scares me too!  But here it goes...My running is waayy behind schedule for my half-mary coming up.  Too much work, travel, and partying and not enough running for me to race the Halfy coming up in two weeks.  I am not backing out of it, just being smart about not racing it.  I will run with the girls and pace them doing the good ol' run/walk to their goal race pace whatever that may be (usually they shoot for under 12 min/mile).  Now back to me!  After that, I will start to rebuild my running, the right way.  So with that said, I have dropped the Rock-n-Roll Marathon off of my list of races.  This kills me as I love the race and the trip to San Diego to see friends.  Guess, I will plan a get away weekend to SD another time.  So with that said, I have put the Buffalo Springs Lake Half-Ironman back on the list of races.  I took it off due to the RNR marathon and some work travels close to that time frame.  Not really an easy way out/replacement for the RNR marathon (pretty damn tough HIM), but it will be easier on my run build up.  Not sure if I like the changes...I am really gonna hate missing the RNR but I have to be smart about my Ironman training...that is the ultimate goal, right?  I am just scared to death that too much running too soon will cause the shin splints to come back.  Got a bad case of them last year by over-training and ramping up for the marathon (RNR) in too short of time to properly train and still ran the marathon (read..dumbass!) and was not able to run for about three months after that.   I may be a bit overconcerned about the running (and injuries) but I don't want to chance my IM for the chance of the shinsplints returning!  Just trying to be smart...which is not the norm for me!  

Ironman Florida in...T - 263 days...?? hours....

• Health data: Overall Workout: 2

Can anyone say Groundhog Day???  Last night was a repeat of Friday night and today is unfortunately another repeat of yesterday.  Going on about 5 hrs of sleep over the two day period!  Still at work until about 5pm then it is homeward bound.  No workout today!  I got plenty of exercise in last night (or early this morning) walking up and down Bourbon Street. 

Ironman Florida in...T - 264 days...?? hours....

Back at work after our "Dining Out".  Going on only a few hours of sleep, but I think I will survive.  Please type quietly!!!!

Ironman Florida in...T - 265 days...?? hours....

Cavu9's Training Log

February 2005 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
   1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28     

Time
Distance
  • April's totals
  • March's totals