Run
  • 45m
  • 4.70 miles
  • 09m 34s /Mi

Run around the neighborhood. Just finding a comfortable pace for Sunday.

Didn't do much today except doing a bit of grocery shopping, laundry, playing on BT and spending some quality time with Champ.  So what should I do today???  I am on my pre-MCM weekend vacation and have no plans other than my run to do today.  Decisions, decisions, decisions....

I need help in deciding on an early season training camp/vacation...please help!!!

http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=58213&posts=1&start=1

Bike
  • 1h 00m
  • 17.40 miles
  • 17.40 Mi/hr
Strength
  • 15m

Upper body circuit x1

Nice easy ride on the CT.

OK, so the carpet fiasco is still ongoing at work, so being bored is now the norm.  So much so that I am taking off the rest of the week just so I don't have to go into work and do nothing.  And how else shoud I prep myself for the weekend's activities upcoming in DC???  By doing absolutely nothing this week!!!

CT ride tonight while watching the "What it takes" DVD that just arrived. 

Taking today off instead of tomorrow.  My achilles tendonitis is flaring up again.  Need to take it easy today and do some major stretching of the hamstring to loosen up the achilles.

Looks like another movie and dinner date day again.  Have no idea what to see.

Run
  • 26m 11s
  • 3.10 miles
  • 08m 27s /Mi

Mile 1: 8:35
Mile 2: 8:32
Mile 3: 8:21

Boy, I must have been on some good drugs when I was in the hospital, because I don't remember them giving me new legs while I was there. This is a nice run for Lane.

Marla Angotti Memorial 5K

Today was the innaugural event for my good friend that passed away a few years ago from lymphoma.  It was a benefit run for St. Jude Children's Research Hospital and a memorial scholarship in Marla's name.  So I drove over to my hometown this morning for the 5K.  Met Marla's mom there and talked with her till the race started.  Got my first award (and probably last) as I placed #2 in my age group and #7 overall.  But the truth is, this was a very small race, so taking home some hardware wasn't much of an accomplishment.  :)

I can't remember any of my old 5K times, but I am thinking that this was a PR for me at the 5k.  Well it is atleast the time that I will shoot for now.

I am officially in for Ironman Louisville.

Just couldn't get motivated to swim this morning.  Kept getting the guilty thoughts of my coach bitching me out for not taking the prescribed off day.  So today is now officially a yellow-square day!
Run
  • 26m
  • 2.72 miles
  • 09m 34s /Mi

OK, so reading the "getting drunk" thread has now got me in the mood to start planning another one of my "Margaritaville in the Winter" parties.  Normally I wait till it turns real cold, but I might not be able to wait that long...I need a day of good margaritas, great tequila, hawaiian shirts and Jimmy Buffett music.  Now, just need to decide when!!

Another PB for Champ:  2.72 miles!!!

It was a good run in very cool temps and was going good until the rain started.  the mist was fine, but the downpour didn't please Champ or I, so we went IFR-direct to home.  No swim today as I am going to do it tomorrow on my off day.  I figured I have traded enough workout days for off-days that I should reverse course a bit.  And since, our semi-annual Navy PFA (Physical Fitness Assessment) is tomorrow and the fact that the doctors haven't cleared me for physical activity (shhh!!!), I am not allowed to participate, therefore I am going to swim while they are testing.

High today WAS 70.....and that WAS at 0100 (that's 1 a.m.) and the temp is dropping rapidly ever since.  Going to make for an enjoyable cool run this afternoon.  Damn I love running in cold weather...it's the biking that sux!  40 degree temps...WHOO HOO!!!!

Bike
  • 45m
  • 12.91 miles
  • 17.21 Mi/hr

CT ride with 8x1 min at 110+ RPMs (1 min RI)

Bored beyond belief at work as they are replacing the carpet in the building and I have been displaced from my office and computer.  A lot of sitting around doing nothing...yes, more than normal!  This is sitting around doing nothing and NOT having the ability to surf the net like normal. 

Cavu9's Training Log

October 2006 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31    

Time
Distance
  • April's totals
  • March's totals