Oops, I forgot about the followup DRs appointment I had today.  Actually, remembered just in time, but with the amount of blood that they took from me for lab tests, I think I will pass on the run for tonight.  Might not be the best idea.  Oh well, guess it is just going to be packing and wrestlemania III with Champ tonight.

I may actually swim today.  Ok, so it is only a bit after 9 a.m. and I have already talked myself out of the swim.  I just can't get motivated to swim these last few weeks.  I will trade it for a weight workout and either a run (if the rain stops) or another CT ride.  Tomorrow is an off day/travel day to DC for the weekend BT festivities....WHOO HOO!!! 

Bike
  • 1h 00m
  • 18.20 miles
  • 18.20 Mi/hr

Thigh killer workout on the CT.

60 min with 3x 10 min (@60 RPMs) with 5 min High RPMs (95+) RI

Workout done!

I put up a few more photos of Champ today.  These were taken today, so now you can see how big he is getting...only 8 months old.  http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/photos/photo-thumbnails.asp?albumid=2136 
Again, I have nothing in the plans other than being a lazy bum around the house, maybe do a bit of house decor shopping and if the rain holds off, I may take Champ to Shelby Farms to run wild and play in the water.  

Run
  • 45m
  • 4.70 miles
  • 09m 34s /Mi

Run around the neighborhood. Just finding a comfortable pace for Sunday.

Didn't do much today except doing a bit of grocery shopping, laundry, playing on BT and spending some quality time with Champ.  So what should I do today???  I am on my pre-MCM weekend vacation and have no plans other than my run to do today.  Decisions, decisions, decisions....

I need help in deciding on an early season training camp/vacation...please help!!!

http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=58213&posts=1&start=1

Bike
  • 1h 00m
  • 17.40 miles
  • 17.40 Mi/hr
Strength
  • 15m

Upper body circuit x1

Nice easy ride on the CT.

OK, so the carpet fiasco is still ongoing at work, so being bored is now the norm.  So much so that I am taking off the rest of the week just so I don't have to go into work and do nothing.  And how else shoud I prep myself for the weekend's activities upcoming in DC???  By doing absolutely nothing this week!!!

CT ride tonight while watching the "What it takes" DVD that just arrived. 

Taking today off instead of tomorrow.  My achilles tendonitis is flaring up again.  Need to take it easy today and do some major stretching of the hamstring to loosen up the achilles.

Looks like another movie and dinner date day again.  Have no idea what to see.

Run
  • 26m 11s
  • 3.10 miles
  • 08m 27s /Mi

Mile 1: 8:35
Mile 2: 8:32
Mile 3: 8:21

Boy, I must have been on some good drugs when I was in the hospital, because I don't remember them giving me new legs while I was there. This is a nice run for Lane.

Marla Angotti Memorial 5K

Today was the innaugural event for my good friend that passed away a few years ago from lymphoma.  It was a benefit run for St. Jude Children's Research Hospital and a memorial scholarship in Marla's name.  So I drove over to my hometown this morning for the 5K.  Met Marla's mom there and talked with her till the race started.  Got my first award (and probably last) as I placed #2 in my age group and #7 overall.  But the truth is, this was a very small race, so taking home some hardware wasn't much of an accomplishment.  :)

I can't remember any of my old 5K times, but I am thinking that this was a PR for me at the 5k.  Well it is atleast the time that I will shoot for now.

I am officially in for Ironman Louisville.

Just couldn't get motivated to swim this morning.  Kept getting the guilty thoughts of my coach bitching me out for not taking the prescribed off day.  So today is now officially a yellow-square day!

Cavu9's Training Log

October 2006 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31    

Time
Distance
  • April's totals
  • March's totals