Race report is completed!
Had a great run yesterday and then got in a few more miles chasing down Team Chippy and the many other BTers out on the course. Congrats to Cindy and Chippy for completing their first marathon. Heading to the airport shortly so I will catch up on the logs and post my RR when I get back home. I am home and gonna play with Champ a bit, then I will get to the RR.
Run
  • 58m 59s
  • 6.30 miles
  • 09m 22s /Mi

Garmin time matched race time, but the distance showed 6.3 vice 6.2....guess I did some zig-zaggin on the course. I am counting this tenth, but I am not counting the many extra miles that I ran (see below) because I didn't have the Garmin on....and without the documentation, those extra 6 miles or so never happened.

Had a good run during the 10K.  Felt really strong throughout.  Took the first half easy, then pushed a bit more on the second half.  After the run, I got my warm clothes on then went out on "the search" for Chippy's cookies.  She wanted sugar cookies from Subway, but little did she tell me that there aren't any Subways in the great DC area.....but what Chippy wants, Chippy gets.  I ran through many different suburbs to get her the damn cookies and had to booked tail to get to the meet up point at mile 21.  Goal accomplished!!!  More to come in the race report....

All the BTers looked great on the course.  What a great weekend.

Made it to DC fine and visited with Cindy during the day and helped her run a few errands. Then later in the evening Chippy, Trixie and Stake came over for dinner. Good to see them again and to finally meet Stake. Not much on the sked today except for the expo, etc.and maybe a movie, then dinner tonight with the BT gang.
Heading to the airport shortly.  Early flight out to DC this morning.  I will try to check in from the road.

Oops, I forgot about the followup DRs appointment I had today.  Actually, remembered just in time, but with the amount of blood that they took from me for lab tests, I think I will pass on the run for tonight.  Might not be the best idea.  Oh well, guess it is just going to be packing and wrestlemania III with Champ tonight.

I may actually swim today.  Ok, so it is only a bit after 9 a.m. and I have already talked myself out of the swim.  I just can't get motivated to swim these last few weeks.  I will trade it for a weight workout and either a run (if the rain stops) or another CT ride.  Tomorrow is an off day/travel day to DC for the weekend BT festivities....WHOO HOO!!! 

Bike
  • 1h 00m
  • 18.20 miles
  • 18.20 Mi/hr

Thigh killer workout on the CT.

60 min with 3x 10 min (@60 RPMs) with 5 min High RPMs (95+) RI

Workout done!

I put up a few more photos of Champ today.  These were taken today, so now you can see how big he is getting...only 8 months old.  http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/photos/photo-thumbnails.asp?albumid=2136 
Again, I have nothing in the plans other than being a lazy bum around the house, maybe do a bit of house decor shopping and if the rain holds off, I may take Champ to Shelby Farms to run wild and play in the water.  

Run
  • 45m
  • 4.70 miles
  • 09m 34s /Mi

Run around the neighborhood. Just finding a comfortable pace for Sunday.

Didn't do much today except doing a bit of grocery shopping, laundry, playing on BT and spending some quality time with Champ.  So what should I do today???  I am on my pre-MCM weekend vacation and have no plans other than my run to do today.  Decisions, decisions, decisions....

I need help in deciding on an early season training camp/vacation...please help!!!

http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=58213&posts=1&start=1

Cavu9's Training Log

October 2006 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31    

Time
Distance
  • April's totals
  • March's totals