Bike
  • 1h 00m
  • 16.10 miles
  • 16.10 Mi/hr

Scheduled workout:  1+00 Z1 ride on the Computrainer maintaining 100 RPMs +

March Madness starts today.  Let's go Memphis...Let's go VOLS !!!!

TENNESSEE 63 - Winthrop (yes, Winthrop) 61

I had to work and didn't see it, but evidently we hit a shot with 2 seconds left on the clock to win.  A win is a win...I will take it, however very ugly.

In regards to HR training......These HR's are ceilings, not a target.  --- Gordo

Bike
  • 45m
  • 14.12 miles
  • 18.83 Mi/hr

Avg. watts: 161

Stayed in Zone even with an increase in watts.

Run
  • 15m
  • 1.53 miles
  • 09m 48s /Mi

Zone 2 transition run after the CT workout. (Actually the avg HR was Z1).

Gonna do my 45 min CT ride/15 min transition run after work.  Hopefully, after that I will be able to go meet Haley for dinner.  Our schedules never seem to match.  Maybe tonight, but it will be tough with her limited time in town and her big move back to Texas.

Workout done. 

No luck on the dinner plans with Haley as she is sick.  Haley, get well soon, Texas awaits you!!!  Guess tonight's plans involve doing laundry and shaving the legs!  Whoo Hoo! 

Run
  • 1h 00m
  • 5.03 miles
  • 11m 56s /Mi

Had to drink the Kool-aid and did the 8:2 to keep the HR low and below Z2. Actually the HR settled down after about 35 mins and I was able to drop the run/walk on th way back in.

Uneventful drive back on a gorgeous day.  Got back to the base, dropped the bags and headed out for my run.   A bit windy, but a very comfortable 71 degree day with no clouds.

Headed back to New Orleans today.  I will try to get in a run after I get there.

Schedule for the week:
Monday:
        Off
Tuesday:
       1+00 Z2 run
Wednesday:  0+45 bike/0+15 transition run
Thursday:      1+00 Z1 bike @ 100 RPMs
Friday:           1+00 Z2 run
Saturday:       Have to work/No workout - Moving 2+30 bike to Monday
Sunday:         1+30 Z1-2 run

House is mine!  I am officially a resident of the state of Tennessee again!  Kinda sucks that I have to go back to New Orleans tomorrow and not start moving my stuff into the house.  A few more weeks...

Scheduled workout:  None.  Back to the original Monday off schedule.

OK, today is the day!  Nothing like signing your life away on about 1,000 documents.  Why does there have to be so much paperwork involved in buying a house?  I want the house, I promise to pay for siad house, no let me sign here...once!  That's it!  But nooooooo......
Run
  • 1h 02m 43s
  • 5.50 miles
  • 11m 24s /Mi

Scheduled workout: 1+00 Z1-2 run

Holy Humidity, Batman!  Tried to start out easy and run the run as prescribed, but the humidity and hills just wouldn't allow it.  Felt that I was going deathly slow, but couldn't keep the HR down.  Finally got pissed and shut the HR alerts off.  Continued to try to run easy and keep the HR as low as possible.  Even though the avg. HR is in Z2, I am not pleased that I couldn't keep the max much lower.  Maybe I should have done the 8:2 to keep the HR down.  Oh well, better luck next time!

Going out shortly to get my run in.  Supposed to be heavy storms all day today.  Other than that, not much else....that is my day!

Run
  • 31m 48s
  • 3.00 miles
  • 10m 36s /Mi

Was tired from the drive and the day's activities but wasn't about to take a yellow square day. Headed out for a short run. Tried to stay Z2 for the flats and Z3 for the hills. HR was a bit higher than I wanted but it was a good run overall. Better than no run at all.

Up at 0500 and out of New Orleans by 0600.  The drive went pretty well with little traffic out.  Made it to Memphis at noon and met my mother at my new house for the final walk through.   Everything seemed to be in place with a few touch-up items and a good cleaning to do.  Sounds like everything is a go for Monday morning at 0900.

Going to enjoy the weekend with the family and take it easy.  Will do a 1+00 Z1-2 run tomorrow.

Bike
  • 1h 00m
  • 17.82 miles
  • 17.82 Mi/hr

60 min Z1-2 ride on the CT

Avg watts: 144
Avg RPMs: 96

Computrainer workout won the coin flip!   

I have decided that it will be a CT ride tonight along with packing for my early morning drive tomorrow.  Not going to take my bike on the short trip, so it will be run, run, run for the next few days...so biking makes more sense tonight.

Happy Friday people!!! 

Off to Memphis in the morning!  Final walk through on the house tomorrow then a run with a few Memphis BTers on Sunday.  Closing on the house on Monday, then back to Nawlins on Tuesday.  Quick and hectic trip, but it is all very much worth the trouble!

Cavu9's Training Log

March 2006 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
    1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31 

Time
Distance
  • April's totals
  • March's totals