Bike
  • 50m
  • 15.26 miles
  • 18.31 Mi/hr

Avg watts: 153

10 min WU then increased the gear every 5 minutes till reaching top of Z2 (149), then maintained Z2 as best I could while trying to push 90 RPMs. Found out that 200 watts is tough to do...could only maintain it at 88-89. Avg. RPMs for workout: 92.

Computer died at 50 minutes. So I stopped there.

Baseball season begins tonight!!!  Don't care for the ChiSox or the Indians, but it is time to PLAYBALL!!!!  I will be watching, but tomorrow...is the real start to the season....

Go PADRES!!!!

Last night was not as eventful as Friday night, but it was very enjoyable.  Back on base this morning and going to relax for a few hours then get a workout in later this afternoon.

6 days and counting....

Let's just say that when you start out with 3 for 1 Happy Hour specials things can ramp up pretty quickily!!  Fun, fun night.... 

Decided that the best hanover recovery method would be to have some great cajun food.  Beignets and Cafe au Lait for breakfast; 1 dozen raw oysters & crawfish bisque for lunch; jambalaya and a cup of Chicken and Andouille gumbo for dinner!  An yes, a daiquiri, hurricane, and beers to wash it all down.

7 days and counting....

Let the yellow streak begin (or continue again!)....

Headed down to Bourbon right after work.  Gonna be fun!!!

8 days and counting....

Bike
  • 45m
  • 12.88 miles
  • 17.17 Mi/hr

Z1 ride on CT at 100+ RPMs.

Well, the news is in..... I GOT THE JOB!!!  Thanks for all the crossed fingers, it must have worked.  The news...I have been hired on as a marathon coach for the Memphis Chapter of Team in Training.  Most of you may know of my involvement with TEAM and how this charity is near and dear to my heart.  This is a great day!!!  Yes, my Ironman goals (any after IMFL) will have to be put on hold, but this is not about me, this is about connecting to the cause!!  IMFL will still happen, but after that, I will be doing too many marathon programs a year to keep up with the IM training.   This is trade-off that I am more than willing to do.  I am stoked!!!

GO TEAM!!! 

Shhh...don't tell anyone, but I think I may have broken the code on allowing me to have BT access from work!   

On the back side of the work week.  I am soo looking forward to my weekend.  Just need to get through two more work days.  Another workout on the CT tonight.

9 days and counting....

Single digits baby!!!

Run
  • 1h 17m 32s
  • 6.50 miles
  • 11m 56s /Mi

Scheduled workout: 1+00 Z2 run

8:2 run/walk
avg HR was in Z1 due to the walks; most of the running was done in Z2 at 151-155.

Just wasn't feeling the small talk this morning.  Haley was correct on calling me on that and my "distance" the last couple of weeks.  I apologize, but have been busy, and that has been a "good" busy.  Lots of things going on as I close up shop here in Nawlins and also coordinate my move to Memphis.  I have not been in a happier place the last week or so.  Just need to push through a few more days....then it will be Memphis-time and a 3 week vacation before reporting to my new job on May 2nd.  Also going to add some "fun" time this weekend.  It is my last weekend in New Orleans, so what better way to enjoy it that spending the entire weekend down on Bourbon Street???  Hoteling it the whole weekend!  Going to be a blast!  Anyone want to come play???  All are invited!  So before you all start bitchin about the yellow squares, let me just add....I don't give a damn!!!  ;)

Just the normal "good morning, I'm going to work and will be doing my workout after work" posting...

10 days and counting....

Bike
  • 1h 00m
  • 17.46 miles
  • 17.46 Mi/hr

Avg Watts: 136

An easy Z1 ride on the Computrainer.

Oh yeah...something big is in the works!!!  Keep your fingers crossed.  I would tell, but it may jinx it.  I will let you know in a few days!!! 

Back to work today.  Then a 60 min+ Z2 run this afternoon.  Gonna be a 1+00 Z2 Computrainer ride instead.

11 days and counting....

Drove back to New Orleans today.  Just got back and died in my chair.  Guess my body was a bit tired.

12 days and counting....

Cavu9's Training Log

April 2006 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Time
Distance
  • April's totals
  • March's totals