I was going to ride the CT tonight, but the bike is now being packed in the truck along with the rest of my belongings.  I could run....but I am not!  Nothing big on the agenda for my last night in Nawlins, so I will just relax, finish packing and get a good night's sleep. 

And then there was two....

2 days and counting....

Bike
  • 45m
  • 12.47 miles
  • 16.63 Mi/hr
Run
  • 15m
  • 1.52 miles
  • 09m 52s /Mi

Scheduled workout: 45 min Z2 bike/15 min Z2 transition run

Did the bike in Z1 vice Z2 then did a quick change and headed out the door. Nice easy run, legs felt good, and at a decent pace (for Z2).

Gotta love DST!

Getting closer.....

3 days and counting....

Run
  • 1h 16m 44s
  • 6.50 miles
  • 11m 49s /Mi

Scheduled workout: 1+00 Z2

Decided to do the 6.5 perimeter road loop one last time, not to mention that I wanted to make up the lost 15 minutes from yesterday. Nice easy run using the 8:2 run/walk. Kept pace pretty dead on, only slipping into Z3 by 1 bpm a couple of times.

Workout done!  Now off to do a little laundry.  Also, it is shave night for the legs...

Friday just will not get here quick enough....

4 days and counting....

Run
  • 45m 37s
  • 4.40 miles
  • 10m 22s /Mi

What was supposed to be a 1+00 Z2 didn't end up that way. Started out slow and keeping within my appropriate zone when the sky opened up and started to drown me. Thought I would just keep going, but that changed quickly after a few lightning bursts...needless to say the zone work was scrapped for some speed work. Found the most direct way to get home. Let's just say the heat, humidity, and dehydration didn't help things either.

Just got off work...Heading out for my run shortly.   DONE!!  Now it is time to watch the Padres!!!  Tune to ESPN2 at 6pm CST.  Who cares about basketball...no one cares who wins that thing now.  (I am kidding Wendi, I am actually rooting for the Gators.) 

5 days and counting....

Bike
  • 50m
  • 15.26 miles
  • 18.31 Mi/hr

Avg watts: 153

10 min WU then increased the gear every 5 minutes till reaching top of Z2 (149), then maintained Z2 as best I could while trying to push 90 RPMs. Found out that 200 watts is tough to do...could only maintain it at 88-89. Avg. RPMs for workout: 92.

Computer died at 50 minutes. So I stopped there.

Baseball season begins tonight!!!  Don't care for the ChiSox or the Indians, but it is time to PLAYBALL!!!!  I will be watching, but tomorrow...is the real start to the season....

Go PADRES!!!!

Last night was not as eventful as Friday night, but it was very enjoyable.  Back on base this morning and going to relax for a few hours then get a workout in later this afternoon.

6 days and counting....

Let's just say that when you start out with 3 for 1 Happy Hour specials things can ramp up pretty quickily!!  Fun, fun night.... 

Decided that the best hanover recovery method would be to have some great cajun food.  Beignets and Cafe au Lait for breakfast; 1 dozen raw oysters & crawfish bisque for lunch; jambalaya and a cup of Chicken and Andouille gumbo for dinner!  An yes, a daiquiri, hurricane, and beers to wash it all down.

7 days and counting....

Let the yellow streak begin (or continue again!)....

Headed down to Bourbon right after work.  Gonna be fun!!!

8 days and counting....

Cavu9's Training Log

April 2006 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Time
Distance
  • April's totals
  • March's totals