• 48m 45s
  • 2500.00 yards
  • -----

WU: 1x300
DR: 8x50 Pull
SET: 4x300 (5:04/5:08/5:12/5:02)
DR: 8x50 Pull
CD: 1x200

Another early morning swim completed!  Now for breakfast!

Strength
  • 30m

Stretching, pushups, jumping jacks, core, etc.

Looks like the morning PT may be the only workout today...unless the dinner date gets pushed back a bit.  Maybe a short run if I can fit it in.

Up and eating breakfast before packing my gear and heading to work.  Mandatory PT this morning with the command.  You know, it is good that the command gives you time to work out, but I hate being told to do this or that or having to do it with a group.  I would much rather just go on my own and knock out my scheduled run instead.

Happy hump-day people!

Swim
  • 49m 44s
  • 2500.00 yards
  • -----

WU: 1x300
DR: 8x50
SET: 1x (250/200/250/200/300)
DR: 8x50
CD: 1x200

This is in response to Bodycheck's quote in her log that I just noticed.  Kinda reminded me of one of my favorite country songs......"Chicks dig it!" by Chris Cagle.

"Scars heal, glory fades
All we are left with are the memories made.
Pain hurts, but only for a minute,
Life is short, so go on and live it,
cause the chicks dig it!"

Up at 4:30 and out to the pool by 5.  Now back home eating breakfast and heading to work shortly.  This probably will be my only workout of the day since I have a Team in Training meeting tonight!

Have fun!

Bike
  • 1h 00m
  • 17.42 miles
  • -----

Fun night last night listening to Yellowcard, Staind, & Blues Traveler.

So this is what Monday's feel like.  Guess I didn't mind them too much when I was off for the past month.  Oh well, gotta pay the bills.  Computrainer ride tonight after work.  Done!!!

The ride today didn't happen due to the early morning rain.  So, I decided to move my off-day for tomorrow to today.  Instead, I have been busy all day, puting up with my organizing, shopping, and knocking things off the to-do list.  Now I am getting ready to head down to the river (downtown) for the last night of the Memphis in May Music-fest.
Run
  • 1h 01m 11s
  • 6.14 miles
  • 09m 58s /Mi

Good easy run on the Memphis in May run course!

Met fellow BTer, Frank Amato, at the lake so we could run the Memphis in May course.  Great run on a cool early morning here in Memphis.   Guess you could call this our nature run.  Saw a deer, a copperhead, and he saw a bat, and that was all on the course.  I didn't see anything in the woods when I ventured in for a little break.  :)  Gotta love the country!  I forgot about the rolling hills on this course.  Yeah, I know, those aren't hills to anyone else, but to this boy who has been in Nawlins the past 2.5 years, a little change in elevation on the course can be felt.  And for those playing at home, you may remember that Lane had a big ol' DNF last year at Memphis in May due to the hammy.  Revenge time??? You betcha!!! 

Bike
  • 1h 00m
  • 15.40 miles
  • -----

Scheduled workout: 1+00 CT ride @ 100+ RPMs.

Rode mostly at 16+ mph, but had to jump off the trainer for a minute or two to check on Champ. He realized quickly how close NOT to come to the trainer...got cracked in the noggin pretty good. Oh well, he learns quick and didn't get anywhere near it after that. He is fine!

Work done & workout done!  Tomorrow I am going to run the Memphis in May course.

Well today is the day....Lane goes back to work.  Left New Orleans on the 7th of April, now after close to a month, I think it is time to join the workforce again.  Plus, the Navy says I have too.  Oh well, the first day or so will be running around base meeting people and getting checked in.  What better day to do that than Friday, and a rainy Friday at that.

Computrainer ride for tonight!

Cavu9's Training Log

May 2006 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31   

Time
Distance
  • April's totals