Run is not gonna happen.  Just finished with the yard mowing, now I am doing laundry and heading out to run some errands.  Gotta pack when I get back.   Good thing this is a post-race recovery week.  ;)
Mornin peeps.  Gonna be a busy day today.  Meetings all day, rush home at lunch for the deliver of the new lawn mowers, then back to work for more high-vis meetings, then home to do laundry, go grocery shopping and to pack the bags for my trip to South Carolina tomorrow.  Oh yeah, sometime in there, I need to get a workout in....
Run
  • 40m
  • 4.04 miles
  • 09m 54s /Mi

Easy run after morning PT. The legs felt fine, no pain, but just were dead. Still just coasted along to get the miles in.

Strength
  • 20m

Morning PT: strength/stretch/core

Morning PT with the work peeps.  Then I will take off on my scheduled run.  I will log it after I get back home this afternoon.  Hopefully, I will have my first of many scheduled massages today. 

Massage appointment @ 5pm.  Hell yeah!

Ok, guess I am in the post-race funk.  I totally blew off my swim this morning to sleep in.  I finally was able to catch up on some much needed rest and the bed just felt damn good.  No way was I getting out of it at 0430 this morning.  I'd decided to do a workout this afternoon, but just realized that I can't as I have a Team in Training meeting again tonight, so another yellow square day for Lane.  No worries, this was going to be very low on mileage as I have to go out of town to South Carolina for a wedding this weekend.  The official IMFL training plan starts next Tuesday after Memorial Day and the hours/distances shoot up from there.  Rest week, hell yeah, I'll take it!

Also I have scheduled a massage therapist for 2-3 visits a month and VO2 & LT testing (lab) every 6-8 weeks.   Guess it is back to the world of Zone 2 (or the Cult of Kicking Ass as Chippy calls it!) for a while.  Definitely need more time in the saddle!  Time to Rock

Race report is up!

Didn't sleep too well and I am up early to get ready for work and to take Doug to the airport.  I didn't give his details, but here they are:  He finished 4th, but the thing is, is that he was only 53 secs from winning.  All four were right there together by a matter of seconds, literally.  He had the fastest swim split and the second fastest run....this guy is good!

Taking it easy today will happily enjoy my yellow square.  The body actually feels pretty good, no real soreness and only the chaffing under the arms where I forgot to put bodyglide.

Happy Monday folks! 

Bike
  • 1h 17m 31s
  • 24.80 miles
  • 19.20 Mi/hr

T2: 1+49

Run
  • 1h 05m 14s
  • 6.20 miles
  • 10m 31s /Mi

Race report will be up tomorrow night after work.

Down and dirty: Great swim, intentionally took it easy on the bike watching HR and cadence and then went out too fast on the run and paid for it at the end with the heat and hills. Finished with GolfingGods, so it was a great finish!

But wasn't too tired to go after the cooler and drag it back up the hill with GolfingGods so we could have our post-race beer. The Guinness (all 3) never tasted so good!

Swim
  • 24m 33s
  • 1640.00 yards
  • 01m 30s /100 yards

53 OF 164 AG

T1: 2+47

Well, I was about 45 minutes to an hour slower today than last year...but that is because I actually did he run and got revenge on the DNF from last year.  Good race, but damn was it hot out there today!  More info to follow.  Got the gang here at the house now catching up on our nutriton and hydration post race.   Good weight loss plan as I drank continuously on the course and had three beers and still lost three pounds! 

Time was approximately 2:52...swam great, biked under controlled, ran the first three miles too fast, then got chills and heartrate spiked too high, so I slowed down from there.  Overall goal was sub 3, secret goal was 2:45, so good and bad, but didn't DNF, so I am thrilled!

Bike
  • 21m 53s
  • 6.22 miles
  • 17.05 Mi/hr

Just a quick ride around the neighborhood to get loose and to check out the bike.

Survived work then did a final cleanup around the house before the weekend guests arrived.  Picked up Doug at the airport then headed back to the house where Chris (Cbost) and Chris (GolfingGod) were waiting.  Just visited and chatted it for a while.  Very calm, relaxing night.  Karl should be here in a few hours.

Plan for the day...

• Grocery shopping
  • quick bike-check ride
  • head to expo/packet-pick up
  • OW swim at race site (wetsuit?)
  • quick mile run to loosen legs??
  • dinner at SW with the BT gang

And a note to those asking (or commenting ;) ), there was no drinking last night.  The only bottle left out was my water bottle.   Not what you guys were expecting, huh?   No worries, just wait till Sunday!

Rest day/Off Day.  Need to survive work then it is all about the Memphis May OLY festivities!!

Cavu9's Training Log

May 2006 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31   

Time
Distance
  • April's totals
  • March's totals