Bike
  • 1h 00m
  • 15.40 miles
  • -----

Scheduled workout: 1+00 CT ride @ 100+ RPMs.

Rode mostly at 16+ mph, but had to jump off the trainer for a minute or two to check on Champ. He realized quickly how close NOT to come to the trainer...got cracked in the noggin pretty good. Oh well, he learns quick and didn't get anywhere near it after that. He is fine!

Work done & workout done!  Tomorrow I am going to run the Memphis in May course.

Well today is the day....Lane goes back to work.  Left New Orleans on the 7th of April, now after close to a month, I think it is time to join the workforce again.  Plus, the Navy says I have too.  Oh well, the first day or so will be running around base meeting people and getting checked in.  What better day to do that than Friday, and a rainy Friday at that.

Computrainer ride for tonight!

Run
  • 40m
  • 4.24 miles
  • 09m 26s /Mi

1) 9:35
2) 9:28
3) 9:31
4) 9:19

• 24) @ 8:53 pace

• Swim
    • 54m 39s
    • 2500.00 yards
    • -----

WU: 300
    DR: 8x50 pull
    SET: 12x100 @ 20secs.
    CD: 200

1:39/1:45/1:45/1:45/1:45/1:46/1:45/1:46/1:46/1:47/1:49/1:45

Run complete:  (pm)   Tried to run 4 miles at 10 min/mile pace, but couldn't get the legs to slow down that much.  Noticed I started out too fast after the first two, slowed a bit for 3 then gave up on 4.

Swim workout complete:  (am)  Most of the 100s were around the 1+45 range, with the fastest being 1+39 (1st one, of course) and then a 1+49 (the 11th).  Not great, but I will take it considering the little amount of swim training that I have done and the fact that I was wearing swim trunks and not doing flip turns.  Still need a lot of work....but time is on my side!  ;)  How about a run later this afternoon???

Enjoy your day!

Run
    • 26m 31s
    • 3.00 miles
    • 08m 50s /Mi

#1 - 9:16
    #2 - 8:52
    #3 - 8:23

I like these negative splits. Enjoying the no HR running...but I will go back to it after Memphis in May OLY.

Swim
    • 54m
    • 2400.00 yards
    • -----

WU: 300
    SET: 3x125 @20/2x175 @ 30/3x125 @20
    CD: 200

Got the run in...and it felt good!  Yeah me!

Up early and eating breakfast...will head out the door shortly to get my swim in.  A run later this afternoon is on the sked.

Didn't get to the pics from St. A's, but I will do it today.

Done, except for the pro pictures from St. A's and the run.  Gonna try to head out for my 3 miler in a bit...hopefully this storm will pass.  (Note to self:  Invite some people over to help get you lug that f-ing heavy-ass treadmill indoors and upstairs to the home gym so you can run indoors when weather is bad.)

Found one helluva a LBS today.  This is the way it is supposed to be...friendly people, great mechanics, local bike rides from the store, and bikes, bikes, bikes....guess who may be buying that roadie after all???  You St. A peeps know what I am saying....and yes, my eye is on a BEAUTY!!!  Came home with a few new bike cages, tubes, CO2 cartridges, Chamois Buttr, and left Kali with them to add on the Polar computer.

Bike
    • 30m
    • 9.00 miles
    • 18.00 Mi/hr

First time on the Computrainer since the move. Had a few difficulties getting it set up properly and lost some data. Had to restart and therefore was cut short on time. Probably another 15 minutes of actual training.

30 min @ 150 watts
    avg HR: 137

And in other news, I have been asked to host a pro triathlete at my house for Memphis in May.  His name is Doug Friman...now off to check some info on him.  Sounds like a cool opportunity to get some inside info and see how the real triathletes do it.  Here is a link with a short bio of Doug...

http://www.zootsports.com/team_dougfriman.php?thisPage=racing

Up early and playing with the puppy.  More contractors, painters, etc coming by the house again today.  I will my workout in this afternoon as well as mowing the yard.  Busy day, but need to make the most out of it before heading back to work later in the week.

I have lots of great pictures, but there are many, many of them to sort through before adding to the album.  I will get them up today!  And back online with high-speed....Whoo Hoo!!!

Well, the fun is over...now I have to go home!  :(

St. Anthony Jockstrap duty!!!!

Run
    • 30m
    • 3.05 miles
    • 09m 50s /Mi
    Easy run on the treadmill at the hotel.  Now need to clean up and go join the BT masses for dinner.
    All the racers are headed back down to the water for some pre-race workouts.  I am just going to enjoy a relaxing morning, then get a workout in at the hotel gym, then catch up with the group this afternoon for more BT festivities.

Cavu9's Training Log

May 2006 
    SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
      1 2 3 4 5 6
    7 8 9 10 11 12 13
    14 15 16 17 18 19 20
    21 22 23 24 25 26 27
    28 29 30 31   

Time
    Distance
    • April's totals
    • March's totals