Sport
  • Softball
  • -----

The old man can still play ball! Wish I had that much talent in triathlons!!!

Ok, the decision is in...I am going to stick with my off-day and rest, then hit the weekend strong.  The smart info from the girls in my inspires (and Coredump) talked me into it.  I am so easy when it comes to hot smart women. ;)
Today is my scheduled off day, but we will see...I am behind on a couple of workouts!

Swim
  • 51m 36s
  • 2500.00 yards
  • -----

WU: 1x300
DR: 8x50 pull
SET: 6x200 on 20sec RI
CD: 1x200

3:32/3:38/3:43/3:39/3:37/3:40

Made a critical mistake after work today.  I sat down in my leather chair for a few minutes to get caught up on the US Open.  Next thing I know, it is now 7pm as I awaken from my nap...guess my body was telling me it was tired.  Doesn't look like I will be getting the ride/run in tonight after all.  Now I am 2 hours behind for the week and need to figure out a way to make it up.  Tomorrow was supposed to be an off day, but I may try to fit in a makeup workout.  That is after a couple of hours of softball tomorrow at the command's picnic.  Not a true off-day, but the softball isn't going to help me any at IMFL, so I will have to get in some tri related workout tomorrow in addition to the fun and games.

Posted another pic of Champ.  Thanks for reminding me to do so!  He was 4 months old on the 13th.  Take a look at how big he is getting compared to the earlier photos.

http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/photos/show-album.asp?albumid=2136&photoid=14807

Another early morning swim.  I love the feeling of the cool water early in the morning, but dammit do I hate getting out of bed at 0430 to get there!

Little brick action later today with 45 min CT ride and a 30 min transition run.  Guess these Thursdays will be known as Tri-Thursday.

Run
  • 1h 00m
  • 6.16 miles
  • 09m 44s /Mi

Morning run (after military PT): 3.08 miles/30 min.

Evening run: 3.08 miles/30 min

Now how did that happen??? Same exact distance?

Strength
  • 25m

Stretch/Strength/Core

Did the second 30 min run and it ended up at the same distance as the morning run.  Good pacing???  I think not, I am very surprised at this, as my legs are dead and it felt like I was running in quick sand...very painful, but I guess I found my happy place and zoned out and ended up running faster than the perceived speed.  I'll take it!
Only had time for 30 minutes of running, then had to get cleaned up for work.  Will do the second 30 min run in a little bit.
Morning PT at work then hopefully I will have time to fit in my hour run before starting work.

Swim
  • 53m
  • 2500.00 yards
  • -----

WU: 1x300
SET: 3x100/3x200/3x100
CD: 1x200

Early morning swim, then a CT ride later tonight. CT ride not going to happen tonight, too much going on.  I will fit it in later this week.  Maybe on my off-day on Friday.  Sounds like my riding partners will not be able to make it this weekend, so there may be a few alterations to the sked....but I will get all the time in this week!!!

Also came home to find out that my mother has stolen Champ for a day or two.  My neice is in town, so they swung by and picked him up to play with.   Can't be too upset since he gets someone to play with all day instead of being by himself in the back yard as he is normally when I am at work.

Oh yeah.... I got a "good boy" from Trixie....so that means I must be doing something right with this training thing!

Run
  • 1h 00m
  • 5.74 miles
  • 10m 27s /Mi

Took Champ out for the first .6 miles then dropped him off inside and went back ot to finish up the run.

There is my first little dent in this monster wall for the week!  The legs were dead from the weekend, but guess they will be a bit sore from the 112 mile bike ride on Nov 4th too, huh? 

Holy F-ing Time spike Batman!  Anyone else notice the little "planned training" spike in the graph to the left?  That is what I woke up to this morning.  That will scare the shibit out of you at 5:30 in the morning.  I knew the time was increasing, but daaaammmmmnnnnn!!!  My poor little 60 minute run today is barely going to make a dent into that!!!  :(

Bike
  • 2h 33m 28s
  • 41.05 miles
  • 16.05 Mi/hr

Another scheduled TITS ride. A few minutes short on time. Misjudged the distance and pace, but other than that a good ride.

The pace was slow, but that is all good, since it was a Z2 ride and for much needed TITS. Kept the HR down except in the hills.

Just put the CJ away for the weekend, so I decided to change the avatar back.

Another good ride with FrankAmato and Twolives (Lisa).  No car wrecks this weekend, which I guess is a good thing.  Rode the Felt (Katrina) today.  Boy does she ride good.  I forgot how great a bike she is.  Still thinking about getting her a different color paint job.

The rest of the day is going to be spent with Champ and CJ.

Week in Review:

Time:  7+10
Swim:  2500 yds
Bike:  59.15 miles
Run:  13.91 miles

Well it was a good week of training, but not close to the prescribed amount.  Got a little over 7 hours of training in, but was scheduled for around 9 hours.  However, I intentionally cancelled two workouts(the bike ride the night before the LT test & the run the day of the test) so that I could get some training info to use.  The only real missed workout was Thursday's swim.  That was just due to being tired.  But guess what...I am going to be tired during the IM...so I better "Cowboy up!" and start making all of my workouts as they are scheduled.  On the good side, I am 40 miles over my bike total from last month and it is only the 11th.  (goes to show how much last month sucked :( ) 

Run
  • 1h 17m
  • 8.00 miles
  • 09m 38s /Mi

Good run. Got out to Shelby Farms and knocked out an easy 4 miles (9:18 pace), then kicked off my TEAM in Training participants on their 4 mile run; knocked out my other 4 miles then waited on the others to finish. Gonna be HOT today, so it was good to get this one done early.

Changed the avatar, just because it is too nice of a weekend NOT to be in the Jeep.  It's a Jeep weekend!!!  The Guinness turtle will return after I get through playing this weekend.
Run complete and back home.  Now I am seriousy contemplating doing the 2500yd swim that I missed earlier in the week.  Maybe do that this afternoon. Nope, got too many errands to run.  Oh well, better luck next time.
Up early (0430) so that I can head out and get my run done before it gets too hot.

Cavu9's Training Log

June 2006 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
     1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 

Time
Distance
  • April's totals
  • March's totals