Forgot that today was my massage day....what a great blessing that was!!!

Trading Friday for today.  I have too much going on today, so I need to utilize the off day.  I will make up today's workouts on Friday.

Run
  • 1h 00m
  • 5.70 miles
  • 10m 32s /Mi

First .83 with Champ then dropped him off and went back out. Ignore the weather forecast for today...go with the next 3 days...it is damn HOT outside at 7pm even.

Swim
  • 1h 02m 05s
  • 3000.00 yards
  • -----

WU: 1x300
DR: 8x50 pull
SET: 6x100/4x200/1x300
CD: 1x200

Our office building took a lightning strike during the storms this weekend, so...no utilities...no workie!

Heading to the pool shortly for my swim, then running a few errands then back to the house for a run later tonight.

Got the swim done, but it wasn't fun.  Had no rhythm or strength to pull.  Guess the weight workout for the triceps and shoulders yesterday did me in.  Fought through it and got 'er done!

Got the run done too...now off for a nice ice bath!!!  Just like the swim, I guess the weight workout/lunges (and the 3 hr ride) did me in a bit...I had no leg strength out there running today.  26.2 miles of that is going to suck!!!  But the finish.....  :)

Late note from yesterday:  Having the ability to use the loaded courses in the CT are fabulous.  I used the IMFL course and it was neat how the resistance would change on the inclines and declines...now I just need to get a weather report the day of my trianer rides and load in the wind as well for more realisitc riding!

Bike
  • 3h 00m
  • 51.30 miles
  • 17.10 Mi/hr

Avg watts: 145
Max watts: 320

Avg cadence: 90

Stayed in Zone (actually a bit below Z2) for most of the ride, until the last 10 minutes where I pushed it a bit and ignored the HR.

Strength
  • 20m

weights & core

Well it is done!  Much better than I thought, but still not as enjoyable as being outside.  However, the CT is better than the normal trainer...No way in hell would I have survived on the ol' fluid trainer.  Got's to love the CT.

What a great day this is going to be....none of my usual riding partners are available for a ride nor is the weather around here worth getting out in.....guess, that means that I will be getting my money out of that Computrainer today.  3 hours on the trainer...ouch!  But it has to be done!  Guess it will be a Kona marathon on the DVD today.

Week in Review:

Time:  9+04
Swim:  5000 yds
Bike:  51.3 miles
Run:  20.9 miles
Weights:  45 min

Still not happy with the missed workouts, but it is a two hour improvement over the last two weeks, so I won't complain too much.  It only gets harder this coming week with an increase in swim distance per workout and the addition of another swim.  Got to keep building!!! 

And I am not meeting my goal of 2 strength sessions per week...just can't find time to get to the gym...so I went out and bought a bench and set of weights for the house...no more excuses right??

Run
  • 1h 34m 21s
  • 9.00 miles
  • 10m 29s /Mi

Ran 3 laps around the Chickasaw trail loop. Nice run with a few hills and lots of wildlife....rabbits, squirrels, snakes, chipmunks (hey Chippy!), ducks, geese, and buffalos...yes, buffalos. Some rich guy donated a huge herd of buffalo to this area for research...pretty cool to be running and watching a herd of buffalo roam in the field a few 100 yds away.

Nice run on an overcast morning.  Not bad to have 9 miles completed by 9 a.m.

Forgot my Garmin and HR monitor (and felt lost without it), so I used the 8:2 run/walk to try to slow me down.  Didn't really succeed, but I had a great run and feel good afterwards.  Happy Saturday peeps!!!

Sport
  • Softball
  • -----

The old man can still play ball! Wish I had that much talent in triathlons!!!

Ok, the decision is in...I am going to stick with my off-day and rest, then hit the weekend strong.  The smart info from the girls in my inspires (and Coredump) talked me into it.  I am so easy when it comes to hot smart women. ;)
Today is my scheduled off day, but we will see...I am behind on a couple of workouts!

Swim
  • 51m 36s
  • 2500.00 yards
  • -----

WU: 1x300
SET: 6x200 on 20sec RI
CD: 1x200

3:32/3:38/3:43/3:39/3:37/3:40

Made a critical mistake after work today.  I sat down in my leather chair for a few minutes to get caught up on the US Open.  Next thing I know, it is now 7pm as I awaken from my nap...guess my body was telling me it was tired.  Doesn't look like I will be getting the ride/run in tonight after all.  Now I am 2 hours behind for the week and need to figure out a way to make it up.  Tomorrow was supposed to be an off day, but I may try to fit in a makeup workout.  That is after a couple of hours of softball tomorrow at the command's picnic.  Not a true off-day, but the softball isn't going to help me any at IMFL, so I will have to get in some tri related workout tomorrow in addition to the fun and games.

Posted another pic of Champ.  Thanks for reminding me to do so!  He was 4 months old on the 13th.  Take a look at how big he is getting compared to the earlier photos.

http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/photos/show-album.asp?albumid=2136&photoid=14807

Another early morning swim.  I love the feeling of the cool water early in the morning, but dammit do I hate getting out of bed at 0430 to get there!

Little brick action later today with 45 min CT ride and a 30 min transition run.  Guess these Thursdays will be known as Tri-Thursday.

Run
  • 1h 00m
  • 6.16 miles
  • 09m 44s /Mi

Morning run (after military PT): 3.08 miles/30 min.

Evening run: 3.08 miles/30 min

Now how did that happen??? Same exact distance?

Strength
  • 25m

Stretch/Strength/Core

Did the second 30 min run and it ended up at the same distance as the morning run.  Good pacing???  I think not, I am very surprised at this, as my legs are dead and it felt like I was running in quick sand...very painful, but I guess I found my happy place and zoned out and ended up running faster than the perceived speed.  I'll take it!
Only had time for 30 minutes of running, then had to get cleaned up for work.  Will do the second 30 min run in a little bit.
Morning PT at work then hopefully I will have time to fit in my hour run before starting work.

Cavu9's Training Log

June 2006 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
     1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 

Time
Distance
  • April's totals
  • March's totals