Bike
  • 1h 00m
  • 18.10 miles
  • 18.10 Mi/hr

Computrainer ride.

avg watts: 148
max watts: 217

avg cadence: 98

For those that are asking...yes, Champ loves the Jeep.  He is already riding with me whenever I go out in it.  Heck, I think he is part of the reason that I bought it.  So does the dog IN the Jeep make it more of a chick magnet???  Some of us need all the help we can get!
The day of rest definitely helped.  I feel much better and I am looking forward to the CT ride tonight, the 8 miler on Saturday, and the 3 Hr ride on Sunday.  Time to Cowboy up!

OK, a pic of the new addition to the family has been added to my albumn.  More to follow in the next few days.

http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/photos/show-album.asp?albumid=2590&photoid=14395

Trying to listen to the body today.  Not sore, but just tired.  Maybe this will be a yellow square day, then again, maybe not, we will see after work.

Bike
  • 20m
  • -----
  • -----

LT & VO2 test. 10 min warmup then 10 min all the F out! Ouch!

Oh yeah...and tomorrow night I go and pick up the new addition to the family!
Test completed this morning and just got back from the massage.  Gonna take the rest of the night off and enjoy the post-massage livelihood.  I will rearrange the sked and catch up on things on what would have been my off day on Friday.
Off to do my LT  & VO2 tests today.   Semi-busy day at work planned, then the massage, then home to get in a run.  I sure to miss my beer days....

Swim
  • 55m
  • 2500.00 yards
  • -----

WU: 1x300
DR: 8x50 pull
SET: 12x100
DR: 8x50 pull
CD: 1x200

I could definitely feel that I have been out of the pool for two weeks. Just didn't have my rhythm.

Oops, I forgot that the massage appt wasn't until tomorrow night.  Thankfully I remembered before actually leaving to go the said appointment.  And I will need the massage after the LT & VO2 tests tomorrow morning.
At the pool at 0500, now back at the house for a shower and breakfast before heading off to work.  Massage after work!!!

Run
  • 1h 05m 05s
  • 5.91 miles
  • 11m 01s /Mi

Did the scheduled 1+00 workout in Z2 as required. (5.41 miles @ 11:06 pace).

Now I am headed out to run Champ around the block again. Finished the .5 mile loop in 5:05 with Champ.

OK, it is official now...I have completely lost my friggin mind!  Not only am I just beginning my training for IMFL, but I just dropped some nice dimes down on the IMAZ 07 entry.  Yep, back-to-back IM's.  I really wanted to do IMAZ this year, but with all the shibit that went on as you guys know, I swtiched to IMFL (again!).  But today, I was looking online and noticed that next year's race is on April 15th...the day that Marla died.  I got into this because of her, so there was no way I could not race on this day FOR HER!!!

I looked on the sked and I will have a chance to take 1 month completely off then start back on a 20 week plan like I am doing now for IMFL.  Hope the bod holds out!

I wanted to get up early and get my run in before work, but I couldn't get my lazy arse out of bed to do it.  I will just have to do it after work instead.  Busy week of workouts and also another massage on tuesday, LT & VO2 tests on wednesday, tri-thursday workout, then finally an off day on Friday.

Last week was a good start to the training, but I did miss two swim workouts, shortened a run by 20 minutes and missed a strength training session.  Wasn't 100% for most of the week, but stilled managed a 7+42 week, so I will call it a good start and move on.

Bike
  • 2h 29m 35s
  • 38.70 miles
  • 15.52 Mi/hr

Don't know if time and/or pace is correct as we had to stop a couple of times for traffic and for a wreck. Either way, it was TITS (time in the sadlle), so it was all good. Kept the HR down.

Easy ride with fellow BTers Lisa (twolives), Frank (FrankAmato), and Tri Thunder teammates Damie and Missy.  An easy ride on a new course, so we took it very slow.  Nice course though, definitely will do it again.  Everything was good until the ride back where we had a couple of cars pass us, then one car came flying by and next thing I know about another 1/2 mile up the road, I see a car wrecked and a couple of our riders out in the road and off their bikes.  NONE OF THEM WERE HIT NOR WERE THEY THE CAUSE OF THE ACCIDENT!!!  What happened was that this 16 y/o kid lost control of his car going around a curve too fast and about 200yds in front of two of our riders.  They immediatley raced up to help the kid and luckily he was able to climb out of his car after he rolled it a few times.  Yes, he was wearing his seatbelt...good for him!  We sat there and helped him and directed traffic until the cops and ambulance go there; no apparent injuries other than what seems to be a kid that will be very sore for the weeks to come.  Neighbors had called the cops for us, so they arrived really quick and took over the scene.  Off we went, but much more careful this time...it is amazing how that will wake you up.  Hope the kid will be alright, then someone can kick him for being a nimrod and driving too fast on country (curvy) roads. 

Overall great ride, slow, but very enjoyable.  Great ride with good friends on a beautiful day...can't beat it!

Run
  • 38m 24s
  • 3.64 miles
  • 10m 33s /Mi
easy run this morning.  It was my first weekend with my new marathon group.  Just did some out and backs to check on them and trying to keep the HR low.  A little short of what was scheduled, but the way I have been feeling this week, I will take it and move on to tomorrow's bike ride.

Cavu9's Training Log

June 2006 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
     1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 

Time
Distance
  • April's totals
  • March's totals