Bike
  • 1h 00m
  • 17.13 miles
  • 17.13 Mi/hr

EZ ride on the CT with 4 x 4min @ race pace.

Run
  • 45m
  • 4.54 miles
  • 09m 55s /Mi

Scheduled workout:

10 min WU
5x2min pickups @ faster than 5K pace this weekend w/ 2 min recovery
15 min CD

I think I went a bit to easy on the EZ portion and "may" have gone too fast on the pickups, but it really didn't feel like I was puting forth that much effort. Tried to maintain sub 9s for the pickups...averaged about 8:30s.

Strength
  • 20m

Strength/Stretch/Core

Morning PT and and some interval work during my morning run.....Have the CT ride tonight with more intervals...

• Health data: RHR: 56
Swim
  • 1h 00m
  • 2600.00 yards
  • -----

WU: 10x100 (3x free/pull/kick and 1x drill)
8x50 (25 fast/25 steady)
5x200 maintain avg.
CD: 1x300 pull

Didn't get 100 of the kick as the they were "kicking" my arse!

I notoriously have only used my legs as rudders when I swim...so incorporating the legs is going to take some work...these kick drills were easy, but hurt!

Tough day of meetings and it is brutally hot outside now, so I am going to push my run off till tomorrow and do it during my normal Wednesday PT time, then I will do the prescribed CT ride tomorrow night.

Swim done...now I am devouring a bagel, then off to the showers and then to work.  Have a run scheduled for this afternoon too.

• Health data: RHR: 52

Coach says I get today off!   Whoo Hoo!!!

Race week baby!!!  Haven't raced since Memphis in May....I am ready to go!!! 

Bike
  • 1h 00m
  • 18.31 miles
  • 18.31 Mi/hr

Z2 ride on Computrainer <140 bpms

Avg watts: 152
Avg RPMs: 92

Didn't get to get out for the long ride this morning as I got a call last night from a few friends that were stranded in Memphis with some plane troubles with their jets.  Went out to help them trouble shoot the problems and to get some help with the repairs.  Parts are being delivered today and they are soon to be back on their way out to Fallon, Nv for some training.

Good time last night and today with a couple of my fellow Navy Bro's (one was stationed with me while in Nawlins).  Got their planes fixed then stayed around for their take-off and wing-wave.  Damn I miss working with these F/A-18s.....now tell me again, why I decided to take this desk job here in Memphis????

No worries on the workout, I got the 50 miler in on tuesday so I really didn't miss a long ride this week.  I wll do a CT ride later today/tonight and maybe a bit of weights.

Week in Review:
Time:  9+00
Swim:  2500 yds
Bike:  83 miles
Run:  16.5 miles

Another good week, but still dropped a workout or two, but also changed the workout distances on some workouts in an effort to semi-rest for next week's race.  But that is all going to change starting with next week as I am no longer in control of my schedule.  Please stay tuned.....  ;)

Run
  • 2h 11m 11s
  • 12.00 miles
  • 10m 56s /Mi

8:2 run/walk.

Beautiful day, great temps for running.

It is 5 friggin 30 on a Saturday morning and I am up!  WTF?  The things I do for a healthy lifestyle....

Out to go run my 12 miler this morning then back to watch the TDF.  Time Trials today???  Oh well, maybe even watch them from the comforts of my bed!  :)

And I did get the phonecall that I was expecting, so a bit more news on that once I return.  Gonna shake up things a bit.....but it is all for the better!

1030:  Back from the run.  It was a great day for running.  Didn't get above 80 until I was on my last 2-3 miles, then it seemed to heat up pretty quickly from there.  Glad I got an early jump on it.  Tried to go slow and just ran a comfortable pace during the 8:2 run/walk.  Looks like my run/walk times are steadily improving!  Yeah me!  :)  I could have gone more if I wanted too, but of course...I didn't want too!  Just stuck with the prescribed distance.  Nutrition on the course was a Gu @ 3, 6 & 9.

Oh yeah....the phonecall....well about 5pm last night I get a call from Andrea Fisher (yeah, that Andrea Fisher) and we just were talking about my upcoming IM (x2) journey.  She is just way too cool and a very down to earth person...it definitely didn't feel like I was talking to one of the Ironman elites!  You just have to love how great these elite athletes are and how willing they are to help us newbies out.  Bet you can't find that in many other sports, can ya?  Well anyway, she decided to help me with my training and help me reach my goal of back-to-back IMs.  So, I guess I got me a coach again!!!  I feel more comfortable with having one.  My training has improved immensely over the last month or so, but that is due to much improved attitude and not the self-coaching....going it alone scares the shiznit out of me, so having Andrea in my corner is the final piece to this IM puzzle of mine.  Just got to do it now!  However, with her swimming background and ability, I have to admit that I am a bit scared of the swim workouts that will be headed my way!  ;)  Actually, I am pumped about the training plan that she is giving me and having the ability to chat with her about any questions along the way.

So now it is off to watch the replay of the TDF TTs.

Swim
  • 53m
  • 2500.00 yards
  • -----

WU: 1x300
DR: 8x50 pull
SET: 1x500/200/500
DR: 8x50 pull
CD: 1x200

Expecting an important phone call later today.......
Only got in 2500 as I couldn't get my lazy arse out of bed any earlier.

Bike
  • 45m
  • 13.68 miles
  • 18.24 Mi/hr

Z2 ride on the Computrainer.

Run
  • 15m
  • 1.50 miles
  • -----

15 min transition run after CT ride and with Champ!

Estimated distance as Champ was in a hurry and I forgot to grab the Garmin.

Atleast I got the second half of the day's workouts completed.
Slept through the alarm this morning, so no swim.  I still have a 45/15 brick later today, so I will knock that out after work.  Have to swim tomorrow...have to swim tomorrow....have to swim.....

Cavu9's Training Log

July 2006 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31     

Time
Distance
  • April's totals
  • March's totals